Sign in to follow this  
Chronosaurus

Does Dragon Quest Monster Joker 3 ruin dragon quest?

Because when Ninetndo tried doing DLC for Mario Kart and Smash, everyone complained....than bought it anyway

There is nothing hardcore about DQMJ2 pro. It's the equivalent of pokemon's "third version" if it had more pokemon, more moves, and better balance. They were either lazy or wanted to cash in twice by releasing the pro version after joker 2's success.

Japan just does that. They do it with Pokemon, they do it with Monster Hunter, they do it with everything. I don't understand why Japs like to pay for so many "1.5 versions", but I guess its just their consumer culture. Though here in the West we do $#!& out Madden and Calla Doody quite a bit, and people still eat it up...

Yall ever noticed the MULTIPLE Tales of upgrades and remakes. Yeah, they do that a lot over there.

I honestly don't see how.

Frankly, I am cool with a "Dragon Quest in the Future" setup, because it's not like things got too advanced in the Joker series before 3 compared to the rest of the franchise.

• Upvote 1

I personaly Like the joker  games iv played 1 and 2 and would love to play 3 personaly and from the sounds of the setting  sounds pretty darn good. and sorry my Spelling isnt the best sadly.

• Upvote 2

Having played Joker 3 (not to completion yet, mind you), I enjoy it. Honestly, I'm OK with a Dragon Quest game set in the future. In fact, ever since I was a kid exploring the Falrod (now Faraday/Frobisher) region, I have wanted a futuristic Dragon Quest game, and J3 seems to fit the bill nicely. I don't want it to become the norm, but I'm not one to shy away from the idea either.

What's especially surprising for me, it's how much I actually like Joker 3, considering the Monsters games were never really my cup of tea.

• Upvote 1

Isn't the Joker series meant to be more modernized? Plus, I like how it's more modernized and it also still has kings, queens and some of the usual Dragon Quest charm.

• Upvote 1

Isn't the Joker series meant to be more modernized? Plus, I like how it's more modernized and it also still has kings, queens and some of the usual Dragon Quest charm.

Yes. It's a nice blend. Something different, but that's what these side games are supposed to do, right?

Yes. It's a nice blend. Something different, but that's what these side games are supposed to do, right?

They could have done a better job. The world and specialized NPCs look modern but the copy-paste NPCs from older games stick out way to much.

Having played Joker 3 (not to completion yet, mind you), I enjoy it. Honestly, I'm OK with a Dragon Quest game set in the future. In fact, ever since I was a kid exploring the Falrod (now Faraday/Frobisher) region, I have wanted a futuristic Dragon Quest game, and J3 seems to fit the bill nicely. I don't want it to become the norm, but I'm not one to shy away from the idea either.

What's especially surprising for me, it's how much I actually like Joker 3, considering the Monsters games were never really my cup of tea.

I feel in a similar way,but in my case i love the DQ's monsters desings but i can't get into the monster games,i don't know they seem a bit clunky and flat,,,

Is Joker 3 better than Joker 2 and Joker 1?

I feel in a similar way,but in my case i love the DQ's monsters desings but i can't get into the monster games,i don't know they seem a bit clunky and flat,,,

Is Joker 3 better than Joker 2 and Joker 1?

Really they feel flat to  you? i don´t feel like they do but i enjoy all DQ games.

What bugged me most about the Joker games wasn't the setting, which is interesting enough, but the lack of continuity. Joker 2 was a perfectly fun game, but it constantly bugged me that it had nothing in the slightest to do with Joker beyond a few nods to existing in the same world (and wasting Solitaire almost entirely). Of course, now that Joker 3 is out, I would love to know if our new Spiky White Hair is the same as our old Spiky White Hair.

Joker 3 definitely didn't ruin the series. i imported it and played through it and i must say, it was a fun game, But it had one major problem...

Joker 3 has the worst bestiary i've ever seen in my life... The amount of monsters that are just taken from 10 or pointless recolors is insane.

Here, This video has almost every monster from the professional version, Try to count the recolors or the monsters that were featured in 10, Remember that this is the professional version,But while it did add in new monsters, it added to the problem by: You guessed it MOOOOOORE RECOOOOLOOOOOORS!

Wait, you got the game? Despite the lack of a lengthy Bestiary, which I admit is sad, it has a beefed up Rigor Mortex, which makes me want the game (Plz come to America, I pray to Jove). I am wondering, because it could be possible, is there a video with the bestiary of all monsters including the flavor text and descriptions?

Nope, this is sadly the only video i can find of the bestiary, i'd document the bestiary details myself, but i can't read/translate japanese well, nor do i have the time to obtain every monster sadly...

While i did enjoy J3, i ended up importing and playing the 3DS remake of Monsters 2 and it was then (and me replacing J2) that i realized just how bad J3's bestiary really was...

Nope, this is sadly the only video i can find of the bestiary, i'd document the bestiary details myself, but i can't read/translate japanese well, nor do i have the time to obtain every monster sadly...

While i did enjoy J3, i ended up importing and playing the 3DS remake of Monsters 2 and it was then (and me replacing J2) that i realized just how bad J3's bestiary really was...

Dragon Quest Monsters 2 (Both the GBC and 3DS) versions have always been the "definitive" monsters games that are basically the best monster-collecting game out there, its kind of an unfair comparison, even if Joker 3 should be more advanced.