Shin Megami Tensei Discussion Thread

Due to licensing problems, P5 is English only. No Japanese audio. However, they're considering releasing it as DLC in the future if possible. 

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guess I get to revive this topic again, because guess what?! Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD will be releasing here in the west on May 25th! The game will have all the patches Japan has gotten, it will

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/11/atlus_confirms_that_shin_megami_tensei_v_is_heading_to_the_west_on_nintendo_switch A little while ago there was the exciting announcement in Japan that Sh

“Maybe somewhere out there even a devil may cry when he loses a loved one” is my favorite example of “they said the title.”

Here's the latest trailer for Apocalypse. I think the voice volume was screwed up or something because it's a little hard to hear what Flynn is saying at the end of the trailer.

Also, they replaced his voice with Mr. Silverstein. Zen won't stop following me.

The original IV is on sale for like $13 right now on the eshop.

It's as good a time as any then to play IV to prepare yourself for Apocalypse then. Better yet if you can get the Neutral route going in IV, because Apocalypse starts right as the Neutral route is locked in after the whole white void experience.

• Upvote 1

It's as good a time as any then to play IV to prepare yourself for Apocalypse then. Better yet if you can get the Neutral route going in IV, because Apocalypse starts right as the Neutral route is locked in after the whole white void experience.

It's probably a miracle I managed to get the neutral ending on my first playthrough. I made only minimal use of a guide, and mostly just kept flip-flopping between Law and Chaos answers.

It's probably a miracle I managed to get the neutral ending on my first playthrough. I made only minimal use of a guide, and mostly just kept flip-flopping between Law and Chaos answers.

Same here. Ended up getting Law ending at first, but I reloaded my save just before you're locked in to a route, changed my answer to the White, and found myself on the Neutral route instead.

Way to go, Atlus. Releasing a subbed P5 trailer that fans had already done weeks ago. I was hoping for a look at the English actors, but apparently all they've shown is the voice of Morgana.

• Upvote 1

Here's a new gameplay video for the English release of SMTIV: Apocalypse with John Hardin from Atlus.

They are supposed to give a release date this week too.

Damn them!

They are supposed to give a release date this week too.

Damn them!

Hopefully tomorrow or later today will give us an answer.

I find it funny John brought up "that scene" and that nothing was changed at someone else's request. I wonder what game they could possibly be talking about?

The world may never know.

Yeah, I'm hoping to hear something by tomorrow, I gotta plan out my budget for the mass attack of games coming later this year.

Yeah, I'm hoping to hear something by tomorrow, I gotta plan out my budget for the mass attack of games coming later this year.

Me too. If we do hear the release date I'll put the game on pre-order, otherwise I'm going to pick up Rhythm Heaven Fever.

I love how the game just glances over characters dying. Just lines of "X died," and that's it in that opening.

They shoulda went with this:

They shoulda went with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

It's perfect.

Make a special edition and call it the "Everyone Dies" edition.

SMTIV announcement of a release date moved to next week.

https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/746356444828598274

Damn it, John!

Have some more English gameplay of Apocalypse.

Yet again..

the game isn't coming out! >>

<<

https://twitter.com/JohnLHardin/status/748186272984768512

I wonder why they keep having to hold off on releasing the date. Figured for sure they would have said it at E3, but nothing came of that.

Here's a new gameplay video for the English release of SMTIV: Apocalypse with John Hardin from Atlus.

I laughed so much at how he accidentally spoiled the plot twist concerning the main character and the previous game in the first few minutes. :D

Edited by felixrush

The death of the main character in Apocalypse happens pretty early in the game, so that's not much of a surprise. Hell they promote that Nanashi becomes a God Slayer thanks to Dagda.

As for SMT4 spoilers, Apocalypse recaps the events of 4 right at the beginning of the game in a news report Nanashi watches. Yeah it still reveals info about IV, but if players haven't played IV they'd be confused on a few things.

Bravely Second did the exact same thing: complete recap of the first game as soon as you begin so players who didn't play Default know what's going on.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

The death of the main character in Apocalypse happens pretty early in the game, so that's not much of a surprise. Hell they promote that Nanashi becomes a God Slayer thanks to Dagda.

As for SMT4 spoilers, Apocalypse recaps the events of 4 right at the beginning of the game in a news report Nanashi watches. Yeah it still reveals info about IV, but if players haven't played IV they'd be confused on a few things.

Bravely Second did the exact same thing: complete recap of the first game as soon as you begin so players who didn't play Default know what's going on.

Brah, re-watch that cut scene.

Spoilers for SMT4 Original and the Apocalypse video:

In the MC's dream, they explicitly call him "Akira", Akira was the mysterious man who was trying to protect humanity in the two alternate universes in which The Past Self was murdered before he could save Tokyo from utter annihilation. In the Law World, the angels won because he died from poison, in the Chaos world, Kenji took over and became a crazed demon. In both worlds, Akira took charge to build a better, more utopian, world after you cleared up their problems.

In your world, The Past Self sacrificed himself and "Aquila" made a pact with the angels. Aquila was Akira of your world with a bastardized name. Judging from being known as God Killer, he's either an AU version of Aleph or Demi-fiend much like Flynn is the AU version of SMT1 Hero. Nanashi is Akira according to that gameplay video. Which means he'll either become the next Messiah or the SMT version of the Anti-Christ like Demi-fiend was. 

For more:

https://byjarinjove.wordpress.com/2015/01/13/a-thematic-analysis-of-shin-megami-tensei-iv/

https://byjarinjove.wordpress.com/2015/01/12/a-thematic-analysis-of-shin-megami-tensei-nocturne/

Edited by felixrush

Ok.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit