Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Contest #142 - Westy's #BragYourDQSwag VOTING

Who's collections are cool?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, it's all here.  PLEASE be kind and click on the links for those that submitted links.  This was kinda a bear to compile into a single post and I want all that participated to get full credit for all they did.  Linking the Den and Twitter wasn't a perfect union, but between pics submitted here and pictures on Twitter as well as links to Tweets, I think I got everyone.  Westy helped to double check I have all submissions here.  So here we go.  Vote for as many submissions as you like and We'll get a top 4 or top 8 or so together and have a VOTE TO THE DEATH   :evillaugh:  , or maybe something lighter and happier like a fan favorite voting    :overjoyed2:

And... From Westy:

Goo-reat job, everybody! That's more unique DQ swag than I knew even existed! Now it's time to vote for your favorite DQ swag collection.  What's your voting style?  By size, by unique quality of items?  It's all up to goo!

•  

Submission #1 - Bururian

Image one is the carboard box era. I'm still working on getting the boxes for some of the games.

Image 2 is all my other games.

Image 3 is all the weird swag stuff I have.

CUjT0LlUwAA2Ryn.jpg

CUjT0MzUYAUEjkT.jpg

CUjT0UnUwAE_1kw.jpg

Submission #2 - Cain

Here's my stuff.  There's one or two things missing that I couldn't dig up.  One is a DQVIII poster from the Slime Knights days.  I'm also missing another shirt.

IMG_20151124_230938.jpg

Submission #3 - Soera

All right, here we go!

DQblanket_zps1ycagadg.jpeg

DQWest1_zps2gho5fca.jpeg

DQWest2_zpsnommra6l.jpeg

Submission #4 - geminate

sml_gallery_6911_15_856400.jpg
Most of my toys, all of my special edition systems (PS4, 3DS, 3DS-LL, Wii, Wii U), and many other miscellaneous items. View High Resolution Image

sml_gallery_6911_15_839607.jpg
All of my games, some comics, small toys, travel door mat, etc. I own every American game and every Japanese game except for DQ1 on MSX2. I own every American strategy guide. View High Resolution Image

sml_gallery_6911_15_7619.jpg

Shirts, board game, handheld systems, PS4, etc. View High Resolution Image

Submission #5 - Liamland

Submission #6 - Woodus

Submission #8 - LordRoto

post-6865-0-84096500-1449609313_thumb.jp

As I said on Twitter, sorry for the crappy quality, and I'm missing a lot of items since I'm still moving in.

Submission #9 - knighTeen87

sign.jpg

Submission #10 - Anrui Ukimi

Okay, I was forced to tack a bunch of photos together to pull this off. xD One or two shots of these are recycled from a previous contest here, but most of my stuff is in storage. I've tried to include at least one shot of my user name in each compilation. xD;; This isn't everything, but it's at least a large majority of it.  :)

dKsBmlI.jpg

W13lVUT.jpg

2fA5idR.jpg

Submission #11 - YangustheLegendaryBandit

Submission #12 - Chanticleer Hegemony

Click on the link to see the collection!

https://twitter.com/CureYuusha/status/669377542407761922

Edited by Plattym3

Goo-reetings Questers!  I noticed Platty mentioned that Chanticleer Hegemony's Twitter is currently setup with privacy settings, so you may not be able to see his contest entry.  I ask that you please do not hold that against him in the voting.  I've contacted him to help resolve it.  Thanks, all!

• Upvote 1

Goo-reetings Questers!  I noticed Platty mentioned that Chanticleer Hegemony's Twitter is currently setup with privacy settings, so you may not be able to see his contest entry.  I ask that you please do not hold that against him in the voting.  I've contacted him to help resolve it.  Thanks, all!

Thanks for the help, Westy.  It's all good now!

• Upvote 1

Hey Soera, is that a blanket with all the Japanese DQ game covers, in your first pic, or a bedspread?  Where did you get that?!

Edited by Liamland

Voted Soera, geminate, mjhopkins81, and Westy.

Mine's not even all that great, anyway. I must acquire more DQ merch.

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony
  • Upvote 1

Hey Soera, is that a blanket with all the Japanese DQ game covers, in your first pic, or a bedspread?  Where did you get that?!

It is a blanket, yes. I had it made thanks to the help of mjhopkins81. :)

Well, I hope mjhopkins81 sees this and spills the beans on how he was able to make that.  Pretty impressive.

Edited by Liamland

Voted! Everyone has wonderful stuff! I'm going to try and calm it down this year, but I know me. xD

(ok, this is attempt 3 at this post, I keep clicking on your photos one last time and they take me away and I restart.  Yes, even though I know I shouldn't, those photos are so cool!)

Westy and I got to talking over the phone this weekend (he's up north now if you haven't noticed) and we decided to go Top 3 on this contest for badges.  No new voting needed.  Well, lo and behold we have a tie at #3, so Top 4 it is!

Westy also wanted me to pass along this, as his data is up for the month and roaming charges are a pain:

On behalf of all slime-kind, I wanted to say thank you and goo-reat job to everybody who supported the #BragYourDQswag contest!

And the winners are:
#1 - Soera - I think your awesome blanket smothered the competition!
#2 - Anrui Ukimi - stretched the limits of "3 pictures" and it paid off!
#3 - geminate - loved the slime tower picture!
#3 - Bururian - and Westy wants to remind you that his cousin in the plastic bag can't breathe...

In a departure, I want to leave this topic open for congrats or comments or questions.

Here's the final voting results:

2ywe1l5.png

So did we decide if everyone gets a participant badge?

Congrats to the winners, by the way. You all had some great DQ collections.

It's kind of surprising how different all of our collections are when you look at them side by side!

So did we decide if everyone gets a participant badge?

We did.  They don't. (sorry) Provided some rationale in the previous topic.

Congratulations winners!  Even though I didn't win, it was still awesome to see all the different swag everybody had.

I hate to be a wet blanket (pun intended), but Soera's DQ blanket is actually my design that I had commissioned and my artist and I allowed him to order. No bitterness, honestly, but I thought I should point that out.

I hate to be a wet blanket (pun intended), but Soera's DQ blanket is actually my design that I had commissioned and my artist and I allowed him to order. No bitterness, honestly, but I thought I should point that out.

I think Soera gave you credit for it above and a couple of people wanted to know how you had it made.

• Upvote 2

I think Soera gave you credit for it above and a couple of people wanted to know how you had it made.

Yep. We even hoped you'd come and post about it. Do you and your artist sell these or was it one time thing?

Hey Soera, is that a blanket with all the Japanese DQ game covers, in your first pic, or a bedspread? Where did you get that?!

It is a blanket, yes. I had it made thanks to the help of mjhopkins81. :)

Credit.

Well, I hope mjhopkins81 sees this and spills the beans on how he was able to make that. Pretty impressive.

Hope.

Sorry - I was making a joke, and it was apparently more of a bon mot.

At any rate, neither my artist, nor I, sell the blankets, primarily because of copyright and trademark considerations.  I told him the design I wanted, and he put it together.  I'm actually commissioning him to design a full bedding set for me, as well, with sheets, pillowcases, and a blanket.

I did, however, give Soera the design link so he could order it for himself.

• Upvote 2

Yep! It's being designed around Loto's Seal. I wanted something that looked a bit less like a small child sleeps in my bed. Lol

Congrats to everyone who entered.

• Upvote 2

Darn it, Soera! Heck, I even gave you a few of the items in those pictures~ :P

I kid, I kid, congratulations, Soera! <3

• Upvote 3

Darn it, Soera! Heck, I even gave you a few of the items in those pictures~ :P

I kid, I kid, congratulations, Soera! <3

Hah you did! I actually expected you to beat me. Your collection is ridiculously impressive. :)

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this