Liam

DQIV (kind of user friendly) Script

I've been writing out the script that's used in Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen, for iOS (and Android). You can check it out here.

When I've written a decent amount and organized the file properly, I'll make a GitHub repository for it so that people can help out with it whenever they want.

I'm not going to be looking at A) anybody else's scripts or B) any dumped scripts because it gets rid of the feel of "this person walked through the entire world many times (even causing the same events over and over)".

Eventually any contributions will need to be checked by me (or anybody else I really trust) manually.

Hope you enjoy reading what I've got so far! There are already some pretty funny things that have been said in party chat.

• Upvote 1

Nice.

There's a Notable Quoteables daily feed on The Den that's full of humorous party chat comments and other quotes.  If you find any unique funny ones you can submit them to Woodus or King Zenith and they'll rotate in with the others:

Current list:

http://www.woodus.com/den/resources/notable_quotables.php

Nice.

There's a Notable Quoteables daily feed on The Den that's full of humorous party chat comments and other quotes.  If you find any unique funny ones you can submit them to Woodus or King Zenith and they'll rotate in with the others:

Current list:

http://www.woodus.com/den/resources/notable_quotables.php

That's great! :) I did see that page. Dragon Quest really is quite hilarious.

Just got a little backstory of Torneko in Bath.. Talk to the old man who's in the bath at daytime. He'll say this:

Ah, I feel ten years younger! It was my son that brought me here. I'm a lucky fellow to have such a caring lad to look after me.

Then use party chat with Torneko in your party. He'll say this:

Me poor ma an' da, Goddess love 'em, passed away when I was just a wee chiseller... Sure, it would've been grand to have given them a comfortable life, so it would. But it wasn't to be...

Poor Torneko didn't have his parents to grow up with..

The Dragon Quest wiki (i.e. http://dragon-quest.org/) could use some updating with this kind of character information.

EDIT: The same party chat response will happen if you talk to the person with the farm man skin in the upstairs of the big inn.

Edited by Liam

Necropost on my own thread - FYI the updated URL is this, since I changed my GitHub username a while ago.

(I haven't had a device with the game on it since not long after I started, so I haven't really had the chance to work on this much more since I started.)

(Also 4/13 post date, N1C3.)

• Like 1