Updating the Dq4 DS section wouldn't hurt

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to make the title not sound like I'm being sarcastic. It's just that it isn't really the top priority for a suggestion (this is where I'm supposed to post this, right?) when Heroes is out and Dragon Geo's construction is continuing (DGeo is awesome, by the way). It probably should be done, but it can definitely be put on the backburner to be completed some other time.

For what exactly can be added, the weapons, armour and monsters databases are missing a few things. Amongst other things, no pieces of equipment have a buy or sell price; the characters that are capable of equipping said equipment are blank; all monsters have an agility of zero; item drops are listed, but not their drop rates; and a couple of sprites are missing, such as the tournament opponents like Atilla the Hunk.

I hope this doesn't inconvenience anyone too much. Thank you!

If you are able to supply any of that data or point us to where it can be easily found, we can certainly get that stuff added. 

Do you know if those tournament fighters are in the Big Book of Beasts?  If not, that is probably why we don't have them listed.  In that case, I may have to go through my screenshot archive and see if I have them.

Suggestions are always welcome and this is certainly the right place.

Yes, any data provided would be a great help :)

I might have screenshots of the arena fighters on my iPad. The sprites should be identical, so the version difference shouldn't be a problem.

While we're at it, someone should update the MP3 for the song "Finale" in the DS version of the soundtrack. It caps off at around 3:30 (3 minutes and 30 seconds) but the song is clearly longer than that going off the current MP3 file and from other versions of 4's soundtrack.

Just throwing that out there.

• Upvote 1

And we need the DW4NES version of "Finale", too. The English version has a slower, longer version of the track but I believe we have the Japanese version only.

Hmm, just scoured my image archive.  Looks like I only took a snapshot of Prima Donna:

Prima_Donna.png

Hmmm, now why would I not have been as interested in Quick Draw McGore or Samson Knight?

Not that one. I'm using my Vita's internet, which can't copy and paste, so I can't link to it, but it's stickied in the General Dragon Quest section and is titled something along the lines of '4_6 bestiaries translated and informatio'. I remember that 'information' is spelled as 'informatio'. 

Ahh, I guess that would be this topic.  Yep, looks like the Google Docs linked have much more information.  Although lots of the data are provided in tabular format, I'm not sure it is provided in a way that could be automatically parsed and ingested to Woodus' DB.  We might need someone to take a bit of time and reformat it for import.  What do you think Woodus? Is this something you can work with easily?

Wow, I don't remember that topic at all. It isn't very usable as it stands, and it doesn't come into excel at all for a column/row type format. I will see if there is anything I can do to get it into an importable format.

Hoo baby, I'm been trying various conversions to see if I can get it into a manageable format, but those tables do not play nice. I've converted it to HTML and Excel and here are both results. If no one else has started, I may start manually formatting the excel spreadsheet I have and merge it into one tab instead of the 70 that it currently has. 

4yKAL9J.png

I think I was able to get it, i got it into Excel where it would list all the data down in column A, then I wrote an AutoIt script to cut/paste each cell across into a row (since each set of data was like 25 rows). I am missing some book numbers and need to go back to the source file for them, but other than that I think I am good.

2016-01-25 14_30_22-New notification.png

• Upvote 1

Here is the XLSX file if anyone wants to check it out

http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dq4ds/dq4ds_monster_info.xlsx

Is there a reason the they are out of order according to the book no column, until around 34?

I'm not sure if the number is wrong or they are actually out of order.

Edited by Bururian

I can sort them back in order, I just didn't until I get the missing book numbers added back in.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed a couple more sprites that were missing: those of the float-o-copier. People started working on them over at http://www.woodus.com/forums/?showtopic=14904. The sprites themselves are available except for Psaro and the female heroine. The animations were never finished, but there aren't any monster entries on the site that their own animations so they don't really matter. 

Edited by Rainbowkirby749