Sign in to follow this  
paunchberry

DQ8 Pushed To 2017?

At what point was it ever officially stated that they were going to show NX at E3 2015? Nintendo said publicly that they had no plans to discuss the NX during E3. And the NX will be out net March, before E3 2017 even happens.

And why do people expect Square Enix to say anything about any games that are on a Nintendo system? I remember that at last year's E3 too. Everyone was hoping Square Enix would announce VII during their presentation, which followed immediately after Nintendo's. Why would SE announce a game on a Nintendo handheld when Nintendo doesn't, especially when they weren't publishing it? Square Enix would never talk about a game they weren't publishing. I don't think the American branch even touched Dragon Quest VII, right?

SE is talking about it though, they posted on their blog after it was announced in the Direct, they've mentioned it on their Facebook page various times.

It's likely a partnership between the two.

• Upvote 1

Blame it on the sun...

No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI5IA8assfk

LOL, awesome...but, but, I love rain. 

At what point was it ever officially stated that they were going to show NX at E3 2015? Nintendo said publicly that they had no plans to discuss the NX during E3. And the NX will be out net March, before E3 2017 even happens.

And why do people expect Square Enix to say anything about any games that are on a Nintendo system? I remember that at last year's E3 too. Everyone was hoping Square Enix would announce VII during their presentation, which followed immediately after Nintendo's. Why would SE announce a game on a Nintendo handheld when Nintendo doesn't, especially when they weren't publishing it? Square Enix would never talk about a game they weren't publishing. I don't think the American branch even touched Dragon Quest VII, right?

SE is talking about it though, they posted on their blog after it was announced in the Direct, they've mentioned it on their Facebook page various times.

It's likely a partnership between the two.

Don't forget twitter feed posts as well.  I think three in total?

Edited by ignasia7

Should be interesting to see the official release schedule.

I wonder if Target is in the know about DQ7?  Or maybe 7 and 8 will actually see simultaneous releases, or 8 will see release right on the heels of 7?

Edited by ignasia7

Yea we go for how long (other than the mobile releases) with nothing and then boom 3 big releases in 1 or 2 quarters?

Before we know it they'll probably say "oh by the way all those Monsters games and Theatrhythm Dragon Quest are on the way too."

• Upvote 1

Before we know it they'll probably say "oh by the way all those Monsters games and Theatrhythm Dragon Quest are on the way too."

Hope that didn't sound like a complaint, and we can only hope that happens

• Upvote 1

Oh no, I didn't read your post as a complaint.

My post was just an attempt at joking if SE were to sweeten the honey pot even more than they already have.

• Upvote 1

I wonder if Target is in the know about DQ7? Or maybe 7 and 8 will actually see simultaneous releases, or 8 will see release right on the heels of 7?

You'd be surprised. GameStop is constantly accidently leaking games long before they're even announced. Just yesterday a retailer mentioned Steins;Gate 0 in English is coming in August. It's weird how retailers are kept abreast of this stuff so long before it becomes official.

I wonder if Target is in the know about DQ7? Or maybe 7 and 8 will actually see simultaneous releases, or 8 will see release right on the heels of 7?

You'd be surprised. GameStop is constantly accidently leaking games long before they're even announced. Just yesterday a retailer mentioned Steins;Gate 0 in English is coming in August. It's weird how retailers are kept abreast of this stuff so long before it becomes official.

Probably as a just-in-case they change the release date, and maybe a retailer is trying to get their name in the lexicon of gaming language.  Gamestop definitely NEEDS more pre-order counts, since they offer virtually nothing over Amazon now, and have a recent poor history of mishandling pre-orders (like cancellations that get lost in translation, or not enough games ordered to match the pre-order counts...I've been there a few times, go to the release party, was near the back of the line, and they ran out of copies...OOOPS!).

Nevermind Gamestop took a lot of flak after the whole Xenoblade resale debacle, to a point where the company has unofficially stopped the practice, while still denying they ever bought new copies through a middleman so they could sell at "used" ebay prices $30 over the official retail.

I just walked into my local store, and what used to be a small wall of toys, is now almost 20~30% of the store display.  The 3DS systems aren't even displayed where the 3DS is, they couldn't fit a system in the puny space it exists within.  They're in a glass case in a dark corner near the door that one cannot see, as the door opens to block it.   Very sad.

Edited by ignasia7

It's even worse. The Vita section has been totally removed. And they barely sell new games. It's wall-to-wall used games. They have their hands in developer's and publisher's pockets for exclusive pre-order crap to shove into the game. They're very obsessed with exclusivity. Exclusive DLC, exclusive toys and comic variants, and now, apparently, exclusive games.

DQVII:

I wouldn't like for it to be released too soon because right now I am very occupied with my studies and I have heard that this game takes a lot of time to finish.

DQVIII:

What worries me is not if it is delayed, but not getting it at all. I don't have a playstation 2 and my computer can't emulate these kind of games, this is troubling.

Also my parents are going to buy me a New 3DS XL for my birthday (not another "normal" 3DSXl, you know the upgraded 3DSXL).

In the end:

I just want them to be released on holidays.

We already know we're getting Dragon Quest VIII though, so I don't think you have to worry about us not getting it.

DQVIII is guaranteed.  Not a week back SE tweeted out that DQ7 and 8 will see release in 2016.  Nevermind Nintendo reconfirmed DQ7 and 8 four times since the first announcement.  So I'd say we're good.  DQVII, the 3DS version, can be taken slowly as it's designed for gamers who need to put the title down for awhile due to work/family/friends/life.

Edited by ignasia7

Dragon Quest fans are a jittery bunch apparently, in constant need of verification that yes, indeed, the game is coming.

Dragon Quest fans are a jittery bunch apparently, in constant need of verification that yes, indeed, the game is coming.

I blame HeartBeat.

I blame them for a lot of things, including DQ VI.

• Upvote 2

I blame them for a lot of things, including DQ VI.

+100