Sign in to follow this  
Algrado

Dragon Quest V Character in plot question

Hello, I only had a small amount of time to play this game, and am wondering what happens now.

Here is my question.

At a point in the game you and Harry are both "slaves" and there is a slave named Maria who you all escape with because of her brother who is a soldier.  

What happens to her brother? That is my question.  I don't remember if he lives and reunites with his sister in the town where she got married or if he ended up dying(which would be really sad).  I just know that you find out towards the end of the game when you can revisit the area.

Pretty sure he was killed at some point after the 3 escape.

Yeah, I beat the game in January or February (can't remember; point is it was recently ;) ), so I remember exactly. When you go into the dungeon below the fully built building that they had the slaves working on, you can find a corpse with a note to Maria from her brother on it; in other words, it's his corpse.

Edited by gooieooie

Do you know what point in the game you get to return? I'm in the middle of a playthrough, just began g3 and am very overleveled due to spending a lot of time trying to recruit a metal slime, so I can probably check.

It's towards the end of G3, Slime. You'll head there after gaining access to flight and before you head off to Nadiria.

Oh yeah... isn't that where you save your wife?

Yup, exactly.

Yeah, I beat the game in January or February (can't remember; point is it was recently ;) ), so I remember exactly. When you go into the dungeon below the fully built building that they had the slaves working on, you can find a corpse with a note to Maria from her brother on it; in other words, it's his corpse.

Dang that's sad. Do you recall what was on the note? Are you supposed to read it with Maria there? Hmm..I wonder if I did anything special like that on my first playthrough 7 yrs ago.

Maria won't be in your party by the time you go back. She'll be off with Harry living the life of Queen.