Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

Can you guys just agree to disagree. Eal likes Persona and Yangus likes SMT no need to argue over it.

Let's find some common ground here:

It's absolutely horrible that they censored the hell out of this game. Otherwise DarkBaramos's "urges" might be coming back.

I feel like I'm missing something here. I don't recall any innards being censored Platty.

I mean, they censored some demon tatas. That'd rustle MY jimmies if I was into lady demons.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never again.   ...   Actually, you really should. I'm prepared to troll like I've never trolled before.   Maybe it will get those two users who joined only for that damn topic will magically rea

CENSORSHIP?!   (Internet explodes)

Wish people cared as much about the game instead of the changes made to it. Can't wait for the next 6 months of this.  So long as they keep the boob physics.

Figured this was relevant to the topic for those who want play the game as close to the original as possible.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/06/28/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-modders-working-uncensoring-wii-u-rpg/

Oh thank God somebody is taking up this task. I was afraid I'd have to look at Tsubasa as an 18-year-old for the rest of my play through instead of as the 17-year-old she truly is. The whole time I've been playing, I've been desperate to see what she looks like in a bikini and without straps on her clothes as well, and now, thankfully, that door is open to me.

After Fire Emblem Fates I don't read comment sections on games with changes made to them anymore. It was just...awful. People were acting so entitled. Because they took out the petting minigame some acted as if it was their right to pirate the game at that point so they could still play it without giving Nintendo money. Whining about the voices sounding bad, anger over this thing or that thing. No one talking about the gameplay, just the ancillary stuff that was taken out. Some couldn't even bring themselves to say the non-Engrishy names Nintendo gave the characters that people had been referring to them as when the game was still in the process of making its way over here.

• Upvote 1

Only the angriest will play it

So Varuna then?

So Varuna then?

King angry, lord of the anti-censorship nerds.

All shall bow before him in his angry indignation.

So Varuna then?

No, remember, he didn't play it, he just criticized it and waited for other people that did play it or at least did a substantial amount of research from the findings of people who played it, to come out of the woodwork to support his arguments.

After Fire Emblem Fates I don't read comment sections on games with changes made to them anymore. It was just...awful. People were acting so entitled. Because they took out the petting minigame some acted as if it was their right to pirate the game at that point so they could still play it without giving Nintendo money. Whining about the voices sounding bad, anger over this thing or that thing. No one talking about the gameplay, just the ancillary stuff that was taken out. Some couldn't even bring themselves to say the non-Engrishy names Nintendo gave the characters that people had been referring to them as when the game was still in the process of making its way over here.

These days, reading the comments on anything is generally a bad idea. 

These days, reading the comments on anything is generally a bad idea.

The word "cancerous" is thrown around a lot these days, especially from YouTube celebrities, but I think I can say with confidence that giving a generally entitled fan base an outlet outlet to argue with total strangers could be described as such.

I was interested in Fire Emblem Fates, but the changes I heard about it and the backlash from some fans of it made me uninterested. That was probably REALLY stupid of me, I think I'd want to play Fates later down e line though.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

I mean, it was a fun game regardless. People gave Nintendo a lot of flak for the textual changes but some of them were funnier and had more personality that way.

This was a weird one because I actually watched a video that covered all the confirmed changes, and they ranged from Aversa's breasts being covered up and Tsubasa wearing an ugly outfit instead of a bathing suit to like covering up small portions of skin by adding straps or a little bit of black to cover up overexposed leg. On the one hand, it seems a little excessive and overdone, almost like they have standards that need to be met to be deemed appropriate, but on the other hand it's strange that people can pick up small touches like that and tell they weren't in the original game. Watch some of those censored gaming videos and see how thorough their examinations of alterations can be.

Yeah I've seen the videos.

Some of the changes were very...insignificant to the point I question why they bothered at all.

I do recall seeing someone mention that Treehouse gets paid more the longer it takes to localize a game. Perhaps that could be an explanation.

I thought it was Atlus that made all the localization choices for the game. That's what I've read, anyways.

So basically, how is the combat in Mirage Sessions? Is is something like Nocturne, or what? I don't think I've seen a video of it yet that shows what actual combat is, just shots of the general game world and stuff.

Some of the changes were very...insignificant to the point I question why they bothered at all.

I do recall seeing someone mention that Treehouse gets paid more the longer it takes to localize a game. Perhaps that could be an explanation.

I thought it was Atlus that made all the localization choices for the game. That's what I've read, anyways.

So basically, how is the combat in Mirage Sessions? Is is something like Nocturne, or what? I don't think I've seen a video of it yet that shows what actual combat is, just shots of the general game world and stuff.

It wasn't Atlus. They (or rather John Hardin at Atlus USA) took a bit of a shot at "someone else" telling them to change content in a recent English gameplay video of SMT IV Apocalypse.

Whether said shot was intended for Tokyo Mirage is up to interpretation to be honest, but since that game was right around the corner at the time the Apocalypse video was posted it would be a safe bet.

Edit: Sorry Buru, when i read localization I didn't factor in the script translation. That part was indeed Atlus, but the changes in costumes and other content was Nintendo. I think in a past Nintendo direct they said Atlus was translaing the script to match up with the quality of other Atlus titles.

My bad.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Atlus localized it under Nintendo's supervision I've heard, but Atlus said it was in line with their usual localization.

As for combat, it's actually pretty addictive. I couldn't compare it to Nocturn cause I haven't played it but basically you take your turn, if you land a blow your opponent is weak to (either a physical attack using a weapon that they're weak against or an elemental attack) and if anyone in your party has a session attack skill that matches that element or weapon, that character can launch a follow-up attack and that can set off multiple combos. Then battle just kind of goes from there until you win or lose. Your party members have combat skills, session skills, and passive skills. You also have a meter that builds up when you land a blow your enemy is weak to. Once it's full you can launch a special powerful attack.

Wish I could describe it better but by now there are plenty of videos of people playing that you can watch to get a feel for the combat.

Edited by eal

I'm watching the Giantbomb quicklook of the game now. Are all of the women in this game abnormally blessed? I don't think I've seen a woman so far that doesn't have ridiculously large boobs.

Do you get my boob physics jokes now? The art for Tsubasa in her school uniform actually makes them look like they're sagging. Tiki's tatas are tiny, but then again, she's supposed to be the little sister "oniisan" type.