DQ6 Motivation Playthrough

Yeah I had so much trouble with Murdaw's 2nd form too. I actually lost so many times that I ran out of gold to revive my party members with. It was sad....

That happened to me this last time. I had enough to revive Nevan and had to Zing Carver and Milly. Gonna grind some more for money and a couple more levels. Then I'll try again..

Have you tried putting Carver at the end of the party to draw (single hitting) attacks away from him?

Honestly I don't know what else to tell you. Every time I've played VI I've gotten past Muduo first try.

The party layout is Hero, Carver, Milly, Nevan. Nevan takes so much damage, even with Kabuff that I have to keep him at the end just so he won't die.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I defeated Murdaw in his underkeep, but it ended up being Somnus. Got the Hero and Carver up to level 17, Milly's at 15 and Ashlynn is sitting at level 11 now. The fight wasn't too hard except when

You got this Bururian!

Wait, when did I say I didn't like DQ6? I've always liked 6, I'm just not a fan of hunting down the legendary equipment. Or rather, finding certain pieces because I can never remember where all of the

Yeah, just grind through it. I'm usually really good at coming up with strategies in DQ games to get through things without having to grind, but Murdaw is the point where that failed me the most. I even resorted to looking up some strategies for it and none of them remotely worked. I wish I could remember what I ended up doing because it was something really weird that I didn't even think would work.

I have looked up a couple of strategies as well, but they only work is Murdaw isn't being a total jerk about his attack pattern. I've just been super unlucky with him doing double party attacks each round. Maybe third time is a charm and I'll get a good roll on the RNG and he'll just regularly attack and I can get some good damage in.

I have looked up a couple of strategies as well, but they only work is Murdaw isn't being a total jerk about his attack pattern. I've just been super unlucky with him doing double party attacks each round. Maybe third time is a charm and I'll get a good roll on the RNG and he'll just regularly attack and I can get some good damage in.

Exactly, that's what happened with me except I don't think I ever really got lucky with RNG, I figured some crazy backwards way around it that I can't even remember.

On the bright side, once you get past this you'll have access to Alltrades Abby, which means actual party customization and thus you will have real options in these kind of situations.

Edited by SlimeVagrant

Exactly, that's what happened with me except I don't think I ever really got lucky with RNG, I figured some crazy backwards way around it that I can't even remember.

On the bright side, once you get past this you'll have access to Alltrades Abby, which means actual party customization and thus you will have real options in these kind of situations.

This is true, but if you want to make the most of job class grinding (if you care about that at all) you should look up level caps in areas.

This is true, but if you want to make the most of job class grinding (if you care about that at all) you should look up level caps in areas.

Yeah that might be an issue if you're playing the DS version. I never had to worry about it too much since I played through the mobile version.

I think the level cap was raised for the most part in the DS version, but there are still caps in most areas. I did all my job class grinding and on the ocean outside of the Slime arena. Easy battles for quick leveling for the Nokturnus fight.

I am indeed playing the DS version since this is the sub forum for it. I was looking up the level stuff for the characters just so I know how much I need per level since I don't have access to Divination in the field :P

Once I get to the Abbey, I'm gonna see all what I can do. I'm gonna custom the heck out of my characters.

Have you tried using the Fire Claw?  It casts frizzle for free and is a great way to make the Murdaw battle much easier.

Have you tried using the Fire Claw? It casts frizzle for free and is a great way to make the Murdaw battle much easier.

This. I totally forgot about the claw.

The claw would be good to equip to Carver or have Milly use it as an item for Frizzle.

You got this Bururian!

ob07F.jpg

• Upvote 1

Have you tried using the Fire Claw?  It casts frizzle for free and is a great way to make the Murdaw battle much easier.

I don't have this in my inventory. I'm guessing it's in Murdaw's Keep somewhere.

Yeah I think it's on an alternate path just before Murdaw IIRC. I still didn't have great luck even with it, but it will definitely help.

DQVI: The Realms of $#!& YOU!

Was third time the charm after all?

Thanks Zenith and everyone else about the Fire Claw. I didn't even find the other areas of the castle because I wasn't looking. I looked up one last strategy to help me out and after the fact I saw that it was Ignasia that posted it on Gamefaqs some 5 years ago, so thanks, Ignasia. :P

Was third time the charm after all?

Third time was indeed the charm. He Dazzled a LOT this time, though.

Have you tried putting Carver at the end of the party to draw (single hitting) attacks away from him?

Honestly I don't know what else to tell you. Every time I've played VI I've gotten past Muduo first try.

Have you just tried quitting? It's totally worth it.

Sorry I wasn't around to restate the strat, but good you were able to find it.

If you want any pointers on what classes to start with, the end of my FAQ has a list of what I consider the best possible paths, though frankly it doesn't matter.

One strat, used by nfrazee, and I have to admit, it's quite solid, is to make everyone you wish to remain in the active party learn Luminary.  From there, do whatever you want.

That said, I do recommend a bit of mix and match, just because I find it more enjoyable to have a plethora of options.

cheat.007

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/942424-dragon-quest-vi-realms-of-revelation/faqs/61854

Though frankly, for the sake of brevity, I highly recommend going Luminary for the Hero first, just for the quicker access to Hero, the class.

Edited by ignasia7

Buurian

Remember, Mortamor does not simply want to "plunge the world in darkness" he literatelly wants to fuse the universes with his, do you want your dreams and normal life to be tortured and toyed with by a mad god for all eternity? That is what you get if you do not beat him!

Edited by Shun 'Kanamee

Something to point out Buru if you haven't reached this point: once you gain access to the boat again in the Real World, sail it Northwest of Ghent and you'll find a small town where everyone talks about a local hero named Amos. He's a recruitable party member once you help him deal with his problem.

Word of warning with helping him: the game will prompt you with the option whether to Amos about his "problem," but you absolutely CAN NOT tell him. Otherwise you will no longer have the option to recruit him.

I'll keep that in mind, Yangus.

I was puttering around on the Real World map, Wandered to Arkbolt. Did the dungeon that follows. Watched that awesome scene of Terry taking down the Hackasaurus, and Terry wandered off. Went through the cave and took the staircase back to the dream world. Kinda wandering about now.