DQ6 Motivation Playthrough

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I defeated Murdaw in his underkeep, but it ended up being Somnus. Got the Hero and Carver up to level 17, Milly's at 15 and Ashlynn is sitting at level 11 now. The fight wasn't too hard except when

You got this Bururian!

Wait, when did I say I didn't like DQ6? I've always liked 6, I'm just not a fan of hunting down the legendary equipment. Or rather, finding certain pieces because I can never remember where all of the

xqqfex1.jpg

Is the end in sight at last?

• 6 months later...

I jumped back into DQ 6 on my iPad/iPhone to give it another whirl and to finally do all the post-game content that I never did since beating the game in 2015.  It's still my least-favorite Dragon Quest outside the first two installments but it's still a bunch of fun.  It just gets confusing between the real world and the dream world and remembering which version you need to go to lol.

I can see why most people seem to think it's the worst of the DS games.  I'd agree with that feeling.  The hardest part is not saying "eh screw it" and go back and replay DQ 4 or 5 instead.

• Like 1

We need to talk about how this topic was created because Bururian needed motivation to finish VI, and he never told us if he finished it. Wonder what that could mean...

I just beat Nokturnus and got the special fight scene.  It was pretty funny lol. 

The remake is a really good game but I feel I need to beat the original version sometime.  A lot of people seem to think the original is better, which is surprisingly because every other remake has been noticeably better than the original. 

I’m going to start playing DQ 7 3DS when my 2DS XL comes in on Tuesday.  I’ve been without a 3DS for almost a year now so DQ 7 just kinda sat there while I waited for an iOS release.  Tired of waiting lol. 

• Like 1
On 6/2/2018 at 10:17 PM, Bob_the_Almighty said:

A lot of people seem to think the original is better, which is surprisingly because every other remake has been noticeably better than the original.

I’d like to play the original at some point. The fact it’s more challenging than most DQ games has me interested for one, and I’m also interested in trying out as many different versions of DQ games as I can. At some point I’ll get to it.

Anyway, I assume Bururian may not be back for awhile. Hopefully if he does come back soon he’ll fill us in. Either that or we’ll find out he got stuck in the Dream World cause of Muduo/Murdaw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I popped in this game this weekend after about 6 years from my initial playthrough. I was surprised to see my finished save file being around 55 hours. It felt much longer. When I was playing it then, I was transitioning from high school to college, so my priorities were all over the place.

Playing it for a little while again, it's good, like any Dragon Quest game. The problem is that working with two nearly identical worlds is confusing, and the game tends to leave you without any clues on how to progress. The fact that this game and VII have a fortune-teller to give you hints is telling on these games lack of direction.

• 4 weeks later...
I haven't touched it since I last posted. Who knows, maybe by the 3 year anniversary of me starting this game I'll finish it.
I kept thinking by my 3rd time playing it, I'd like it. Didn't happen. Don't count on 3s.
Just now, Plattym3 said:
On 11/19/2018 at 5:47 PM, Bururian said:
I haven't touched it since I last posted. Who knows, maybe by the 3 year anniversary of me starting this game I'll finish it.

I kept thinking by my 3rd time playing it, I'd like it. Didn't happen. Don't count on 3s.

I just want to feel the motivation to finish it once. Literally on the final boss. I went back to it a few years ago and had basically forgotten how to leave the Dread Realm. For whatever reason, going in and out of there is a chore and it killed all motivation almost instantly.

• Like 1
I just want to feel the motivation to finish it once. Literally on the final boss. I went back to it a few years ago and had basically forgotten how to leave the Dread Realm. For whatever reason, going in and out of there is a chore and it killed all motivation almost instantly.
eal is a 3-letter name. See!
2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
3 minutes ago, eal said:

eal is a 3-letter name. See!

Half-Life 3 confirmed!

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...

The Pegasus has been restored. My party has made it to the Dread Realm.

Peggy Sue -> Pegasus.
I want to drag someone behind the shed over that pun.

Party average is around lv40. I've been using @ignasia's guide on Gamefaqs, which has been very helpful.

The Hero almost has the Hero class mastered, too which will be helpful in the coming battles.

3 minutes ago, Bururian said:

The Pegasus has been restored. My party has made it to the Dread Realm.

Peggy Sue -> Pegasus.
I want to drag someone behind the shed over that pun.

Party average is around lv40. I've been using @ignasia's guide on Gamefaqs, which has been very helpful.

The Hero almost has the Hero class mastered, too which will be helpful in the coming battles.

Awesome :)  Sorry the actual walkthrough isn't finished.  One day.

Aye, Hero class is pretty boss in 6.

Yeah, the puns are pretty audacious.  I'm glad 6 isn't as over the top as 9.

On 8/22/2019 at 1:20 PM, Bururian said:

Hey man, as long as you can tell me what the vocation cap is, level reqs to be in the area, and where all the seeds are, I'm fat and happy with it.

Well, if you end up needing a walkthrough, I just completed mine.  It beats Nokturnus with everyone at LVL 31-35 (except Lizzie), for an idea of how fast and efficient it is.

20 minutes ago, FionordeQuester said:

Well, if you end up needing a walkthrough, I just completed mine.  It beats Nokturnus with everyone at LVL 31-35 (except Lizzie), for an idea of how fast and efficient it is.

Is your faq under the same name you use here?