Shin Megami Tensei Discussion Thread

41 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Video games are like pizza toppings, they're not all out there for everyone to eat. You find the toppings you like and build your play sessions to suit your tastes. I don't like anchovies, but you won't see me harping on them.

Yup. I enjoy Nocturne because of the atmosphere the game provides as you explore the Vortex World and because of the gameplay. Even if I’m not a big fan of all of Atlus’ RPGs, they always nail the latter. Especially when it comes to battles.

From what I’ve seen, people enjoy Nocturne for the same reasons people like Dark Souls and Bloodborne. There’s a lot of mystery to the world that you slowly uncover, exploring it on your own and seeing how everyone is affected by it. I can relate with that as I enjoy the SoulsBorne games for the same reasons I enjoyed Nocturne.

• Like 1
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/11/atlus_confirms_that_shin_megami_tensei_v_is_heading_to_the_west_on_nintendo_switch A little while ago there was the exciting announcement in Japan that Sh

Yes, but you also said:   I'm hoping they keep their promise and give us the PS3 version, I'll even take it digital-exclusive if I have to, but it just needs to come over for the PS3 too. 

Always cool to see a Persona series spin-off get some love. Might be interested in the Nocturne remaster.

20 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yup. I enjoy Nocturne because of the atmosphere the game provides as you explore the Vortex World and because of the gameplay. Even if I’m not a big fan of all of Atlus’ RPGs, they always nail the latter. Especially when it comes to battles.

From what I’ve seen, people enjoy Nocturne for the same reasons people like Dark Souls and Bloodborne. There’s a lot of mystery to the world that you slowly uncover, exploring it on your own and seeing how everyone is affected by it. I can relate with that as I enjoy the SoulsBorne games for the same reasons I enjoyed Nocturne.

Meh, I didn't really think the vortex world was that cool. I prefer the Schwartzvelt or however it's spelled. 

The Schwartzvelt has more variety overall and I don't find the "dead apocalyptic ruins" aesthetic of Soulsborne & Nocturne that interesting in general.

Nocturne is still a good game though and does a good number of things right, I just think that every mainline after it outclasses it by a wide margin.

On 8/12/2020 at 9:53 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well my interest in Nocturne shot up from that alone now.

anyone here getting those Game Gear Micros?

The yellow one has Last Bible 1 and Last Bible S

You can up your street cred and flex on SMT fans by playing Megami Tensei entries! Or suffer eye pain trying to look at those tiny screens

I have a preorder in for the set but I dunno. I do really wanna play those and the Shining Forces though.

14 hours ago, Fates said:

anyone here getting those Game Gear Micros?

The yellow one has Last Bible 1 and Last Bible S

You can up your street cred and flex on SMT fans by playing Megami Tensei entries! Or suffer eye pain trying to look at those tiny screens

I have a preorder in for the set but I dunno. I do really wanna play those and the Shining Forces though.

I would be all over them if it wasn't for the steep price tag.

• 3 weeks later...

New trailer for Nocturne HD. This one shows off a lot of the areas and NPCs and how they look with the HD treatment. Visually the game still holds up well on the PS2, but with the HD treatment Nocturne is looking fantastic. Kaneko’s artstyle looks excellent in HD.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Last smt game i played was devil survivor 2 record breaker its the most lighhearted smt game i've ever played and i love how dialogue choices actually matter unlike persona 5.