Sign in to follow this  
Megalosaro

Mother Effing Romancing SaGa 2 is getting a Mother Effing English Rele

On 11/30/2017 at 7:02 AM, Sumez said:

Hahahaha, right. As if Square Enix would ever let us have something this nice.
Might as well pack it in with Live-A-Live.

I can get behind that!

Anyways, saw some screenshots of this remake... THIS is how FF5 and 6's remasters should have looked.

5 minutes ago, Fates said:

Anyways, saw some screenshots of this remake... THIS is how FF5 and 6's remasters should have looked.

Amen to that, brother.

By remasters, are you talking about the mobile versions?
I thought the GBA versions looked great. No reason to make anything worse for mobile.

Honestly I'm glad the SaGa games are the ones to get a solid graphical overhaul though, since it would suck if the only available English versions looked that horrible. We still got perfectly solid versions of the FF games out there. I don't really care about mobile games anyway :3

Played it on mobile. Patience is key when it comes to this game. That and autosaves.

...How did I not see or know about this?  I thought everyone here knew I liked SaGa games...damnit guys, why didn't someone personally pm me?

I would still prefer proper remakes, but this is still pretty cool.  Now I just have to tack on a Vita as a game system to buy.  Though there are plenty of other Vita games I want.  I don't know how well my smartphone would play it, as the best it can handle without being sluggish is DQ3.

49 minutes ago, ignasia said:

...How did I not see or know about this?  I thought everyone here knew I liked SaGa games...damnit guys, why didn't someone personally pm me?

I would still prefer proper remakes, but this is still pretty cool.  Now I just have to tack on a Vita as a game system to buy.  Though there are plenty of other Vita games I want.  I don't know how well my smartphone would play it, as the best it can handle without being sluggish is DQ3.

Yangus and I have really loved our Vitas this year. I just got Suikoden 1 & 2 for it today. Got like 8 games in waiting for that console alone! 

30 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Yangus and I have really loved our Vitas this year. 

This is true. Mine has become an indie and PS1 classic machine. It's also great for remote playing the PS4.

Romancing SaGa 2 ended out coming out for everything though, not just Vita. And just a couple of days ago, too.

It's 24.99!?

Youch. I spent a lot of money on Xmas shopping so that's a bit harsh for a digital title for me... I'll think about next pay period.

I should really pick up a Vita at some point, but I can't really justify the money when I already have so many unfinished games lying around. :ws-slimedead:

9 hours ago, Fates said:

It's 24.99!?

Youch. I spent a lot of money on Xmas shopping so that's a bit harsh for a digital title for me... I'll think about next pay period.

#$*!, for that price I could buy several games that are in the Holiday sale going on for the PSN.

$24.99 is a high asking price. I feel the same about I am Setsuna which is usually at $39.99. Guess like with IaS, I'll be waiting for a sale on Romancing Saga 2 before I consider buying it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

#$*!, for that price I could buy several games that are in the Holiday sale going on for the PSN.

$24.99 is a high asking price. I feel the same about I am Setsuna which is usually at $39.99. Guess like with IaS, I'll be waiting for a sale on Romancing Saga 2 before I consider buying it.

I bought Setsuna for $40 when it came out, simply because I wanted to support Tokyo RPG factory. It was unfortunately nowhere near being worth $40, even if it was one of the most beautiful games I've ever played.

I'm a total sucker for snow areas in my RPGs, though.

10 minutes ago, BorisTheWizard said:

I bought Setsuna for $40 when it came out, simply because I wanted to support Tokyo RPG factory. It was unfortunately nowhere near being worth $40, even if it was one of the most beautiful games I've ever played.

I'm a total sucker for snow areas in my RPGs, though.

I really liked the snow environments and the soundtrack of that game. I just heard enough that, in my mind, it was better to wait for a sale. Luckily got it at $22, which felt fair. I enjoyed the game, but I'm glad I waited for a sale.

I liked Setsuna enough to where I preordered a physical copy of Lost Sphear from the SE Store for like $50.

The demo was fun, and environments and soundtrack had more variety.

Anyways, got Romancing SaGa 2 on Switch, it seemed like a nice fit for both the portable and home console aspect.

And it was(is?) $19.99 for a period. Until the New Year maybe?

Super deep into this game. It's crazy how it's equally super intriguing and also super infuriating and tedious. Having to outfit a new team every time you pick a new emperor is a lot of annoying work, which detracts from the fact that doing so should be the main attraction of the game.

But I absolutely love the world design and the way exploration works. You can instantly travel to any region that your empire currently covers, but travelling outside of that requires moving into dangerous territory where survival is completely tied to finding an inn to rest somewhere. And unless you can reach an area through any of the treacherous "field" areas you need to talk to NPCs everywhere to discover new locations that can be traveled to. It's really a brilliant system that I wish more games had, and if you're a fan of the classic Dragon Quest structure of having a big world where every area has its own little story, then this game will be right up your alley.

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1

I suddenly seem to find myself near the end of the game I think. I took down a few of the major bosses in succession, and all of a sudden no more scenarios seem to pop up in existing areas, and places I thought I'd yet to explore turned out to not have much to come for. I'm not sure if there are even any new regions for me to conquer.

Man, I immediately feel sad. Of course it had to happen at some point, but this is really the kind of game I wish could just go on forever. I'm not even done here, and I already hunger for RS3. I'm gonna buy that physical release though.