Sign in to follow this  
paunchberry

DQ8 Pushed To 2017?

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/723602302737723392

This recent tweet from NoA shows that while DQ7 is still coming out here, albeit losing its "Summer" release date, DQ8 is nowhere to be found. Should we hold out hope that it'll be released this year as originally stated, or have the last Direct and this tweet cemented that Nintendo wants to give DQ8 some breathing room next year?

CgrAcSLWgAQr7oB.jpg

As much as I'd love more DQ over here, with how massive 7 is I think I could bide my time and return to 8 after I finish this remake.

• Upvote 1

I'm fine with 8 being delayed if we're getting it at all. Like you said, gives me time to go through everything.

• Upvote 1

Ehh, I just want them to get it out the door. I mean how hard is it to translate something that has already been translated before?

Ehh, I just want them to get it out the door. I mean how hard is it to translate something that has already been translated before?

The localization process ain't from scratch, but they still need to hack the ROM and play test it.

I'm fine with it being pushed back. I already have enough RPGs to keep me occupied for a while, so I'm good waiting a little longer.

• Upvote 1

Ah, well. I waited three years for VII, I can wait until next year for VIII. :P

You know, even after 6 months, it still feels surreal to see them saying "Dragon Quest VII coming to 3DS in 2016!"

This delay would be good for me. That way I can take more time on my DQ VII piece and have it at the conventions I'll be at later in the summer rather than next month!

• Upvote 2

Hmmm... This changes things for the guess when it's coming poll!

If it's the case that it actually is delayed, will we get the chance to re-cast our votes?

If it's the case that it actually is delayed, will we get the chance to re-cast our votes?
Nope. There was an option for it not coming in 2016. I mean, who didn't see that happening?

It's not coming.

This year.

I don't mind there are a lot of games I want to play this year so I'll be pretty occupied till it comes out.

Nope. There was an option for it not coming in 2016. I mean, who didn't see that happening?

It's not coming.

This year.

Okie dokie Mr. Contest man.

Dragon Quest VII is too long for such a short span between releases. I'm glad we're getting it later, but I'd like to get VIII first. There are plenty of RPGs coming out. Japan will certainly be getting enough of my money this year.

• Upvote 1

I don't mind a delay as long as it's still coming.

And as long as it doesn't coincide with another game's release that might overshadow it.

Makes sense, but not only because having two DQ games in short time would be a bit overwhelming but because they might not want it to compete with Pokémon and FF15.

That made me think of something wjat if they include a polemon sun amd moon demo in DQVII

it helped the sales of DQVIII back in the day and it even worked for Type-0 last year.

Couldn't that cannibalize Dragon Quest Monsters?

And I can't think of a handheld game that has ever included a game demo with it. And typically when they do, it's to promote the company's next game. The demo that went with VIII was for another Square Enix game. The demo that went with Type-0 was another Final Fantasy game. Wolfenstein, a Bethesda game, included a DOOM beta or something, also a Bethesda game.

I figured Square could make a deal with Nintendo I mean Cloud got in smash so at this point I think anything's possible.

I'm fine with DQVIII being delayed.  If both games came out too close to one another then we wouldn't be able to fully appreciate VII.  What I'm not okay with is unnecessary delays, or lack of communication.  If we knew exactly why there were delays it wouldn't be as bad, like "sorry, folks, it's a lot of text to translate, but we're working tirelessly..." or something like that.  Instead we're left to wonder whether or not the delays to solidify a release date will be permanent.

Getting a DQ character in a Smash game would require Japan to sign off on it.  From what I understand they're very conservative when it comes to licensing DQ (which isn't much of a surprise seeing how few DQ games we see in the west.)

Edited by Liamland

Perhaps the release date is unchanged then.

If VII got delayed to Fall and VIII is out on the Winter...I feel like that's too little of a gap in between.

Well with the delay of another game :( that I was excited for guess this will fill the gap.