DQ6 Motivation Playthrough

Sorry Buru, I didn't mean to totally derail your topic.  So where are you at now?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I defeated Murdaw in his underkeep, but it ended up being Somnus. Got the Hero and Carver up to level 17, Milly's at 15 and Ashlynn is sitting at level 11 now. The fight wasn't too hard except when

You got this Bururian!

Wait, when did I say I didn't like DQ6? I've always liked 6, I'm just not a fan of hunting down the legendary equipment. Or rather, finding certain pieces because I can never remember where all of the

I lost a little bit of progress last night when I fell asleep while playing, and my 3DS died. I had to do the Amos scenario over again, so I went and retrieved the seeds of reason and fixed Amos and recruited him again. Then I went to All Trades Abbey and gave the party jobs.

I decided to make my Hero a Warrior since I want to advance him to Gladiator eventually. I really like that class. I made Carver a Martial Artist, Amos a Warrior and Nevan a Priest. I've gained all of them at least 2 levels in their vocations now. I'm still wandering about trying to figure out where to go next. I'm sure it's right in front of me and I'm just missing it. I can't really leave the bit of the sea that is in the middle of the center of the map. I need to figure out how to get that blocked door to the sea open, so I gotta figure out that path. 

Ahh, there it was. The Isle of Smiles. Beat that little scenario.I own a mobile island now. The Boss Jamirus. He's from this game. I remember always having a problem with him when I played through Dragon Warrior Monsters when I was younger. 

• Upvote 1

How's your progress going?

I've made it to a town that's right next to a castle, I think I've found the next scenario. Something to do with helping a price "Howard the Coward".

I've also found some information about the Zenithian armor..I think.

Good, that means you'll start to find the slimes more and more.

Some of my favorite dungeons are around the point you've reached, especially an upcoming mountain climb.

The only part of finding the legendary equipment that I absolutely hated was the shield, but other than that I didn't think it was that hard I mean you basically get the first one for free and the armor wasn't really that hard also the sword is the last one no matter what and I enjoyed the sidequest for getting that one.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't touched the game since April 13th, but I suppose when I can get back around to playing it, I will. I've just not had the motivation to play lately after my move.

Saving the world(s) can be a draining experience, so it's understandable.

I haven't touched the game since April 13th, but I suppose when I can get back around to playing it, I will. I've just not had the motivation to play lately after my move.

Leave it. Let it die. It's a fine death.
  • 1 month later...

The motivation still has not returned. I tried last night, and I just didn't have the energy to keep it going. I played mostly through Dragon Quest 2 on my phone though, if that says anything.

Here my hopes you were returning the game.

We need to get you a motivational montage.

I'm going to try again with the game tonight. I'm getting lost with what to do next since there is no real path on where to go next, where I'm at in the story. I should probably look at a faq, but I generally hate doing that upon playing the game for the first time.

But hey, I used my NES maps to help navigate the mobile version of DQ2.

• 1 year later...

RIP, over a year and 4 months later I finally get back to the game.

I've got a bunch of inspiration songs to keep playing if you need them! You can beat it, Bururian! Show the game who's boss!

I envy you Bururian. Not everyone possesses the willpower to play VI, let alone attempt to beat it. The last scenario I finished was the Isle of Smiles, after that I got lost  and IX caught my attention.