Sign in to follow this  
garithos

Dragon Quest Europe Convention 30th Anniversary: Full information

Kanahei, the man behind the pink bunny and the Dragon Quest universe in stars will have a little surprise for the Dragon Quest convention as his manager. It is therefore the ad of the day.

12987003_1723575624580178_69533208946325

Holy cow, how are you getting all these big names?! :o

Perhaps DQ For the Stars is getting localized...?

Am I the only one here that finds this a little too good to be true?

Not that I don't believe it, it's more that I'm in awe and find this more than a little slap to the face to North American fans. I mean they have quite literally done zero promotions for years here but pull out all this for Europe.

Sorry. Happy for EU here, but kinda not believing they are showing you that much love!

• Upvote 1

It's not coming to America.

• Upvote 1

they have quite literally done zero promotions for years here but pull out all this for Europe.

This is what I find really strange.

We have years of "we'd love to but..." to "buy Heroes and maybe...". 

If we really do get all these games...it'll be such a big turnabout for Square Enix that even Phoenix Wright would be shocked.

• Upvote 1

The contacts I find them on Twitter via the official websites as Kanahei or Shoko example went through his French club fan who had come to the 15th Impact Japan some years ago.

The manager of Kanahei I also gave the address and telephone of the responsible marketing of Square Enix Japan, which is slightly makes things easier, and more with the help of Nintendo, everything seems to be going well for the moment, I meet fingers that it lasts.

We put everything in place to make this convention is successful and the expectations of fans came from all over the world (according to ticket sales statistics).

I actually had a quite exceptional proposal yesterday I bit you say nothing for the moment that will be unique in the West but that should go through the rest of Europe and the USA of current year.

Square Enix Japan also afirmer me they would use a global announcement at the convention, remains whether this is reality and what it will be.

• Upvote 1

Today I wanted to you announce the news, Dragon Quest concert orchestrated by the Distant World exclusive preview and West during the convention. If successful, the possibility that band goes around the world. They are behind the Final Fantasy concerts, Zelda, Pokemon, Tim Burton, Disney, ....

The concert will be held Saturday, May 28 from 19:00 (doors open) and start of the concert at 20:00.

Tickets will be on sale in the coming days will be independent of the Convention.

1:30 show with the music of the saga but exclusively for us, a music derived from Dragon Quest XI in preview.

Distant World working with Square Enix for years and mainly with the composer of the Final Fantasy saga. Worked with Dragon Quest, Koichi Sugiyama will be a first for them.

Today I wanted to you announce the news, Dragon Quest concert orchestrated by the Distant World exclusive preview and West during the convention. If successful, the possibility that band goes around the world. They are behind the Final Fantasy concerts, Zelda, Pokemon, Tim Burton, Disney, ....

The concert will be held Saturday, May 28 from 19:00 (doors open) and start of the concert at 20:00.

Tickets will be on sale in the coming days will be independent of the Convention.

1:30 show with the music of the saga but exclusively for us, a music derived from Dragon Quest XI in preview.

Distant World working with Square Enix for years and mainly with the composer of the Final Fantasy saga. Worked with Dragon Quest, Koichi Sugiyama will be a first for them.

Damn, now I really wish I could go...

Just little information, as many complained about the exorbitant price, we decided to make a big sacrifice for fans by offering the ticket CHF 40 / € / $ 11 p.m. until next Wednesday at the latest. Unfortunately we can not fall the most, here we find ourselves already losing, but I prefer to take risks and meet up to that fans of murder and that the concert did not take place.

I prefer to take risks and meet up to that fans of murder .

Damn. That is living dangerously.
  • Upvote 1

I prefer to take risks and meet up to that fans of murder .

Damn. That is living dangerously.

I was going to say the same thing, but decided to back away slowly instead.

• Upvote 2

I was asked to come to help judge the cosplay contest, and I really wish I could!! A trip to Switzerland just isn't in the cards for this month, especially since that's the same weekend as FanimeCon here in California. I'm looking forward to pictures of this event. Cool that it's on the 30th anniversary itself, too! I'm planning my big Dragon Quest 3 cosplay group that day at Fanime, at least. My little contribution for now. 8D

• Upvote 2

Apparently this was cancelled?

Kind of odd that they would cancel this a week before it's supposed to go down. I'm in team "this was never real to begin with"

• Upvote 1

Apparently this was cancelled?

Kind of odd that they would cancel this a week before it's supposed to go down. I'm in team "this was never real to begin with"

I'm right there with you. This all sounded way too good to be true.

While i agree it sounded too good to be true, i wanted to believe it was legit. Im curious on why it got suddenly cancelled. All this thing is getting really fishy.

According to the website it was cancelled for "private security reasons...

Ah well at least we're getting VII and VIII.

Yes to my regret I learned that day of the convention was canceled due to problems that might caused the room by security measure with the many internationals who would come from far away to be disappointed in the end due to the real scope of the agreement or it was submerged. But we are currently looking for another room for more people and we will welcome the Dragon Quest Western community in the best conditions. No date can be given currently.

George Comits, is that you?

We sold online over 653 tickets just a huge figure, since we expected originally to a hundred people.

I'm not George committees not, I Fabien call.