Sign in to follow this  
gamerdude27

Dragon Warrior?Quest 3 GBC. Change Soldier to Sage?

That might take awhile. Is Baramos castle the best place to train?

Those living statue/ Stonemen are Killer.

The key to Baramos is getting Healus. It's a necessity to winning against him. A Sage learns it at level 34. At that point of the game, I think I was 29-30 and I just leveled to 34 at Baramos's castle. If some fights are giving you trouble try using Increase with one of your Sages. Since if I remember correctly one of the big threats in that area is high physical damage and even just one cast of Increase will make those physical attacks significantly less threatening. Barrier is also very good too. Sage learns that at level 32. So you'll learn it on the way to learning Healus. I can't recall if Baramos does the wave attack that removes debuffs on him and buffs on your party, but if he does the key to those type of multiple turn bosses whom use those canceling moves is to get them to waste one of their two turns getting rid of buffs/debuffs. That way they only have one turn to attack you instead of two.

Edited by Roger Bacon

;) @Roger: Baramos doesn't nullify buffs but his Explodet, Blazemost and Fire Breath attacks are really nasty. If I remember right he CAN use Limbo which sends one of your party members back to the Tavern in Aliahan. You are correct in advising to use Increase and Barrier to dampen Comerade Creepazoid's damage output though and yes HealUs is a MUST for surviving this battle. In my last playthroughs of Dragon Quest III I was usually in the high 30s early 40s before going into Baramos's Castle and taking on the Demon Lord/Archfiend himself.

Sounds like I need to train.

Man isn't a big jump though from 27 * that's the level before I changed classes and decided to train*  to around 34?  Or was I really under leveled before? Didn't feel like it.

Well guess I'm sticking with a fighter for a while although with the starry/meteorite bracelet he is at 255 agl.

If I can find 10 more minimedals/tiny I can get the dragon claw which looks way better then the golden claw but I doubt that I can get 80 medals before Baramos. Let me know if I can/ if its been done.

Guess I will keep leveling.

;) Smart move keeping the fighter, especially when you're hunting for Metal Babbles/Liquid Metal Slimes. Sadly though, you can't get to 80 Medals without defeating Baramos as some areas are inaccessable, you can come pretty close though if you play the Pachisi tracks enough times. (I think the most you can get without beating Baramos is like 77 or something)

Literally after I read this post my fighter crit and killed 3 liquid metal slimes.( not the same battle)

Any metal king slimes in this game?

• Upvote 1

I went for round 2 against Baramos.

I think I ended in like 5 turns? Just a total massacre.

Hero 37, Fighter 33, Sage 31 ,  Sage 34

I equipped the AGL scarf on the hero and My fighter actually crit against him. he was a cake walk. I think I might of been overleved.

I'm also the richest man in Aliahan with all that gold.

For the final world if you go to Rimuldar that's the best training spot in the entire game. Wander around the world map very close to RImuldar and you'll encounter Liquid Metal Slimes. Use Bedragon and Speed Up and if your Sage whom turned into a dragon gets off an attack they'll 100% guaranteed kill a Liquid Metal Slime. This is due to the dragons breath attack completely ignoring the defense of Metal Slime type of enemies and so you do like 80+ damage and kill them. Also, there are no Metal King Slimes in Dragon Quest 3. During the final final boss fight I suggest the mid 40's at the least and making sure you have the Sage's Stone on your Hero. You should have one Sage casting things like Bikill or Barrier and the other using Healus when needed. The Sage's Stone should be used almost every round of the final boss fight unless everyone is near full HP in which case just have the Hero attack. As a extra precaution you might want to have whoever is low on HP defend until everyone gets healed during the final boss fight. The final boss fight in my opinion is the second toughest in the entire series with Dragon Quest 6 having by far the hardest final boss. Use as little MP as possible before the final boss fight too. Try to use the Sage's Stone for all random encounters in the final dungeon on the way to the final boss. The Sage's Stone by the way is found about halfway through the final dungeon. Do not miss it. It's too good to pass up. The Sage's Stone is basically a free Healus that can be used infinite amounts of times.

Edited by Roger Bacon