3DNES emulator

Liamland

http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/09/3dnes-emulator/

Sometimes the sprites look a little off, but otherwise this is pretty interesting.  I'd love to see a Dragon Warrior demo using this.

DW/DQ isn't a side scroller so I would be curious how it would work.

Not all side scrollers work well with it, though.  Zelda II: The Adventure of Link definitely has a lot of visual glitches, according to the video.  The Super Mario Bros 3 world map is really glitchy as well, and the added animation doesn't help with the 3D rendering.

I would imagine this emulator would make the trees and mountains stand out more, but due to the glitchiness of the emulator it would probably make the castles and towns pop out, each looking like one long cyllander, like they did in the Zelda II part of the demo.

Cool, I must have skipped past the zelda 2 overworld part

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So I downloaded the emulator and booted up DQ1. It looked GREAT while in Tantegel Castle. The Overworld was wonky, sort of how Zelda II looked in the video. I had a monster encounter and that seemed to really confuse the emulator. I couldn't even see the monster and the battle screen image was in varying degrees of 3 dimensions.

It's still really impressive. I may try to record some later, if my craptop can handle it.

I went ahead and did it.

That isn't a legit Dragon Warrior ROM. That's been hacked, most of the tiles are incorrect. I don't know why that one is floating around the internet, but it's annoying.

That isn't a legit Dragon Warrior ROM. That's been hacked, most of the tiles are incorrect. I don't know why that one is floating around the internet, but it's annoying.

I don't remember where I got it. I probably ly downloaded it years ago. Never played the original so I wouldn't know the difference. I'll try looking for the real thing later. I want to see how 2, 3, and 4 function as well.

It really doesn't matter where you got it, it's all over the place. Later I can post some comparison screenshots top help you find the legit game (i won't supply it to you, as I don't even have the ROM anymore. I quit piracy a few years ago when I realized I want to work in the software business - I don't want to be a hypocrite.

It really doesn't matter where you got it, it's all over the place. Later I can post some comparison screenshots top help you find the legit game (i won't supply it to you, as I don't even have the ROM anymore. I quit piracy a few years ago when I realized I want to work in the software business - I don't want to be a hypocrite.

People in the software business (remember to close their parentheses). 😉

Haha!

Haha! You caught me. Oh well. I noticed it after posting, but didn't care enough to edit the post.

• Upvote 1