Shin Megami Tensei Discussion Thread

Yes Sword, I completely 100% missed Dragovian's true words. I'm that dense to not realize what game he was actually meaning and instead thought he was talking about another game in its place despite this being the SMT Discussion Thread and one of Atlus' biggest releases being on April 4th.

The hell are you talking about? I'm talking about his clear desire to play Hatsune Miku games. Dude, you okay?

Wait, it's Lego City Undercover coming out that day too?

And, ok. I'm partially confused by all the sarcasm too. Does Persona 5 have a demo out?

Edited by Plattym3

Don't know. I just wanted to set up a chance for something so clearly ridiculous.

Wait, it's Lego City Undercover coming out that day too?

And, ok. I'm partially confused by all the sarcasm too. Does Persona 5 have a demo out?

No, it doesn't have a demo on PSN. There were demos at certain events for the English build though.

As for my comment above...well, it should be clear by now I have no interest in Persona 5. Like, at all.

To keep it short, the gameplay of the Persona series has never impressed me, but I'm not going to open that can of worms any more than necessary so please don't ask. I like the characters, stories (most of the time), music (again most of the time), pretty much everything BUT the RPG gameplay within dungeons and battles. If gameplay can't grab me in an Atlus RPG, that's a killer.

I'll probably play Persona 5 at some point, but not until it's really cheap. With it being an Atlus game, the price will drop soon enough to warrant a purchase and a playthrough on the lowest difficulty so I can enjoy the parts I actually like about Persona.

I will say this: Persona Q was probably the closest game to giving me a solid Persona experience, but honestly the dungeon crawling was kind of shitty in the last portions of the game, ESPECIALLY THAT GOD DAMN INABA PRIDE EXHIBIT LABYRINTH. I $#!&ing hate that place with a passion because of all the god damn FOE placements and gate puzzles. Floor 3 and 4 of that place are the worst experiences I've had in a dungeon crawler, and they should have been tweaked.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

The hell are you talking about? I'm talking about his clear desire to play Hatsune Miku games. Dude, you okay?

Hey, there's nothing wrong with Project DIVA games.

@Yangus: Bit weird considering your DQ love. The Persona battle system is a bit deeper, but whatever. Plenty of RPGs for you to delve into.

Not to mention dungeons are more involved and not randomly generated in P5, aside from Mementos which is more for grinding and questing.

Looking forward to P5, been replaying P4 with Golden.

Edited by Tiael

Wonder if they're done playing with all the older P or SMT games on Playstation. Everything is PS2 or PS3. No way for us newbs with PS4 to enjoy.

I'm surprised Atlus hasn't brought the PS2 games to the PS4's PSN. If they released SMT III: Nocturne on the PS4 PSN I'd be down for that.

Or a remake on PS4. That'd be sweet.

Not to mention dungeons are more involved and not randomly generated in P5, aside from Mementos which is more for grinding and questing.

Looking forward to P5, been replaying P4 with Golden.

Is it your first time playing Golden?

Played original PS2 release, but first time playing through Golden.

Well, have had it for years but never got off the ground with it, always stopped at Yukiko's Castle.

Just kept getting preoccupied by otter games.

And of course I choose now with 2 weeks before 5 XD

Currently in Rise's dungeon.

I mean, I don't blame you. My playtime after I beat the final boss was like 80+ hours. Took me like 2 months playing every day.

Just kept getting preoccupied by otter games.

And of course I choose now with 2 weeks before 5 XD

Currently in Rise's dungeon.

Unlike eal, I competely blame you. $#!&ing otter games aren't worth $#!&. If you were talking about seal and sea Lion games, I'd hold you blameless.

Oh, tuck your beaver tail between your legs and run away, you duck faced prick!

That's a low blow, Tiael. Just because he's a PKJ doesn't mean he has to run. He could just roll over your ass and call it a day.

Oh, tuck your beaver tail between your legs and run away, you duck faced prick!

I'll prick you with the super sharp vertex on my back. That's the point!

Oh right, I should have posted about that here as well. Oh well, I'll just copy and paste my posts from elsewhere:

AND THE STRANGE JOURNEY REMAKE IS REAL!!!!!!! I'm not sure how I feel about the "easier," bit, but if it's anything like recent Atlus games we'll have multiple difficulties to choose from. And those new characters at the end of the trailer...oooooooo that means there will be a new ending!

I'm so excited right now.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/shin-megami-tensei-deep-strange-journey-announced-3ds

Here's another article on the Strange Journey remake. Looks like we'll be able to save wherever likes in SMT IV and IV: Apocalypse.

Ehhhhhhhhhh can't say I like that change. I guess as long as they left in healing rooms I could use those as my save points like in the original.

http://www.siliconer...apan-fall-2017/

Another thing I'm excited about...full voice acting. Can't wait to here how the English dub turns out.

Oh wait, we do have something else SMT related from the recent stream. While only a single image, this was added to the last SMT Switch title trailer.

http://gematsu.com/2017/03/shin-megami-tensei-hd-project-new-image

Some people are starting to speculate it looks like Nocturne's world and the giant hand may be apart of the King Aquila statue from SMT IV. Perhaps this desert area will be some sort of connection between the worlds of the main series?