Sign in to follow this  
paunchberry

DQ 1+2 & 3 on N3DS VC

http://hackinformer.com/2016/03/07/super-nintendo-vc-titles-leaked/

Looks like the SFC remakes of Dragon Quests 1-3 are heading to the Japanese eShop some time in the future. As happy as I am to have DQ3 on the go with the smartphone version, I'd love to play that game again with the battle animations and TnT.

It's doubtful it'll ever come to the West, but there's a perfectly fine, modern localization just waiting to be used in another port.

Yeah, they're not coming. But seems like a no-brainer for Japan.

It's shocking Japan is even getting eshop releases. Is Horii finally letting (what seemed like) the impossible to happen?

Darn, I was hoping that the US was getting these. It would have been another reason to upgrade to the New 3DS XL.

If this is true, then all the main series (1-11) and all the Monster series except Caravan Heart will be playable on (new) 3DS.

Edited by Awesomeinblue

Wow, I never thought I'd see this happen (On the JP eShop at least). We're definitely not getting it since the VC scene in NA is bascially Nintendo 1st party, Sega, or Capcom. I don't think Square Enix has released anything on the Wii U/3DS eShops over here. I'd definitely love the SNES versions of those to play in English.

Wow, I never thought I'd see this happen (On the JP eShop at least). We're definitely not getting it since the VC scene in NA is bascially Nintendo 1st party, Sega, or Capcom. I don't think Square Enix has released anything on the Wii U/3DS eShops over here. I'd definitely love the SNES versions of those to play in English.

They've released only one game in both NA and PAL: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. And that was only released in January this year. Still a good game though; I can't complain.

They've released only one game in both NA and PAL: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. And that was only released in January this year. Still a good game though; I can't complain.

I definitely missed this. It's a good start!

There were some SE games on the Wii Shop and DSi Shop, but I haven't really seen anything for 3DS/Wii U yet.

Torneko no Daibouken (Torneko's Grand Adventure) is also on that list.

As unlikely as it would be, I don't see these games coming here as being a complete impossibility. As we already know, the games' ROMs  can be translated. And DQ1, 2, and 3 already have modern translations. Torneko would need a brand new translation, and as much as I'd like it, that's probably not going to happen. But the other three (two?) games theoretically could come over here if SE/Armor Project decided to spend the minimal amount of resources that would be needed for the project.

Hey, that's neat! :D Maybe this can pave the way to more titles coming to VC, and maybe some in the West, too. I don't see any games that aren't already translated coming here on VC, though, but if they release a game on the Japanese VC that has an English version, maybe that has a chance. :)

Torneko no Daibouken (Torneko's Grand Adventure) is also on that list.

As unlikely as it would be, I don't see these games coming here as being a complete impossibility. As we already know, the games' ROMs  can be translated. And DQ1, 2, and 3 already have modern translations. Torneko would need a brand new translation, and as much as I'd like it, that's probably not going to happen. But the other three (two?) games theoretically could come over here if SE/Armor Project decided to spend the minimal amount of resources that would be needed for the project.

Don't we have Torneko Last Hope here in NA? Maybe one day we'll see it on the PSN classics.

To be completely fair, there's some JP only games on the US eShop. Granted, I think it's only Mysterious Murasame Castle, and that game had, like, zero text, so that's not much. But it IS a thing.

Torneko: The Last Hope is Torneko no Daiboken 2.

Torneko: The Last Hope is Torneko no Daiboken 2.

Yeah. I'm still looking for a copy to acquire. I bought two used JP complete in box for $20 total. NA version is going to cost at least twice that. Argh.

It would be a nice gesture if they at least released the original Dragon Warrior NES games to the VC.  Speaking of no-brainers, it's already localized, and not hurting the franchise to release it under the old name.  They could even rebrand the title sequence as DQ, but leave the rest of the games intact.

It would be a nice gesture if they at least released the original Dragon Warrior NES games to the VC.  Speaking of no-brainers, it's already localized, and not hurting the franchise to release it under the old name.  They could even rebrand the title sequence as DQ, but leave the rest of the games intact.

Personally I think we'll see the VC releases.  SE is slow, but with the mobile available, I can see these eventually being released here, especially when the extra work is a slight alteration to the mini-medal system, and the pachisi tracks.  DQ2 has a bit of dialogue to remove, and DQ1 should be identical.

I think this would be a great addition as well, as it would mean whenever the SFC releases come out, it would show a contrast in the growth and changes to DQ over the years, from the old translations to the new.  On top of the NES versus the SFC versions.  Hell, I'd love to see the GBC versions released as well.

I am inclined to agree with Platty on this.But I really hope Ignasia is right because that would be incredible.I would love to DQ on VC both Wii U and 3DS.Even more so since I just got a New 3DS XL on Thursday.I would also just love to see Square support the VC outside Japan.

I've been thinking of a potential localized name for the torneko game. What about "Dragon Quest Champions: Torneko Taloon's Excellent Expedition"? (And if Square Enix wants to use that name I would relinquish any and all rights I may have to it - I know companies try to stay away from fan-created names to avoid copyright disputes.)

I've been thinking of a potential localized name for the torneko game. What about "Dragon Quest Champions: Torneko Taloon's Excellent Expedition"? (And if Square Enix wants to use that name I would relinquish any and all rights I may have to it - I know companies try to stay away from fan-created names to avoid copyright disputes.)

If they do localize it, i'd want them to go with something like "Dragon Quest Heroes: Torneko's Mystery Dungeon". Why? Rocket Slime is called "Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime", why not make more "Dragon Quest Heroes:" games? Not to mention that including "Mystery Dungeon" in the title might get some Pokémon fans to try it, specially if they promote it reminding everyone Torneko was the first Mystery Dungeon game.

I imagine they'll retire "Dragon Quest Heroes:" as a localization for "Dragon Quest Characters:" now that Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below has been released here. They could go with "Dragon Quest Mystery Dungeon: Torneko Taloon's Excellent Expedition", that would tie in the Mystery Dungeon part while still maintaining style as well as being relatively accurate to the original title (Torneko no Daibouken, or literally "Torneko's Great Adventure"). Later entries in the Torneko series were known as "Dragon Quest Characters: Torneko's Great Adventure X" (where X is the appropriate sequel number).

• Upvote 1