Sign in to follow this  
addamay123

Just a Level 55 Grotto

Ok, so I just found a level 55 treasure map from a level 86 one. No big deal, I only kept it because I had no grottoes left.

So I enter, and I immediately see that wishmasters and cosmic chimeras are spawning. I was a little caught off guard since you know, this grotto is level 55. I assumed it would have fewer than 10 levels because of the level algorithm.

Level 10, I start seeing slionhearts. I'm thinking, "what the hell is this doing in a level 55 grotto!?"

Level 13, already past my expectations of the amount of floors, I start to see widow's piques and wonder wyrtles, which I have NEVER seen before even in higher level grottoes. My team still hasn't finished capping after their latest revocation and I'm a little scared. (though on the bright side I got two adjacent chests purely by chance)

Anyway, the 13th level was the final floor and I descended into the boss floor.

I walked up to the boss

approached it on its stage

and it was

freakin

Equinox

in a level 55 grotto.

I just thought I'd share my grotto in experience from hell.

• Upvote 2

Equinox seems to be the big troll of DQIX grottos.

Sent from my Nexus 6

What's the map's title?

Trolled by a map...

Trolled by a map...

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY]

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

What's the map's title?

Emerald Nest of Doubt Lv. 55, map details at http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/grottodetails.php?map=C97AA3

Definitely a troll map, wow.

I know I have a fire one that starts with Metal KIng Slimes in it, is 15 floors deep and has Shogum at the end. I'll go look it up, it's actually one of my favorite maps.

Edit: Ruby World of Joy Lv. 70

http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/grottodetails.php?map=DD06C4

Now I'm wanting to grotto hunt again.

Edited by Stepchan

What's the map's title?

Emerald Nest of Doubt Lv. 55, map details at http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/grottodetails.php?map=C97AA3

Definitely a troll map, wow.

I know I have a fire one that starts with Metal KIng Slimes in it, is 15 floors deep and has Shogum at the end. I'll go look it up, it's actually one of my favorite maps.

Edit: Ruby World of Joy Lv. 70

http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/grottodetails.php?map=DD06C4

Now I'm wanting to grotto hunt again.

Whoa, thanks man. I'm gonna check it out.

• Upvote 1

It was my first S rank map(also the only map I have with 5 S rank chests). If I'm level grinding, it's the one I go to(I lack a Masayuki type of map).

Edited by Stepchan

It was my first S rank map(also the only map I have with 5 S rank chests). If I'm level grinding, it's the one I go to(I lack a Masayuki type of map).

I have a few S ranks on my main game, since that's just what happens when you grind and grind and grind, but I did check out the super special maps on my edit character and tbh they're really not all they're hyped up to be. It's a lot more enjoyable to find and use your own.

I have a few S ranks on my main game, since that's just what happens when you grind and grind and grind, but I did check out the super special maps on my edit character and tbh they're really not all they're hyped up to be. It's a lot more enjoyable to find and use your own.

I have gotten special floor maps before, all but one so far had a empty floor. The one special floor I have that isn't empty is a Gem Jamboree floor(Which I never knew was possible). I mentioned it in a different thread on here, so I'm going to check out which one it was.

Edit: Bronze Crypt of Evil lv. 83

http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/grottodetails.php?map=C9447E

As I previously stated, I never knew Gem Jamborees were possible for special floors before that happened.

Edited by Stepchan

lord it happened again.

Steel Tundra of Woe Lv. 59

on the maps not given to me, most of them have been Equinox as the boss.

If anyone has an NDS adaptor and you can rip your save file, I'd love to trade maps.  I'll take the "troll" or gem jamboree map for my all-MKS floor map that I discovered last April.

Here's my map info:

Emerald Path of Fear | Level 84 | Discovered by Riamu | Location: East of Stornway castle | Type: Grotto | Notes: MKS-only, floor 11. Discovered by Liamland of NYC Tag Mode Tuesday

Edited by Liamland

If anyone has an NDS adaptor and you can rip your save file, I'd love to trade maps.  I'll take the "troll" or gem jamboree map for my all-MKS floor map that I discovered last April.

Here's my map info:

Emerald Path of Fear | Level 84 | Discovered by Riamu | Location: East of Stornway castle | Type: Grotto | Notes: MKS-only, floor 11. Discovered by Liamland of NYC Tag Mode Tuesday

I might be able to pass my maps over to a save file on a rom on my flash cart that I could probably send to you.

Here's my map info:

I have an adaptor, but wouldn't all you need be the grotto ID? I don't really see a reason for trading the whole save file.