I just checked Amazon, and 2 months or so after the announcement, DQ7 is ranked the #7 best selling 3DS game (pre-orders for sure). DQ8 is at #10.

Does anyone think the Cartman ideal of "You can't come" drove up demand? I mean its no Fallout 4 sales number, but it seems like nothing to sniff at.

• Upvote 4

What was it I said earlier this week? Oh, that's right:

DQ BE TRENDIN', YA'LL!

(Seriously though, that's pretty sweet both games are on the Top 10 list. Hopefully that's a good sign!)

That is good news to hear.
I'm hoping Nintendo is going to push the games more in their upcoming directs. They need to push it, have Reggie do something Dragon Quest related. Just little things like that gain attention to a game. Let everyone know they have faith in the series, like they did with IX. It was the first Dragon Quest to push 1 million units in the west, and I feel Nintendo promoting it what lead to that.
Try to get it even higher on that list.

When DQ VII comes out that will be the day I buy my DS

That must be some DS if it has the capabilities to play a 3DS game.

• Upvote 1

Wow! That's pleasantly surprising, I never thought I'd see Dragon Quest on any best selling list outside of Japan. I cannot wait for VII to come out. It is the DQ game I have the least knowledge of by far and cannot wait to see what it has to offer.

Edit: I checked amazon just now and VII was at #6 and VIII was at #9 so hey even better.

Edited by SlimeVagrant
  • Upvote 1

You know just how to make a guy smile.  That's fantastic news.

Don't know if any of you saw this news too.

Amazon Prime members now get 20% off physical video game copies when pre-ordered or within the first 2 weeks of release! I've been a Prime member for years. Excited for this! That's $16 off my DQ orders!

• Upvote 1

Is it possible to preorder through the Den's aStore?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Not sure if preorders count or not, but here is a link that has the Den's code in it, so if it does count, yay :overjoyed2:

Dragon Quest VII on Amazon

I did add the DQ7, DQ7 (digital code), and DQ8 to the aStore as well

Not sure if preorders count or not, but here is a link that has the Den's code in it, so if it does count, yay :overjoyed2:

Nice, but already pre-ordered though.  If I'm in a financial windfall soon, I'll be more than happy to preorder a few more copies through the den link.

Where is Platty in all this, shouldn't there be a pre-order contest? ;)

• Upvote 2

I don't usually preorder games but I can make an exception for Dragon Quest :P

• Upvote 1

That's what I've been wondering too. I just need to figure out how my pre-orders count since they were both a gift...

I ended up buying three copies of DQ V through the aStore for Christmas Presents this year. They were all very well received.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I have to pay of my n3DS Pokemon bundle preorder 1st but I'll preorder any DQ and be Day 1 for any DQ to show support. Fav series of all time although I've put more time into Pokemon

Cool, thanks for buying things thru here for Amazon, keeps me in good standing with my wife :)

• Upvote 2

I haven't seen him around much.

Screw where's waldo...this is a Dragon Quest board...it's all about, "Where's that damn run-a-holic, EXP-pinata, goofy-taunt-smilin', dodge-a-holic, uber defensive, sarcastic-ridden, joke-a-holic, elusive Platinum bodied slime?"

I say we start a contest, call it "Where's Platty?"

Edited by ignasia7

Screw where's waldo...this is a Dragon Quest board...it's all about, "Where's that damn run-a-holic, EXP-pinata, goofy-taunt-smilin', dodge-a-holic, uber defensive, elusive Platinum bodied slime?"

I was going to take exception to the Platinum blond comment as it's 100% natural.

Then I reread "Platinum bodied".

I'll just run-a-holic outta here.

Edited by Plattym3

Screw where's waldo...this is a Dragon Quest board...it's all about, "Where's that damn run-a-holic, EXP-pinata, goofy-taunt-smilin', dodge-a-holic, uber defensive, elusive Platinum bodied slime?"

I was going to take exception to the Platinum blond comment as it's 100% natural.

Then I reread "Platinum bodied".

I'll just run-a-holic outta here.

Aha!

Post count hammer activated, critical rate 38.5%!

*Swings...Misses!*

I'll get you next time my elusive friend!  Thy posting exp shall be mine!

Edited by ignasia7