Sign in to follow this  
Tiael

Nintendo Direct tomorrow, 3/3/2016

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Look it up.

It's basically a turn-based RPG set in modern Tokyo with a j-pop idol flavor with redesigned Fire Emblem characters as the "Personas" basically.

Wii-U.

Interest level zero.

This Direct was for games releasing through summer 2016, they wouldn't have shown if it wasn't going to be within that timeframe.

It could be a DQVI DS situation, release date was announced 3 months before it came out.

And keep in mind, technically summer runs through mid-late September. XD

They're probably only focusing on marketing one big 3DS JRPG at a time, and Bravely Second is next month for NA.

I'm positive we will hear more after that.

Edited by Tiael

Oh, that's true, I guess; I forgot they specified that the games were from now up until summer.

Phew! Thanks Tiael, I'm less worried about VII being delayed now. :D

When I checked the 'what's new' section for 3ds in the nintendo website, it still says summer 2016, so we might get it on july or august? Then again, I'm pissed and depressed that its delayed.

This Direct was for games releasing through summer 2016, they wouldn't have shown if it wasn't going to be within that timeframe.

It could be a DQVI DS situation, release date was announced 3 months before it came out.

And keep in mind, technically summer runs through mid-late September. XD

They're probably only focusing on marketing one big 3DS JRPG at a time, and Bravely Second is next month for NA.

I'm positive we will hear more after that.

That leaves... what, May's Direct to discuss DQ7?

I think it's more likely that Nintendo simply didn't start work on the game until roughly around the time it was announced last year. What we're seeing is a delay because no one can release a project on time anymore they need time.

It's looking rather likely DQ8 isn't going to release this year. I don't think Nintendo would be very wise to release DQ7 in (possibly) September, their own Pokemon game in October/November (if there's a delay), and... DQ8 in December. It'd just set up DQ8 for failure.

I still think DQVIII is a possibility, I was predicting fall/holiday 2016 anyways even when they announced it.

Not the first time they'd set a DQ game up for failure, though I'd like to think DQ is it's own separate niche, those interested in it will buy it, and depending on the amount of marketing/promotion Nintendo does, others as well.

And it's not necessarily a delay, summer hasn't even started yet and it does go through September.

Later this year I find implies later after the Direct, everything is later than that now.

I think we may see it in August.

Edited by Tiael

I don't know how the people who manage the NoA Twitter keep their sanity, the Torrential Downpour idiots replying to the tweets about DQVII will not shut up about how Nintendo is doing a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thing by giving the remake a new translation.

It was a neat direct, but like the rest of you, I was disappointed that we didn't get a release date for DQ7.

I don't know how the people who manage the NoA Twitter keep their sanity, the Torrential Downpour idiots replying to the tweets about DQVII will not shut up about how Nintendo is doing a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thing by giving the remake a new translation.

Nintendo isn't handling the localization. It'll likely be in the good hands of Plus Alpha or Shloc Ltd. Plus with DQ being produced with general audiences in mind, there's no need to worry about Treehouse's unfortunate turn.

Edited by Dwaine

Are people daft?

There was no chance in hell it was gonna reuse the PS1 localization.

They've been using a certain style since 2005 and of course it's going to get a new translation, whether Nintendo publishes it or not.

Anyways, box-art.

6ujTxYH.jpg

Edited by Tiael
  • Upvote 1

Baaaaaad logo

I see they've left Keifer's hand directly up the Hero's ass.  I was kind of hoping they'd change that.

Considering the last two Nintendo published titles (DQIX and DQVI) lacked the sword in the T as well, not surprised.

I see they've left Keifer's hand directly up the Hero's ass.  I was kind of hoping they'd change that.

Gotta give Auster a thrill.

The whole scene is just bizarre.  Melvin can't watch as the mischievous prince pulls an awful prank.  Maribel thinks it's funny and Gabo can't look away. 

All the while Aira is thinking "I can't believe that boy is my ancestor..."

I kinda like it, glad it's the same box-art aside from logo as the JP version.

The obnoxious gold outline of the logo is annoying to the eyes, but it's fine I guess.

I'm surprised they did use the same art, as I figured they'd change it like with all the DS games.

The obnoxious gold outline of the logo is annoying to the eyes, but it's fine I guess.

I'm surprised they did use the same art, as I figured they'd change it like with all the DS games.

Eh, it didn't bother me with DQIX.

The sword being gone for good is more bothersome, though I've come to accept it.

Are people daft?

No, just gun-shy because two prominent RPGs published by Nintendo in the past two months have sported bad localizations and censored content. Bravely Second is more worrisome, because it has content cut from the game, which effects the ending.

• Upvote 1

Didn't the US logo have a sword in the last direct?

Are people daft?

No, just gun-shy because two prominent RPGs published by Nintendo in the past two months have sported bad localizations and censored content. Bravely Second is more worrisome, because it has content cut from the game, which effects the ending.

Some side-quest branching paths (and you'd be playing the game 2-4 times to see it all) from what I hear, which doesn't really affect the ending.

It's a shame it had to happen though, but Binari Sonori/Treehouse isn't handling DQVII.

Didn't the US logo have a sword in the last direct?

Yeah, but then they looked at DQIX and DQVI DS and were like oops, gotta fix that.

Edited by Tiael

It's a shame it had to happen though, but Binari Sonori/Treehouse isn't handling DQVII.

True, but when it's all coming from the same publisher, you can see why they would be concerned - right or not.

And considering they took out like the "bad" sidequests paths where characters die, except some are still intact.

Instead of 4 separate paths there's 2 or 3.

I don't know what the hell they did, I don't think they do either.

DQVII in general is a rather depressing game and has a lot of dark and death, they'd be cutting out pretty much the entirety of the game if they did that.
You can't just lighten Falrish/Falrod up, or Loomin, there's no ways around it.

Plus you'd be missing shards if they just cut things like that out.

I can see why people are bothered by it, but the game would be receiving a new translation anyways, even if there was no FEF or BS.

I'm not going to jump the gun and insult or threaten Nintendo for it.

And Aira isn't censored on the box-art, cleavage and skin is intact.

Mage outfit looks intact too. Good signs? Shrugs.

Edited by Tiael

Geez, they really have made some changes to the Bravely games, haven't they?

Ah well, I'm not interested in them, so no skin off my nose, as a certain bandit would say.

• Upvote 1

I see they've left Keifer's hand directly up the Hero's ass. I was kind of hoping they'd change that.

Oh my god, I own the Japanese version, and even after having it displayed with my DQ stuff for almost a year, I never noticed that. :o I'm laughing so hard now!

Edited by gooieooie