Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

PS4 & RPGs

So, totally loving my PS4.  Any thoughts of buying it just for DQHTWTWATBB are gone after just 10 days.  I have large TV in the bedroom that basically has gone unused for a year since we broke the antennae in piece off.  We use the Roku on the TV in the living room and just never bothered to get something else with an HDMI input.

Now I'm back to watching Hulu and Netflix in bed.

And I'm playing the PS4.  Now it's time to look ahead.  I know I'll be spending a ton on my 3DS with what games I want to get for that, but I'm wondering about PS4 gaming too.  I know I'll be buying Dark Cloud.  I'll skip Rogue Galaxy, because although I loved it, it'll take a month of my time 

• I see that the original Grandia was available on the PS store for PS3, but I don't see if for the PS4.  So, I guess not all things on the store carry over?
  • I see Rune Factory, Tides of Destiny is only available to rent and stream.  That's a thing?  I'd love to just buy and download it.  Can't do that?  I'd definitely do this around Spring Break as I'd do the 90 day rental and want the maximum time to play it while at home.
  • Any other fun RPGs you'd suggest?

I'm not looking to get too many.  I just want to fill the gap before DQVII comes out on the 3DS.

;) Oh yeah there's some other games I want that have pushed me to the PS4 too. Ni No Kuni 2 is one of them, two more are The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Assassin's Creed Syndacate (Well those two would probably be more for the benefit of The Missus as she loved Witcher 2 and enjoys the Assassin's Creed games  :laugh: ) and of COURSE Dragon Quest Heroes and probably Final Fantasy XV, hey I'll at least give it a chance.

Dragon Fantasy Books 1 and 2 are awesome. Get them now.

• Upvote 1

There aren't many, to be honest. Bloodborne and Fallout 4 if you're into Western RPGs. Tales of Zestiria if you're into those. I guess Kingdom Hearts III down the line if you like that series.

;) I plan to get Fallout 4 for the PC when there's a price drop and some of the bug fixes occur (Same with the inevitable Downloadable Content announcements) Not much on Kingdom Hearts, used to room with someone at conventions who was obsessed with the series... and it didn't help they were an abusive individual. I'm sure there might be a couple of other games worth getting a PS4 for but I can't think of them at the moment (HOPEFULLY DQ XI)

;) Oh yeah there's some other games I want that have pushed me to the PS4 too. Ni No Kuni 2 is one of them, two more are The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Assassin's Creed Syndacate (Well those two would probably be more for the benefit of The Missus as she loved Witcher 2 and enjoys the Assassin's Creed games  :laugh: ) and of COURSE Dragon Quest Heroes and probably Final Fantasy XV, hey I'll at least give it a chance.

I damn near just choked on my cupcake.  The Missus?  Since when was there a Missus Master!?  Did I miss my chance to say Congrats!!!?

Dragon Fantasy Books 1 and 2 are awesome. Get them now.

Got #1 for the 3DS and Android.  I was an hour #1 purchaser of that game on Android as they emailed me specifically (as I'd pestered them nicely for months) to let me know it was out 3/4 years ago.

Awesome, I'd forgotten I can do Book 2 on PS!!!!!  WAHOO!

;) I plan to get Fallout 4 for the PC when there's a price drop and some of the bug fixes occur (Same with the inevitable Downloadable Content announcements) Not much on Kingdom Hearts, used to room with someone at conventions who was obsessed with the series... and it didn't help they were an abusive individual. I'm sure there might be a couple of other games worth getting a PS4 for but I can't think of them at the moment (HOPEFULLY DQ XI)

And hopefully Builders.

I damn near just choked on my cupcake.  The Missus?  Since when was there a Missus Master!?  Did I miss my chance to say Congrats!!!?

;) Yeah I believe you did  :laugh: There's been a Missus Master for a few years now.  :P

I damn near just choked on my cupcake. The Missus? Since when was there a Missus Master!? Did I miss my chance to say Congrats!!!?

;) Yeah I believe you did There's been a Missus Master for a few years now.
Maybe it happened during my long years off the board. Little Platty #2 is being released in April. Little Platty #1 loves laying in bed watching me play DQHTWTWATBB.

Maybe it happened during my long years off the board. Little Platty #2 is being released in April. Little Platty #1 loves laying in bed watching me play DQHTWTWATBB. 

;):up: THIS! This right here is Parenting done right I tell ya what.

Holy...Slime Master returns!

Suprised no one has mentioned it yet, but down the line there will be Persona 5 if that floats yer boat.

Suprised no one has mentioned it yet, but down the line there will be Persona 5 if that floats yer boat.

I've actually completely forgot about Persona 5. Don't know why I loved 2-4.

;) Wait, a fifth Persona game? I have friends that will like that little bit of news. I can't comment on Persona as I've never really played any of the Persona games ^^;

It's been known about since last year at this time, but info is still light on the game apart from the main characters and their Personas (and a few other things).

I'm surprised eal didn't bring it up since he's our Persona nut. :P

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

And hopefully Builders.

And hopefully DQX.  (A man can dream, right?)

what about star ocean that has me a bit excited

;) I don't know if Dragon Quest X will see a US release sadly (MAYBE if the sales of DQ VII and VIII 3DS and Dragon Quest Heroes does well enough we might) and that's a shame as I hear there are new Slime Variants that I would love to have a gander at. (For sprite making purposes of course :thumbsup: )

;) I don't know if Dragon Quest X will see a US release sadly (MAYBE if the sales of DQ VII and VIII 3DS and Dragon Quest Heroes does well enough we might) and that's a shame as I hear there are new Slime Variants that I would love to have a gander at. (For sprite making purposes of course )

Did you get a PR job with Squeenix?

what about star ocean that has me a bit excited

True. I enjoyed 2 & 3.

;) I plan to get Fallout 4 for the PC when there's a price drop and some of the bug fixes occur (Same with the inevitable Downloadable Content announcements) Not much on Kingdom Hearts, used to room with someone at conventions who was obsessed with the series... and it didn't help they were an abusive individual. I'm sure there might be a couple of other games worth getting a PS4 for but I can't think of them at the moment (HOPEFULLY DQ XI)

And hopefully Builders.

And hopefully DQX. (A man can dream, right?)
DQX is dead to me.

DQX is dead to me.

Yeah. I have little hope for X.

I do think we'll get Builders though.

I'd actually be unsurprised at that for once. Looking forward to it.

Nights of Azure

Dark Souls III
FFXV

KH2.8/KH3

Setsuna

Persona 5

SO5

The Last Guardian (not an RPG but I want it nowww)

NieR Automata

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir

World of Final Fantasy (personally looking forward to it)
Ni no Kuni II

Tales of Zestiria
Tales of Berseria 

Aforementioned things like Dark Cloud/RG and future releases

FFVII, seriously the 3X Speed and being able to toggle random encounters is great.

Pier Solar HD (very old school styled)

FFX/X-2 HD if you feel like replaying them (barring you have the PS3 or Vita release)

Divinity: Original Sin has some fun couch co-op on PS4
Bloodborne

If localized in the future, DQXI, DQB, DQH2.

Granted, a lot of these aren't out yet, but nothing bad about looking towards the future XD

Edited by Tiael
  • Upvote 1

Persona 5 I just noticed. Are any of the old Personas available?

KH3. Wow, I still can't believe that's not out (or is it?). I mean, I remember beating KH2. And that was like 1 marriage ago.

I don't know. Better give the PSN a quick check and see if P3 FES, P4, or P2: Eternal Punishment are up for grabs. You can get them on PS3, but I don't know if they've made them available on the PS4 end.

I don't know. Better give the PSN a quick check and see if P3 FES, P4, or P2: Eternal Punishment are up for grabs. You can get them on PS3, but I don't know if they've made them available on the PS4 end.

I've found the offerings hard to search. Ps2, ps3, ps4, they're all in different locations from what I see.

Persona 5 I just noticed. Are any of the old Personas available?

KH3. Wow, I still can't believe that's not out (or is it?). I mean, I remember beating KH2. And that was like 1 marriage ago.

That statement would be more accurate if you were talking about FF XV. Announced in 2006.

And I did a search. No Persona's for PS4 yet. Aside from 5, which is slated for summer in Japan.

Edited by eal