Nintendo's localizations.

I'm fairly positive 8-4 did not work on VII.

Anyway, what I've found annoying about this whole thing have been the articles talking down to the fans. "You don't understand localization!" That childish arrogance of developers and press thinking they're smarter than the consumers. Take the Silent Hill HD Collection for example. That should've never been released. Fans were very upset over it. The director of the game insulted the fans (and continues to do so) instead of taking responsibility for his bad product. And that's why I'll never support him or his company.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good localization: Everyone enjoys the game.   Bad localization: People that don't care enjoy the game. People that do care enjoy it less.    But with people actually defending changes like "..

I didn't say it would be my last post, just the last big one. To address your last comment, I would have bought the game regardless of what they did or did not cut. Gameplay is important but so is sto

I disagree. You can argue that it was "just" amplified, and I'll argue that it destroyed the rest of her character. She isn't shy anymore. Shy isn't soft spoken anymore. She's just this muscle packed

I know confidentiality agreements and all, but 8-4's response when I inquired about DQVII seemed pretty set in stone.

Is 8-4 handling localization of Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past like you did DQVI: Realms of Revelation for Nintendo?

8-4, Ltd. <info@8-4.jp>

Hi Tiael,

Unfortunately, we aren't involved, but it is definitely in good hands!

Thanks,
jj

And I got this from PA when I inquired as well.

Will Blatchley (Plus Alpha) <will@plusalphatranslations.com>  

Hi there,

Many thanks for your email. It's always nice to hear from happy fans of our work.

I can't really divulge any information about what we're currently working on, as we are bound by confidentiality agreements. Sorry, but that's how the industry works.

Kind regards,

Will

I'm fairly positive 8-4 did not work on VII.

Anyway, what I've found annoying about this whole thing have been the articles talking down to the fans. "You don't understand localization!" That childish arrogance of developers and press thinking they're smarter than the consumers. Take the Silent Hill HD Collection for example. That should've never been released. Fans were very upset over it. The director of the game insulted the fans (and continues to do so) instead of taking responsibility for his bad product. And that's why I'll never support him or his company.

It's not that it shouldn't have been released, it's that it shouldn't have been a butchered piece of trash.

Ignasia, you say cop out, I say no. I chose my battle. It's not worth fighting. I never had a side to begin with.

Fair enough.

I know confidentiality agreements and all, but 8-4's response when I inquired about DQVII seemed pretty set in stone.

Is 8-4 handling localization of Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past like you did DQVI: Realms of Revelation for Nintendo?

8-4, Ltd. <info@8-4.jp>

Hi Tiael,

Unfortunately, we aren't involved, but it is definitely in good hands!

Thanks,

jj

And I got this from PA when I inquired as well.

Will Blatchley (Plus Alpha) <will@plusalphatranslations.com>

Hi there,

Many thanks for your email. It's always nice to hear from happy fans of our work.

I can't really divulge any information about what we're currently working on, as we are bound by confidentiality agreements. Sorry, but that's how the industry works.

Kind regards,

Will

To me, that reads 8-4 is not working on it, and Plus Alpha MAY be working on it, because they're not being direct and instead pointing to confidentiality, while 8-4 is being blunt.

There's also the fact that 8-4 was picked to finish DQ6 because Plus Alpha was working on a project at the time Nintendo took up the project, and I don't think they wanted to sit and wait for them to finish.  SE only gave it up because they just had the biggest loss since the merger, and a near deathknell to investors once the quarterly hit, so DQ6 was postponed along with other projects being postponed and cancelled.  We can probably thank the original cancellation of Agito due to this extended period of losses that began with that particular quarter.

Edited by ignasia7

&#036;#&#33;&amp; me I had a good post going there, oh well, retype time.

I'm going to be clear here, a lot of folk here have made good points in this (now multi-page) topic. 

The changes in Fire Emblem Fates range from OK (there wasn't any real change in the face petting, they let the dialog stay and the reactions) to WTF (removal of some dialog, pretty drastic dialog changes to others). Fire Emblem Fates was done in-house by Nintendo, and they should be more transparent on some of this stuff.

Xenoblade Chronicles X. I played this on a buddy's Wii U. Sure as hell didn't bother me not having a boob slider. Creepy pedo-junk there really. Go to jail internet plz. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

And the last game I touched on here is Bravely Second. Adding more cloth to costumes? Complaining? See above bold. Changing the Hawkeye class? Not a good move, not a bad one, especially in the light of the internet age where we know damn well what the JP version has in it. Square Enix and Silicon Studio should've just properly addressed the issue. To a point here? You can blame culture. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_American_mascot_controversyand you can read further from there. They should have been open about it. It doesn't seem to detract from the gameplay any though.

My problem with this is that not enough people latch onto the right things to complain about here. Who really cares about an inch or two of cloth, or the addition or removal of a costume (not a class)? It makes some of these people just sound damn creepy as &#036;#&#33;&amp;. And then there's the additional blaming of outside sources (like Varuna's seemingly insistance on SJWs somehow making a difference). 

Localization is a difficult process. Just ask Tom Lipschultz of XSEED or Victor Ireland of Gajinworks, or even the dude who helped do the Trails of the Sky series! (Dude wanted to off himself it was so hard). They have to take a game MEANT for (in this case) a Japanese audience, and make it accessible to an American audience. Thanks to folk like Dwaine we know a little about some of these companies, like Plus Alpha, but the Treehouse is akin to the Illuminati in Nintendo, they don't exist, don't ask, and don't knock on that door. So Nintendo needs to just open the door.

Localization is the adaptation of a game released for one audience to another. In gamings case, from one side of the world to the other typically. Some places get it right and do a good job, some places flub it up, and some places just don't bother because of the content of the game. 

So everyone needs to keep in mind that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Meaning localizations for say, Nintendo games will have to appeal to EVERYONE in their target audience, which will always include kids for example. NIS titles are typically marketed to adults and older teenagers for another example. Obviously, Rockstar games are marketed to adults. 

So this means every localization will be different, and will never be 1-1. 

If you want 1-1, go find Korean knockoffs of games like Anastonsia Story 2 (also known as Crimsongem Saga, the former is a 1-1 translation in English released for SEA territories and Korea. The latter is the US localization WITH voice acting.). and see just how... eugh it would be.

You're trying to goad me to respond by rewriting several highlighted points of your initial argument, aren't you?

• Upvote 1

Not you.

That is my viewpoint. Why do people latch onto every possible change? Gameplay and dialog changes, yes. Latch. Costumes? Who cares?

Hello, I'm the "author" of the album that was posted here on Page 2. This one:

http://imgur.com/a/X2w49

I want to take the time to correct some mistakes:

The changes in Fire Emblem Fates range from OK (there wasn't any real change in the face petting, they let the dialog stay and the reactions)

Actually, ~66% of the lines in My Room were cut out. You cannot see every piece of dialogue possible. All of them had voice acting.

The other thing to mention is how the removal of the skinship, which was really tame (you can touch the head and around the head, tamer than this is impossible), makes the minigame seem more lewd. Since you invite them to your room, they come in, you see their faces, screen fades to black, the line appears and plays. This is something stupid, mind you. Just to mention how easy it is to misinterpret a black screen with a somewhat suggestive line.

Second off, I see some have said the ESRB would have cracked down on Fire Emblem Fates and gave it an M rating. That is false, similar T rated games are way more extreme than this. Specifically, Agarest 2 gave us an oil massage minigame, that got a T rating. Then we have The Witch and the Hundred Knights, which even had nudity on some enemies (breasts showing), and lines way more suggestive (direct actually), than what you can see in the petting minigame.

As for the rest, I find it odd that anyone would be selective about freedom of expression in fiction. Supposedly sexuality and nudity are no-no's and extreme violence and killing is a go-go? Fiction remains fiction no matter what, limiting it is not only odd, but will work against you, especially when you do it selective like this. How are costumes different from dialogue? I'd say that's the most basic form of alteration to "unacceptable" material. It's just as unacceptable to alter it. 

Edited by Immahnoob
  • Upvote 1

It's not that it shouldn't have been released, it's that it shouldn't have been a butchered piece of trash.

I know that they were working off earlier builds and didn't have access to the original source code. There was a point in development where they knew what they had and if they didn't want to put the money into fixing it, they should've cut their losses. There's a difference between standing by your product and flipping off your customers. That's no way to run a company. What's funny is one of the Fire Emblem localization team tried to do this inclusive movement and the only ones that seemed to get involved were him and that guy. Two people who hurt their companies by being arrogant and rude.

Edited by Dwaine

I'm of the mind that the 3DS is a child's toy. Really, all consoles are, but I never see adults playing DSes out in restaurants or in public. Can't play Pokemon in my town, no sir! You'll end up in a kid-based area and be pedo-creepy.

But it's good that you are here to set the record straight, it's good to hear that from someone else who has played Fates. I can only go by news articles, and if they removed that much of that content, transparency.. should have been key.

But why do costumes matter so much to some people? To me it's creepy as hell sometimes, ESPECIALLY with Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Fates is... different. In olden times girls were married pretty early depending on situation. It'd be better historically to keep the original dialog there.

What about phones? I see adults playing on phones all the time. I think the issue with the 3DS is that it barely has any users, more than it being a "child's toy". Most gamers are still young adults and adults. I don't know where you live, but I don't see ANY handhelds ANYWHERE (nevermind, you have your location written). I sometimes use them in public when I'm travelling, but that's all.

Although, playing Pokemon in your city is seen as "pedo-creepy"? That's stupid.

It's more of a principle thing. What's the point of cutting the costumes? Ratings wouldn't have changed and everyone would have been happy, since the customes are optional to wear. No one's forcing anyone to use them. For me it's the same like dialogue. Fiction remains fiction, no matter how horrific it is. I mean, I've played games like Postal and Manhunt, and while there were controversies, they proved to be misguided. If anyone wants to use the costumes, they should be free to do so. There's no harm.

Edited by Immahnoob
  • Upvote 1

What kind of annoys me is some people (on twitter) want nothing to do with DQ7 and just bash Nintendo cause they are involved in some fashion when they have no idea who's actually localizing it. They see Nintendo and assume they are translating it themselves.

I get their frustration over FE fates and Bravery Second in how it was localized but they are completely over reacting here on 7.

Edited by sounderfan84

What about phones? I see adults playing on phones all the time. I think the issue with the 3DS is that it barely has any users, more than it being a "child's toy". Most gamers are still young adults and adults. I don't know where you live, but I don't see ANY handhelds ANYWHERE (nevermind, you have your location written). I sometimes use them in public when I'm travelling, but that's all.

Although, playing Pokemon in your city is seen as "pedo-creepy"? That's stupid.

It's more of a principle thing. What's the point of cutting the costumes? Ratings wouldn't have changed and everyone would have been happy, since the customes are optional to wear. No one's forcing anyone to use them. For me it's the same like dialogue. Fiction remains fiction, no matter how horrific it is. I mean, I've played games like Postal and Manhunt, and while there were controversies, they proved to be misguided. If anyone wants to use the costumes, they should be free to do so. There's no harm.

In my metropolitian area (Macon GA), almost no adult has a 3DS here, and the ones that do keep 'em at home. I think that's where some of my point comes in, young adults are "seen" with handhelds, and therefore, it's seen as a kid-thing. Hence why they "butcher" (I can go with butcher, seeing what they did with Fates) localizations. 

Doesn't make it right though.

And to me on costumes, it's more to preference. I -hate- the "magic bikini" phenomenon. If a chick wearing a bikini is standing next to a dude in armor, and both get breathed fire on by a dragon? Dude might live, but the chick has no skin protection. It makes no sense to me that both suffer the same damage in a RPG.

Sex appeal? Sure. Keep the chick in the back casting spells and praying they don't get poked by a spear. It's honestly why I liked some of DQ3's art, the females (with two glaring exceptions, though the jester isn't combat-ready) have armor and clothing. The Thief looks like she can take a hit, and the Wizard has a proper robe.

Risque costumes in a game that can make it believable (Dead or Alive, just about any fighting game because of freedom of movement) to me is understandable. But in a RPG? Steel Armor OUTWEIGHS that skimpy bathing suit. Magic Burst should kill you just the same, in DQ fashion. 

This'll probably be my last major message on the whole matter, basically to sum up my whole position.

In the end, you can dump as much "evidence" that Nintendo "destroyed" Fire Emblem Fates or tried to pander to somebody or a person on the team is a known "SJW" or what have you. Some people not on this board even tried to use the fact that one writer in Treehouse doesn't know Japanese as a reason why the localization is shoddy.

But it doesn't really matter to me. What's in the game we have here is enjoyable. A lot of the changes they made I actually like. Calem was going on about how they made Effie "a dyke" but it was a piece of her personality that was there to begin with, just amplified. People can get mad about how they changed the dialogue or removed the ability to pet your little sister, among other people. You can chalk it up to cultural differences or choosing the target audience they wanted for the game, but regardless, I'm having a hell of a lot of fun playing this game.

Most of the people making the case against it haven't even touched the game, don't even have a passing interest in Fire Emblem. They're just mad because Nintendo changed it. If we lived in a world where people didn't import it, dump the files, and patch it to include their own interpretation of the English text, we'd have no idea what we might be missing. It's not like Nintendo did a bad job in disguising their changes or did a choppy job at it.

At the end of the day, it's a video game meant to be played and enjoyed. Did you have fun playing the game? Of course you didn't, you didn't want to play it in the first place. The people making an issue about it have to dig through the Internet to find evidence to back up their case for why it's bad instead of playing it and deciding they don't like Treehouse's version on their own.

If the changes they made make the game better in my eyes, then I don't care. A lot of their dialogue changes were better. Most of the stuff they replaced it with was flat and boring. You can say I'm part of the problem, but whatever. I got into playing games so I could have fun, not feel cheated because I didn't get everything the Japanese got.

The only thing I really want out of Nintendo is more transparency. A lot of the troubles people had could have been assuaged if they said something beyond their announcements of the things they cut. We still don't have a confirmed reason for why it lacks dual audio, even if the prevailing theory is probably the correct one (they needed to get the rights to Azura's song in Japanese). For a long time now Nintendo has had a hard time being open to people, which could have gone a long way in mitigating this Internet freakout.

Edited by eal
  • Upvote 2
and therefore, it's seen as a kid-thing. Hence why they "butcher" (I can go with butcher, seeing what they did with Fates) localizations.

By "young adults", I actually don't mean pre-18. Also, do you think the 13- outweigh the adults when we're talking about demographics? I'm not sure that's feasible. Fire Emblem in general has never been a "kiddy game". The older ones are as crude and violent as ever with quite the subjects involved.  

Besides, these aren't even "adult themes" in any case. I'd say they've cut so much that they should have gotten an E, not a T. At least, literally speaking, the dialogue is dumbed down considerably. 

But in a RPG? Steel Armor OUTWEIGHS that skimpy bathing suit. Magic Burst should kill you just the same, in DQ fashion.

Fair enough, you're the type that asks for more realism then. There's nothing I could really say to this besides how selective this is. Too realistic and I doubt you'd like the game, you'd find it a chore. So all I can say is, I'm the type that accepts the game for what the original creators meant it to be. 

Calem was going on about how they made Effie "a dyke" but it was a piece of her personality that was there to begin with, just amplified.

And they took other parts of her personality out too. So she's no longer Effie, she's just a dyke. Beforehand, you had a character more complex than "Nothing is stronger than my love for you, except my biceps.". They also made her protection of Elise more extreme. Even in Harold/Arthur's support conversation, she does not care about him, she cares only about Elise. In the original, she raises concerns that her loyalty to Elise might interfere with the marriage, not the other way around.

Most of the people making the case against it haven't even touched the game, don't even have a passing interest in Fire Emblem. They're just mad because Nintendo changed it. If we lived in a world where people didn't import it, dump the files, and patch it to include their own interpretation of the English text, we'd have no idea what we might be missing. It's not like Nintendo did a bad job in disguising their changes or did a choppy job at it.

Well, you see, the issue with this statement is that we'd have to actually pay for it. And that would mean supporting shoddy localizations.

Importing and patching with the fan translation does not prove this point. Dumping and making my own patch with the North America text is redundant and hard to do for any average user (which I am). I don't need to play the game to know about these changes being bad.

My interest with Fire Emblem sparked with Awakening, trying to dismiss complaints like this is disrespectful and isn't rational.

At the end of the day, it's a video game meant to be played and enjoyed. Did you have fun playing the game? Of course you didn't, you didn't want to play it in the first place. The people making an issue about it have to dig through the Internet to find evidence to back up their case for why it's bad instead of playing it and deciding they don't like Treehouse's version on their own.

This again is not a nice assumption to make. My life does not depend on this game. Nor does it depend on the industry or localizations. But that does not mean I won't fix a problem when I'm able to and I see one.

Games are meant to be enjoyed though, you are right, but I can't enjoy a game when I know my content is downgraded.

I know this is your last post since, you said it is, but, let me ask you this... Would you say that you wouldn't have bought the game if nothing was cut and the translation was proper? Because you seem to only care about gameplay from what you're saying, so instead of dismissing us this way, why not let us have our way? You wouldn't be affected.

EDIT: Fixed quotes, I also have to add that 

Edited by Immahnoob

I didn't say it would be my last post, just the last big one. To address your last comment, I would have bought the game regardless of what they did or did not cut. Gameplay is important but so is story, and the story remains intact. Same emotional beats, same events occur, maybe a bit drier than Awakening, but the game remains the same regardless. The only reason I even bothered to get in on this discussion when it started out was because I knew Varuna and Iggy and whomever else was going to use this game, a game they've never played, as a basis for why Treehouse is terrible. I could really give a damn about Treehouse, I just didn't want people tearing down a fun game because they don't like the bits and pieces people on the Internet told them wasn't like the Japanese version. I wanted to provide context.

I don't mind if people say what they want to say regarding the game, however, I find it strange as to why people have been joining the Den JUST to argue with us, a community that centers on an entirely different franchise, for no reason. How they even knew we were having this discussion in the first place is beyond me. They didn't care enough about Dragon Quest to join for a nice conversation about that franchise, but they cared enough about Fire Emblem's localization to join and argue it with us. I doubt the new members will be sticking around after this conversation ends.

I guess I don't want people to "have their way" because they're being incredibly rude to other members to hammer their point home. The discussion was actually a lot calmer and rational for the first 2-3 pages.

Edited by eal
  • Upvote 3

In regards to the "playing handheld, specifically pokemon in public is considered creepy"-thing.

dc79c98d6de1941eb054c693c27b9c85-pokemon

XSFYNOh.png

These are very wide spread comics and they hold a lot of truth. I think just because something has a cute artstyle, doesn't mean that it's only for children. If we are talking about video games have to grow up, then I'd say they've grown up a long time ago, it's just that the image of video games in the public and media doesn't reflect that yet. I'd put the blame primarily on our dear video games press, that keeps attacking gamers instead of defending them and keeps defending bad consumer practices instead of calling them out. They are just extended PR for publishers and have been so for a long time. If you want actual news around happenings in the industry you have to find yourself several niche publications that write about those.
  • Upvote 2

Calem was going on about how they made Effie "a dyke" but it was a piece of her personality that was there to begin with, just amplified.

I disagree. You can argue that it was "just" amplified, and I'll argue that it destroyed the rest of her character. She isn't shy anymore. Shy isn't soft spoken anymore. She's just this muscle packed giant that is constantly going on about food, bench pressing and her muscles. 

That's a really hurtful assumption you are making here. Why are consumers not allowed to criticize the game and advocate for a better game? Just because YOU don't care about the bad localization and specifically character changes, doesn't mean that everyone does. It also doesn't mean that everyone cares, but those that don't care can just skip the content, for those that DO actually care, this is lost forever (or until the fan translation is completed, but even then they have to wait and jump through hoops to actually get the experience they deserve in the first place).

A lot of their dialogue changes were better. 

*waggity* *waggity* *waggity*

Raaaawwwr, that means dragon for I love you!

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

Awesome dialog changes right there. So funny. Especially "..." made me bursting into tears. Great american trope of Assassins.

I just hope you actually looked through the imgur album and read the changed dialog to come to that conclusion and aren't just speaking from a point of "I don't care, because I didn't see anything wrong while playing it."

Edit:

I don't mind if people say what they want to say regarding the game, however, I find it strange as to why people have been joining the Den JUST to argue with us, a community that centers on an entirely different franchise, for no reason. How they even knew we were having this discussion in the first place is beyond me. They didn't care enough about Dragon Quest to join for a nice conversation about that franchise, but they cared enough about Fire Emblem's localization to join and argue it with us. I doubt the new members will be sticking around after this conversation ends.

I think one of your community members is also part of our community. He showed it some other guy that has been lurking your forum for some time without an account and this guy asked in our community if the guy with the account is currently online and could inform you guys about what is actually happening. Apparently he wasn't online. I responded and he replied to me something along the lines of "too bad, I hoped that veteran member was here and could inform them".

Also, I've came back to see what you guys kept talking and I even looked through the Joker forum and saw that there is a Joker3 in the works. I may stick around even longer. Isn't that how it goes? A topic on a discussion platform attracts users and they may like it and stick around for other topics? 

Also the last sentence isn't really true either. I noticed that you guys are tip toeing around this and constantly mention how a heated topic this is and how it's tearing apart the community. How about not taking stuff personally and keep discussing the topic without getting too emotional? You can keep your opinion about it. No one forces you to accept what others say. They just offer their opinion as well. This happened right from the OP and appeared on the second and third page as well. 

Edited by Calem
  • Upvote 3

Nope! I didn't have to read an imgur album. I actually played the game and laughed, especially when Kanna made told Corrin that she loves him in dragon! And Leo's line about Ellie acting like a child too. $#!% was hilarious. I'm looking forward to Beruka and Saizo's support conversations in Revelations when it comes out. They're both the strong silent type in their respective games so I wonder what they'll say to each other.

Just because the game has been changed doesn't make it better or worse. That's completely subjective. Personally I'd probably enjoy Fire Emblem a lot more if they just removed all the dialog, but I don't think that's the point. The point is a lot of changes made area drastically different to the original, and with a lot of them not being particularly offensive or foreign it's hard to understand why it was changed or removed.

Of course then the question becomes: "Why shouldn't Nintendo have the right to change their game however they want when selling it to a different audience?" I can't really answer that question, which is why I haven't really taken a side.

Edited by SlimeVagrant
  • Upvote 1

I've seen all your little pictures. I'll make a judgement when I see more than just the C-Rank support. If you want a captive audience go to Serenes Forest.

Interesting, I thought I was extremely polite... Oh well. 

Besides, where exactly was I irrational?

Gameplay is important but so is story, and the story remains intact.

Actually, the character personalities have been changed in the story too, e.g. Kamui in Ch 26. Besides this being odd to say when the character's personalities have been changed and they're part of the main story and all. E.g. Ryoma.

The only reason I even bothered to get in on this discussion when it started out was because I knew Varuna and Iggy and whomever else was going to use this game, a game they've never played, as a basis for why Treehouse is terrible.

Another interesting point, supposedly, if you didn't play the game, you can't criticize Treehouse and their so-called "translation"? How does that work? Since when do I have to play the game to be able to understand the dialogue and compare it with previous versions?

For me, the characters are part of the story, so they're just as important. With characters you can't even take seriously, I'm not able to enjoy a dramatic storyline like the one in FEF. 

They're right to criticize Treehouse, since they've proven to be terrible.

I could really give a damn about Treehouse, I just didn't want people tearing down a fun game because they don't like the bits and pieces people on the Internet told them wasn't like the Japanese version. I wanted to provide context.

Sorry to tell you but... The storyline is affected, so it's only a valid point to tear down the game because of that. We didn't talk about the gameplay at all, did we? That's because the gameplay remains the same. They don't have programmers capable of actually changing gameplay elements anyway, besides changing a bit of code (and doing it poorly, as seen by the remaining heart in the skinship minigame) to cut out things.

First you claim you would dislike the storyline to be affected, then you say you don't care about the localizer that is affecting it... 

Odd contradiction.

They didn't care enough about Dragon Quest to join for a nice conversation about that franchise, but they cared enough about Fire Emblem's localization to join and argue it with us. I doubt the new members will be sticking around after this conversation ends.

I was actually going to stick for the purpose of discussing the soon-to-be-localized DQ7. I've played DQ8 and I was thinking of getting DQ7 to get back into it.

Until...

http://webmshare.com/JrKgE

It's a joke, but I somehow feel it in my gut this'll be the new FEF.

Just because the game has been changed doesn't make it better or worse.

You're right, I discussed this too once. You said you don't care about dialogue but...

For anyone who cares. It's essentially:

Do you prefer a coloring book narrative or would you prefer something more complex? Do you prefer grammar mistakes/typos, or do you prefer none? Do you prefer jokes/memes that either no one knows about or die as references in weeks, or do you prefer the actual dialogue? Do you prefer to have every little bit of slightly controversial subjects (or perceived as such by the moral guardians at Treehouse) be gutted (e.g. they've actually deleted a joke like "Do you not love me because you're into men?"), or do you prefer diversity of subjects (falling back to complexity here).

Do you prefer deep characters, or do you prefer one-dimensional characters?

If you prefer the second option, you'll like the FEF localization. There's nothing else to say, really. 

If you prefer the first option, you won't like it. And that's pretty much it.

Edited by Immahnoob