New Game Version - March 24, 2016

Well, I just installed the new game version.  Seemed like it could be a good update, and then I went into the Arena...

ArenaTweak.png

... and the mechanics were totally messed up.  Look at my health! The other guy's health was similarly jacked up, so at least it was fair. Regular physical attacks do almost no damage at all.  6 HP for a physical attack from my Hyperanemon was actually a good hit!  The only way to win was to focus on special moves (even special moves that do physical damage were "normal", i.e. falcon slash is a good move as it does regularly expected damage until the third hit which is back to crappy damage).

I've only just started playing around so we will see what else is completely messed up.  This is literally the first thing that I did with the new version, so confidence in the dev team here is really high ;)

I see the new mini-medal system is here now.  Up to 5 mini medals a day for doing various tasks (complete 3 regular quests = 1 medal, complete 3 special quests = 1 medal, spar = 1 medal, ovolve = 1 medal, ... and one other one that escapes me.).  Top prize for mini medals right now is a Vermil Lion which will cost you 250 mini medals.  If I am not mistaken, that means 50 days worth of getting the maximum 5 medals per day, assuming there aren't ways to get bonus medals.

Oh, and it's been a really long time since we have had a chance to recruit Gigantes, so that quest is back again (again).  This game is really starting to wear thin.  They need new content to keep it interesting and I was really hoping this update would deliver.  So far, not so much.

What does everyone else think so far?

EDIT: Just found out that the participation award in the Arena has changed from 1000 Gold to 1 Mini Medal.  That's a good change. 

Edited by King Zenith
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got responses finally about the issues with the mini medal daily quests, the arena fight issues, and the random battle matching.   In all cases they seemed to understand that it was a bug, what the

Two weeks, that is our standard answer for everything at work, even projects that are a year behind.   "When is that coming out?" Two Weeks.

Hi King, how did you manage to install the game? I tried a few time installing the game and it keeps asking me to get a new version. It keeps going to the site to download the latest update even I installed the newest patch already. Is it a bug or it is just me?

I wasn't able to obtain the proper APK through any official source.  In the end, I used an APK downloader (third one I tried, the first two kept returning the older version of the game).  The APK downloader I used gave me an APKX file, which I was able to extract using 7-zip.  Inside the APKX was the APK and OBB. Then I just side-loaded the APK. 

If needed, I can upload the proper APK here to the Den, at least until the official links get working properly.

I noticed this arena glitch too, it seems to me that the health glitch is caused by Ivory Flower's leader perk as when I used a different leader the health was back to normal. Also while doing regular quests you now get a leader perk from your pal as well.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  Actually, you have always been able to get leader perks from your pal.  It's just a lot more noticeable now with the glitch.  Here is a picture of me cashing in off of Ivory Flower's Leader Perk combined with Hydra's boost as well:

Leader_Perks.png

And here is the APK link for anyone who needs it.  Once I know the official link is working, I can take this one down.

Edited by King Zenith

I just got the XAPK file from Platty's link the the download topic and added the XAPK installer app to install it.

iPhone I just logged into my Thailand account and updated it.

And good for Ovo Road, Mini Magic Burst is still broken

Edited by Woodus

I wasn't able to obtain the proper APK through any official source.  In the end, I used an APK downloader (third one I tried, the first two kept returning the older version of the game).  The APK downloader I used gave me an APKX file, which I was able to extract using 7-zip.  Inside the APKX was the APK and OBB. Then I just side-loaded the APK. 

If needed, I can upload the proper APK here to the Den, at least until the official links get working properly.

I noticed this arena glitch too, it seems to me that the health glitch is caused by Ivory Flower's leader perk as when I used a different leader the health was back to normal. Also while doing regular quests you now get a leader perk from your pal as well.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  Actually, you have always been able to get leader perks from your pal.  It's just a lot more noticeable now with the glitch.  Here is a picture of me cashing in off of Ivory Flower's Leader Perk combined with Hydra's boost as well:

Leader_Perks.png

And here is the APK link for anyone who needs it.  Once I know the official link is working, I can take this one down.

I tired the link above. It still doesn't work. I have to wait until they fixed the issue. I can't believe they don't test the new patch before releasing it. lol.

With Great Patch, Comes Great Bugs. (spider man has never said this LoL)

I don't see old bugs resolved, why do they give us new bugs = ="?

With the bug about lead skill, Arena seems to be mess up. The only remaining thing which I still think it's fun in this game has gone!

I hope they will fix these bugs asap, otherwise I may consider to suspend this game. There's a ton of DQ mobile games that I still not finish ^_^.

I was just about to come post that as well.  Plus they still haven't given us Region 15 back yet.  Plus I don't see any new ovalutions available (although there may be some that I just haven't noticed). 

I guess on some level it's "nice" to know we can cheese arena and content for a while, but I can't see this being any fun after a few days. Everyone dust off your Ivory Flower leaders!

The lack of new content really stinks seeing how far along Japan is. It baffles me that they can't at least go back and offer up older content, like Balzak, Leon, etc. for variety's sake. Also nothing to keep loyal players coming back for more, like gem giveaways or Boss Carnival Tombolas. But I'm hanging in there; really hope they can turn things around. It's such a great game, it's just being mis-managed.

I was just about to come post that as well.  Plus they still haven't given us Region 15 back yet.  Plus I don't see any new ovalutions available (although there may be some that I just haven't noticed). 

I'm pretty sure by ovalutions, u mean Shield Ogre as well as other monsters like the Great Merman? And also, awesome job on getting Psaro's human demon form, which is Monster 514 by my analysis.

As I know, this bug used to occur in Jap version so when they bring this patch to us this bug come along with it. Then why didn't they include the fixed patch to begin with?

Anyway, I also heard that when they got monster full of capacity, then there's popup to let monster go, sparring or expand the capacity, the game will crash so they can't play anything.

I still don't try(and don't wanna try lol) but to be safe please don't let it full. :D

When the Paddock gets full you mean?  Is that just since this patch? 

Reason I ask is because before I would fill my Paddock weekly without any trouble.

It seems there's a coding error and all leader benefits are 10 times greater. If you have something with an AGI boost you're always guaranteed to go first now.

When the Paddock gets full you mean? Is that just since this patch?

Reason I ask is because before I would fill my Paddock weekly without any trouble.

Yes, i mean the Paddock. Before this patch I cango to Sparring without problem.

When this patch comes there's someone said that it will crash when they select Sparring or let monster go.(but I don't see it yet)

However, it may not be related to Paddock full, there're somepeolple who use android complain that when they try to go to Monster menu the game will be crashed. So I think this is the root cause, it may not be related to Paddock' full but related to Monster menu instead.

However, the good thing in this patch is that I can Sparring without game crash lol. In the previous patch, after finished sparring on each round, game always be crashed.

Ovolutions and skill ovolutions is broken now too. Select egg with a skill? Crash. Skill ovolve with all vanilla eggs? Still crash when you go to finish.

How to win at arena: get one of your monsters to critical health. All enemies will go into attack-only AI.

Leader/friend perks seem to be back to normal. There go my dreams of beating Showdown Bonkers without anyone dying. :/ Arena Attack defense and Ovolution are still borked though.

BTW, many thanks for that APK link, King Zenith! I couldn't make the game work without it!

If you use HP lead skill glitch now, it's backward!

Your HP will be veryyy low.

Btw, I got 8 mini medal now.

From league battle for 5 medal.

From play 3 times of special stage for 1 medal.

From play 3 times of normal stage for 1 medal.

And from ovalution 1 monster for 1 medal.

But I've never got mini medal from Spar ring even though I use it many times.

Amd I've never tried 3 Super Tombola, cuz I don't think it's worth to spend 900 gem for 1 mini medal which I'm not sure will I really get it or not.

Ovolutions and skill ovolutions is broken now too. Select egg with a skill? Crash. Skill ovolve with all vanilla eggs? Still crash when you go to finish.

How to win at arena: get one of your monsters to critical health. All enemies will go into attack-only AI.

Really frustrating. I can't ovolve anything now.

You managed to ovolve something?

Yes. I try to make 4+4+4 Beriel, so I have B rank Beriel to ovolve for 3-4 ( some of them already been ovolved. Beriel is not great but not bad either. But I have a ton of them on my stock so I decide to make it when I have free time ^^