Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

Shin Megami Tensei Discussion Thread

No, da hood. Though I guess you could find plenty of Denny's there as well.

There's like one Denny's in my city, and it isn't quite in the hood.

Basically right next to it, though.

Ok, just make sure to tip her well. Her hourly rate doesn't always go just to her.

What is this, Denny's?

Don't have a girl right now. Working to rectify that, though.

The modern man's struggle.
Preach, brother!

Something something Mara joke.

Oh God, don't summon that thing.
Imagine that thing in HD. It's gonna fill the whole screen.

And just imagine, people going up against Mara out in public.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Ok, just make sure to tip her well. Her hourly rate doesn't always go just to her.

What is this, Denny's?

Don't have a girl right now. Working to rectify that, though.

The modern man's struggle.
Preach, brother!

Something something Mara joke.

Oh God, don't summon that thing.
Imagine that thing in HD. It's gonna fill the whole screen.

And just imagine, people going up against Mara out in public.

I'd rather not thank you very much.

I don't wanna imagine that. Freaking scary thought, man. I mean, do we want Mara in HD?

I don't wanna imagine that. Freaking scary thought, man. I mean, do we want Mara in HD?

The fact that you ask that question makes me think your answer is yes...

I'm sure Mara will get some excitement from it all. It will be a real stimulating experience for us all.

Play me off, Paul! (Cue talk show outro music)

(If you think my last few posts have been bad, you should see how Mara talks in Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse. They really had a field day writing his dialogue.)

The fact that you ask that question makes me think your answer is yes...

No way, Drago. Mara and I don't mix, unless you're talking about Kate Mara.

You wish. Nah, I'm just joking...

Still wouldn't have a chance though.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

I'm also excited for the new game

Something about that trailer: when the camera first pans over to the demons, it gave me the feeling of déjà vu, as it was very reminiscent of Nocturne's title screen. The demons all lurking in the shadows, their eyes glowing in the darkness as they all stare at the screen (or you the player). Only thing that was missing was the Demi-Fiend standing in the middle, his tattoo/body art glowing in the darkness much like the demons.

Almost made me think we were gonna see a remake of Nocturne, but the environment doesn't match any part of that game. Plus the new design for Odin threw that out the window even further.

I look forward to it being Tokyo Mirage Sessions 2.

It's probably gonna be Persona Q 2: Electric Boogaloo in the Dancing Golden Arena Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry with a guest appearance by Ariana Grande.

• Upvote 1

If this remains switch exclusive, this the main reason for buying the switch for me right now.

Something about that trailer: when the camera first pans over to the demons, it gave me the feeling of déjà vu, as it was very reminiscent of Nocturne's title screen. The demons all lurking in the shadows, their eyes glowing in the darkness as they all stare at the screen (or you the player). Only thing that was missing was the Demi-Fiend standing in the middle, his tattoo/body art glowing in the darkness much like the demons.

Almost made me think we were gonna see a remake of Nocturne, but the environment doesn't match any part of that game. Plus the new design for Odin threw that out the window even further.

Maybe V will have something to do with III? Like a connection of some type. 

Oooo, looks like some more SMT related news popped up!

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/13/shin-megami-tensei-switch-made-unreal-engine-4-3ds-smt-project-works/

And that would be interesting, Imutone. Maybe it could be another world like what happens in Nocturne (a world of conception if I remember right) or maybe the result of what happened from another world of conception and the protagonist of this new game has to try and survive said results.

There's two SMT in development from what I gathered.

A Switch title, and a 3DS title.

Beaten by Yanguv

Some people were suggesting that this is going to either be a remake of an older one I heard 1/2 suggested or another spin-off like Devil Summoner/Survivor etc. with SMTV's announcement to follow later this year.

Edited by Don'tSellTheFlameSword

Picked up Apocalypse the other day. About 3 hours in, at the Fairy Forest, and so far, I really like it. I feel the affinity system is a neat touch to help make demons more unique. Can't wait to see how nuts those higher level demons turn out.

So some kind of survey is up for Atlus. It's Japanese only, but apparently it's asking fans what kind of games they would like to see in the future. Surprising nobody the choices mainly consist of Persona HD remasters, spin offs, and an updated version of Persona 5 (didn't this game only come out in Japan in September? Seems awful early to be doing $#!& like that), but also asks if people would be interested in follow ups to the Devil Survivor games, SMT: Strange Journey, and other SMT related series.

I'm surprised they don't have options to bring back series like Snowboard Kids and Trauma Center, or something Etrian Odyssey related (these three could be options but I didn't see them mentioned in the article) but seeing as Persona is their money maker I'm not surprised that's what's getting the most options.

Really wish Atlus would try and revive Trauma Center and/or Snowboard Kids, or any of their past projects. I could see a new TC or SK game being great for the Switch.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/02/03/atlus-asks-want-see-new-persona-5-persona-hd-remasters-spinoffs/

Oooo, looks like some more SMT related news popped up!

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/13/shin-megami-tensei-switch-made-unreal-engine-4-3ds-smt-project-works/

And that would be interesting, Imutone. Maybe it could be another world like what happens in Nocturne (a world of conception if I remember right) or maybe the result of what happened from another world of conception and the protagonist of this new game has to try and survive said results.

JHqIYjC.jpg

Picked up Apocalypse finally with my tax return (and The Last Guardian), not too far, just became official Hunters.

I should probably finish Apocalypse at some point. My save has been sitting at the final boss for months now.

Yeah, I could've had an excuse not to be doing something for Valentines Day. Thanks Atlus!