Sign in to follow this  
Purge2202

Dragon Quest Discord Chat?

I was thinking of setting up a diecord chatroom for Dragon Quest/Dragons Den. Is this something anyone wouldbbe interested in? If you dont kjow what Discord is, it is an online text and voice chat wehsite that can also be downloaded as a desktop app. It is pretty similar to Skype, but less laggy, more functional, and it has 2 different, better themes (Light and Dark). You can find discord at discordapp.com

The server I will create will have chatrooms similar to the forum layout, with categries filor the zejithian trilogy on the DS, X, IX, VII/VIII, etc. There will also be roles. There will be roles like Admin/Mod for the forum staff as well as some roles similar to the ones earned by reaching a certaint post count here.

So, would anyone be interested in a Discord server? I wuld just mak it but I would not want to waste too much time on something that may never get any people on board.

So recreate what we already have here...?

• Upvote 1

So recreate what we already have here...?

As far as I know, the only form of live fhat you have here is IRC, which doesnt have any of the hetter functions of discord.

I don't really see the point in it. The discussions don't really need to be live communication unless we're playing/working on something together.

No offense but given the option I'd pick Skype or Discord. I find it faster and much easier to use than forum discussion but to each their own.

I haven't had the need for any live communication here, so I'm not the demographic to ask.

Tapatalk has chat functionality for the Den.

That's because it's the most awesome thing ever** invented* ***

*for mobile phones

**this century

***that allows access to the Dragon's Den

Okay, it seems the general consensus is  that Discord chat is unneccecary. Looks like I wont be maing it. Thanks for the feedback!

I don't really like Tapatalk. It constantly spams me with unrelated notifications even when I turn off notifications for the app, and even just browsing the forums looks and feels a lot better on the browser.

I don't really like Tapatalk. It constantly spams me with unrelated notifications even when I turn off notifications for the app, and even just browsing the forums looks and feels a lot better on the browser.

Odd. I've had it for 3-4 years now and only recently turned on notifications. I see zero ads and only get notifications when someone responds to my post or I flag a certain topic. That's it.

That is odd. I only tried it for a couple days but I remember turning off all notifications and getting several ones anyway telling me to try some other forums that I've never heard of.

That is odd. I only tried it for a couple days but I remember turning off all notifications and getting several ones anyway telling me to try some other forums that I've never heard of.

I see those at the bottom of my screen just recently, but have never received a notification about that.

I haven't had the need for any live communication here, so I'm not the demographic to ask.

I'll deal with you one post at a time.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking the same thing today since Discord seems like such an efficient messaging community than can be a chat/messenger/forum/gaming voice app all in one.

its got nice clean UI with very simple yet powerful everything. I thought someone may have created one for DQ fans to chat amongst themselves so I google searched it. Although everyone here at the Den apparently doesn't care for it, there is someone out there that has already created one for everyone who wants to talk DQ here:

The link below is basically an invite bringing you in as a guest to chat using the browser and you don't need to sign in or install anything. Just pick an alias and you're done. It was designed for mmo players who invite pugs to run raids without giving them too much access to their server but gives them enough access to chat via text or voice for coordination. it's completely free if you ever decide to download it and use it as a means to run dungeons, chat with friends or game mates. You can create as many servers as you want and divide them into threads the same way you would in Ventrilo if you ever used that but obviously, way more efficient and modern.

Cheers~

Edited by minwin12

Tapatalk has chat functionality for the Den.

That's because it's the most awesome thing ever** invented* ***

*for mobile phones

**this century

***that allows access to the Dragon's Den

Tapatalk is weird.

You are weird.

On-topic, the Den itself has had a few IRC channels, mainly the SlimeKnights IRC chat.

I'd join a Discord server though.