DQ Heroes II protagonists revealed

CZzuejDUkAA4aEm_thumb.jpg

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/01/28/dragon-quest-heroes-iis-male-female-protagonists-revealed/

The female protagonist is shown with purple hair, named Theresia.

She's actually the cousin of the male protagonist Razel. She's a proper girl who usually puts Razel in his place.

Like Theresia, the male protagonist Razel is also from the land of Jaiwall. Unlike his cousin, he's more of a hot-headed character. The guy on the bottom-left is Cesar. He's the prince of Jaiwall and is the protagonist's childhood friend. Orneze, on the bottom right, is a soldier who works under King Zevion. She's known for fighting with her giant axe.

• Upvote 3

I like the two new protagonists designs.

Not your usual Toriyama-fare.

But again I didn't find the DQVII Hero or Gabo and some other characters he's done his typical designs either.

Also that red-head with the giant axe, hnng.

• Upvote 1

If I know childhood friend characters, there will be a "will they/won't they" between Razel and Cesar...

It's actually kind of surprising to see a male prince and childhood friend and a female warrior in something Japanese. I know it's semi-common in Dragon Quest in general but I'm more used to seeing their roles gender-swapped in Japanese media.

And it looks like they all have different weapon styles (and thus different movesets) this time!  :)

• Upvote 1

Huh. Looks like a good new bunch, though that purple cape of Cesar's just makes me think of DQV's protagonist.

I like them a lot more than the original Heroes protagonists. Cesar and Orneze look fantastic in my opinion. I love both designs. 

The new main characters look like the protagonists from Star Ocean 5, don't they?  :P

Apparently this scan didn't go through earlier, shows the King.CZzuejAUcAAypEb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Tiael

The king kinda looks like an a average DQ King but he has a charm to him so I like him. Looking at the protagonists tho, .... They look weird but I've warming up to them.

• Upvote 1

Apparently this scan didn't go through earlier, shows the King.CZzuejAUcAAypEb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

omg I love that slime with dual swords!

*casts morph*

Edited by SlimeVagrant

Very nice scan! I love the new looking heroes. I'm glad the two heroes are somewhat varied in weapon style; however I will miss the other 4 original characters, I hope we at least get some reference to them. I liked Lucius & Auora I thought they were interesting characters espespecially since they broke their silence and were allowed to have personalities. I will really miss Isla and Doric, they were really interesting characters too, but I look forward to the new playable characters.

I would really like to see Deborah, Ragnar, Torneko, Kiefer, Meena, and Angelo.

Edited by Madrigal

I just hope the DQ3 hero will be playable.

:))

I hope ANY of the Dragon Quest Heroes are playable.

I mean it's kinda the title of the game...

Spotted those 2 dq6 characters. Tok bad no Terry.

The one is Maribel from DQVII, and Carver from DQVI.

You can also see Kiryl from DQIV, so it seems he is returning.

Hopefully the rest do as well.

Wait, I thought all the DQ characters from Heroes 1 (excluding the 4 new main characters) were going to return alongside new faces from the series...