Contest #145 - DQ-ify a Movie Poster: The Remix Edition VOTING FINALE

Favorite Winner  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey there Denzians,

Sorry this took so long.  But, CONGRATULATIONS to our 3 Finalists!

All three champions have won a prize: a real DQVIII poster offered by our friend, Bururian (oh, and a badge)!  Please PM him when you get a chance for shipping information & such.  Thank you SO MUCH, Bururian!

The winning finalists are:

Monster Park by Woodus

Thwackinator by The Chief 

King Leo by Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

Let's finish this off with a fun vote for your favorite of favorites.

Entry #1 - Monster Park

jurassic_park_entry.png

Entry #2 - Thwackinator

2rhsbhi.jpgraaqaf.jpg

Entry #3 - King Leo

Dragon%2BQuest%2BIV%2B-%2BKing%2BLeo%2B%

I hope to end this by March 20th.  Happy voting!

• Upvote 1

When you get the chance, PM me your addresses. I'll be shipping in a poster tube as well, so it's going to be a bit big. You do not have to worry about anything, I am covering all shipping on the posters. If you do not fully feel comfortable with me having your information, you can give me just the address and leave off your name. I'll try to get this out in a timely manner once I receive information from each winner. 

"I hope to end this by March 20th."

Hahahaha. That's honest.

Thanks, everyone. And thanks, Bururian.

Let me get the exact address of my boyfriend, so you can send it there. I am not always at home (you know, because of work and that), so it is better that way.

And I can send you my user name instead of my real name, if that helps. :)

As much as it pains me to say this, I don't think I have anywhere to put this poster. As cool as it is, I'd rather it go to someone who would use it. Perhaps it can be saved for a future contest, or if Bururian wants, he could keep it.

As for the poll, I shall refrain from voting. The urge to vote for myself is too great.

As much as it pains me to say this, I don't think I have anywhere to put this poster. As cool as it is, I'd rather it go to someone who would use it. Perhaps it can be saved for a future contest, or if Bururian wants, he could keep it.

As for the poll, I shall refrain from voting. The urge to vote for myself is too great.

I always assume everyone votes for themself, and thus I always vote for myself if I'm in a contest.

In short, go vote for yourself.

I always assume everyone votes for themself, and thus I always vote for myself if I'm in a contest.

There are teachers at every school that I've been at that tell kids not to vote for themselves in classroom elections.  I try to teach the students how stupid that strategy is.  Yeah, it's "polite" or whatnot, but it's plain dumb.  I ask them all the time, "When he went to go vote, who do you think President Obama voted for?" and then I show them how by voting for someone else it's actually putting them at a 2 point disadvantage (the vote for them that didn't happen + a vote for someone else = 2 point swing) and how important that is in a class where we're only casting like 36 votes anyway.  To combat that  indoctrination by former teachers a bit, I do always allow them 2 votes.  I wish presidential elections were like that.  Imagine if everyone went out and voted their party affiliation and THEN got to vote again for someone they actually thought would do a good job.  I think we'd see a lot more independent or moderates elected. 

In my case, if it were about something important (and no, as much as I love these contests and the badges, they are not truly important) and I honestly believed what I could bring to the table is better than what the opposition would bring, then I would vote for myself. Following that logic, I would be doing everyone a disservice otherwise.

But for a contest, even one with real prizes, I do my best not to vote for myself. Exception being like last voting round, when the two options were mine, so I had to vote for one of them, anyway.

• Upvote 1

I forgot to mention, since I like badges, as long as I get one of the three top places and get a badge, it does not matter much which one it is.

And also, I find these "DQ invades" contests fun to participate in. Win or not. I sometimes submit entries that I know have no chance of winning even before I start working on them, but that I create for myself, with the contest's theme as an excuse and inspiration.

That way, I have drawn pics I like that I would not have drawn otherwise.

• Upvote 1

There are teachers at every school that I've been at that tell kids not to vote for themselves in classroom elections.  I try to teach the students how stupid that strategy is.  Yeah, it's "polite" or whatnot, but it's plain dumb.  I ask them all the time, "When he went to go vote, who do you think President Obama voted for?" and then I show them how by voting for someone else it's actually putting them at a 2 point disadvantage (the vote for them that didn't happen + a vote for someone else = 2 point swing) and how important that is in a class where we're only casting like 36 votes anyway.  To combat that  indoctrination by former teachers a bit, I do always allow them 2 votes.  I wish presidential elections were like that.  Imagine if everyone went out and voted their party affiliation and THEN got to vote again for someone they actually thought would do a good job.  I think we'd see a lot more independent or moderates elected. 

I wasn't trying to be "polite" so much as I wanted to see if I could win without voting for myself. That being said, this is all for fun so I guess there is no harm in it.

Time to go into full corrupt politician mode. Vote 4 The Chief!

• Upvote 1

All for fun? Are you mad!? There's a cluster of zeros and ones on the line! On an unrelated topic. One should always vote for one's self. I do, even if I'm not competing.

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...