Etrian Odyssey Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I was mid 50s when fighting the boss. You are using the EXP accessory from the DLC, so that's probably why you're so much higher in levels.

Good luck with the 5th Stratum, and remember: don't pet the squirrels.

Oh, it's most definitely why I'm over leveled!  Yeah, I've recalled your advice.  Any battle with them is a 1-round affair as I use every skill possible to end that ASAP!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Squirrels ruin outside life here where I live, chewing up playground equipment and car parts.  Hell, there are so many running all over, they ruin inside life too because the damn dog hardly ever stop

My current party is as follows: Coop - Protector Mini - Landsknecht Angelo - Survivalist Jessica - Dark Hunter Nynaveve - Medic So far the party has worked out well and I

Well, maybe I won't have enough time to buy 2. Still, after playing the demos, I'm looking forward to it!   That and Yangus' passion for the series is charming and gets me hyped. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Oh, it's most definitely why I'm over leveled!  Yeah, I've recalled your advice.  Any battle with them is a 1-round affair as I use every skill possible to end that ASAP!

Those aren't the squirrels I'm talking about. You'll know which one I mean soon enough.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I'm fully aware of those infernal rodents. Thought it would eventually turn into something like that hedgehog in stratum 1. Jokes on you squirrel. I just use Warp

23 minutes ago, jay said:

I'm fully aware of those infernal rodents. Thought it would eventually turn into something like that hedgehog in stratum 1. Jokes on you squirrel. I just use Warp

Sounds like you're talking about Etrian Untold 2 and the hedgehog you can keep helping and you go through the floors of the Ancient Forest. The thread stealing squirrel was only in the first Stratum of the original Etrian 2, but the Untold remake threw him into each Stratum (excluding the 6th).

Anyway Platty, the squirrels your talking about in the 5th Stratum aren't the difficult encounter ones I mentioned a page or so ago. The ones I was referring to then are behind the locked door in the 2nd Stratum, being fire elemental. The Ice ones in the 5th Stratum aren't near as bad.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Sounds like you're talking about Etrian Untold 2 and the hedgehog you can keep helping and you go through the floors of the Ancient Forest. The thread stealing squirrel was only in the first Stratum of the original Etrian 2, but the Untold remake threw him into each Stratum (excluding the 6th).

Anyway Platty, the squirrels your talking about in the 5th Stratum aren't the difficult encounter ones I mentioned a page or so ago. The ones I was referring to then are behind the locked door in the 2nd Stratum, being fire elemental. The Ice ones in the 5th Stratum aren't near as bad.

Oh...Jeez Atlus, gotta ruin squirrels

They really need to make a squirrel super boss.

12 hours ago, jay said:

Oh...Jeez Atlus, gotta ruin squirrels

Squirrels ruin outside life here where I live, chewing up playground equipment and car parts.  Hell, there are so many running all over, they ruin inside life too because the damn dog hardly ever stops barking at them! 

Atlus didn't ruin squirrels. Squirrels ruined squirrels. 

• Upvote 2

The EO development team talked a bit more about the new Etrian game they are making for the 3DS. It's the last planned game for the system, is apparently going to feature so much map making you'll be sick of it, and IS NOT going to be Etrian Untold 3.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/15/new-etrian-odyssey-game-thats-not-etrian-odyssey-3-untold-development-3ds/

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The EO development team talked a bit more about the new Etrian game they are making for the 3DS. It's the last planned game for the system, is apparently going to feature so much map making you'll be sick of it, and IS NOT going to be Etrian Untold 3.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/15/new-etrian-odyssey-game-thats-not-etrian-odyssey-3-untold-development-3ds/

3 predictions here:

1. It's Etrian Odyssey 6 (or Etrian Odyssey Final, Final Odyssey?)

2. It uses stratums from all the other games, perhaps bonus stratums that could take it to 100 levels or so.

3. It could use a random floor generator for the bonus dungeon leaving you wandering through a 100-level bonus area.

It's not going to be the last game of the entire franchise. Just the last game for the 3DS system.

8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

final oDySs3y

:laugh:

Perfect.

Edit: Just realized you snuck a 3 in there.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Almost done! Up to floor 29. Got more than half mapped. 2 bosses & 1 floor more!

Be careful on the 30th floor. If you aren't careful you'll get the same shitty ending I got without meaning to. It was very anti-climatic despite the cool cutscene that followed the replay of the credits.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Stepped away from the final final battle for a while. I'm sure my Twinsie will remind me to get back to it some day. Great game!

I don't blame you for stepping away from the superboss for awhile. It puts up a tough fight. Took me way to many tries to beat it.

Maybe by the time you get back to it Tiael and Zahan will be at the superboss as well. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I know I'm a little late to the party, but I made it to the second floor today. It's weird not having my typical Protector

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Fates said:

Etrian Odyssey 2 is 10 years old today.

Happy birthday to the best my favorite Etrian game! Had a lot of fun playing the original and have put A TON of hours into the Untold remake!

Ok. FINALLY beat Treasures Untold. I can spam too, Alraune. Now just the Urchild is left and get to level 99, if that doesn't happen first

• Like 1

@jay

You playing Story or Classic mode? You planning on fighting the Ur-Devil too? I've yet to complete floor 31 and fight that boss.

Classic. I may do the ur devil. I do have the dlc, haha

2 hours ago, jay said:

Classic. I may do the ur devil. I do have the dlc, haha

It's been sitting on my SD card for 2 years now and I still haven't tried fighting the Ur-Devil. I've seen what he can do (and how he has 240,000 HP, like WTF is this Atlus) and how some people use specialized teams just to take him down.

Good luck fighting Ur-Child. It's a very satisfying fight in the remake.