Sign in to follow this  
DranzerX13

Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken DVD Project

I have all the Japanese VHS tapes of Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken, and have converted them to DVD, now this is where my project comes in. My plans are revamping the episodes like this...

Episodes 1-4 already have OP > Part A > Eyecatch > Part B > ED.

Episoses 5+ are like this...

Episose 5: OP > Episode 5 > Episode 6 (recap missing, a small scene with lightning crashing down after missing eyecatch) > ED.

I have the Chinese version streams as reference, so I can place the eyecatches where they actually go in eps 5+.

I'm going to fix all these issues, re-convert to vob, use DVD authoring software and add English subtitles. I will have my releases on Asian DVD Club. I should have the first 4 episodes in .iso DVD volume by the end of March. This is for FREE for fans by fans.

Edited by DranzerX13
  • Upvote 1

Ooh, nice. But one question remains: will they have subs?

^

I'm going to fix all these issues, re-convert to vob, use DVD authoring software and add English subtitles. 

MARIOSMENTOR

I forgot you lived in Moses Lake.

I was there all week until today.

Does anyone here have and use DVD authoring tools? If any of you want to help with the DVD menus and such, I'd appreciate it.

I no longer have the software I used to use, but it was freeware that I can download again. If you PM me, I'd be glad to help you out assuming I can find the time. (Unfortunately that's one resource that keeps slipping from me...)

Still waiting to get the next episode previews translated, then I can get going on the DVD authoring process.

This sounds pretty cool. Good luck!