Okay look maybe I'm never gonna stop making topics, but it's fun to talk about Dragon Quest okay. Anyway, anyone else hoping the next game is a part of IX, VIII, or VII in some way. I know it looks like it will be connected to the Erdrick Saga but that already has three games main games. I mean 9,8,7 aren't in a trilogy like the others. It would be cool if the next three or so games connected to 7, 8, 9. I think it would be cool if all Dragon Quest games were connected to at least one other game in

the series. Then with each release of the games it would be cool to theorize which game its connected to.

There used to be a huge discussion here about this, but it got zapped at some point.

Here's the one that replaced it:  http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31471

You beat me to sharing that.

Better get that "badge" ready, Platty.

• Upvote 1

I honestly don't think it's necessary. 7-9 each worked well as stand alone stories, and I just don't feel that a sequel/prequel to any of them would add much. The first trilogy was centered around Erdrick and his descendants, while the second is connected by Zenithia. If there is a worthwhile reason to continue a story, one that will expand the world, then I'm all for it, but they shouldn't make a sequel just for the sake of it.

Hey, I'm the guy that made the topic Yangus linked to. I thought I'd update my crazy theory here:

I said that Yggdrasil leaves were nonexistent in DQ5, but apparently, I was wrong. The only game this notably affects is DQ9, which now belongs at the very end of the timeline, after DQ7.

Joker 3 was announced, and the hero from Joker 1 makes a return appearance, albeit a bit older. It belongs between Joker 2 and DQ5.

Dragon Quest Builders takes place sometime after DQ1, in an alternate reality, but anyone could've told you that.

Yep, that sums up all my modifications, until DQ11 comes out.

Well DQ8 had some focus on the Dragovians so maybe they could make a sequel revolving around that. Then a prequel revolving around how Rhapthorne originally tried to take over the world, it could feature the Dark World and the original Seven Sages. I think that's something pretty worthwhile to make a trilogy of. But 7 and 9 I don't think they should make a sequel to.