Sign in to follow this  
SlimeVagrant

Counterattack/Riposte Help

Certain characters (Such as Luceus, Aurora, Doric, Psaro, etc.) Have a perk on there skill tree that lets you counter an attack by blocking at "the right time". I've been trying at it for quite a while but have never managed to pull it off. The game doesn't seem to give any indication of what that right time is. Has anyone figured out how to time it?

I feel the easiest way to do it is just before the enemy's attack comes in contact with your character. This is much easier to see with enemies that shoot projectiles or have weapons that they pull back. There's a boss towards the tail end of the game that attacks with energy balls, and I feel they were the easiest to block. It's kinda hard to explain in words, and I don't know if this means anything. The easiest way I can explain it is the timing you have to dodge to get Witch Time in Bayonetta...

Ah I think I finally figured it out sorta. The timing is really tricky but I managed to pull it off as Psaro against the grim Golem, and a little bit against the darklings as Luceus. It doesn't seem to do any damage though? Maybe it just negates the damage to you? eh I'll probably just go back to rolling.

Ah I think I finally figured it out sorta. The timing is really tricky but I managed to pull it off as Psaro against the grim Golem, and a little bit against the darklings as Luceus. It doesn't seem to do any damage though? Maybe it just negates the damage to you? eh I'll probably just go back to rolling.

It can reflect projectiles and if you upgrade it, you get some tension every time you do it right. Other than that, it seems to just let you block attacks and quickly strike back.