Sign in to follow this  
gamerdude27

Does Dragon quest mobile games feature controller support?

Hello everybody! Longtime lurker first time poster,

I'm pretty sure this has been asked ( could not find it in the search I did mind you I did look around a bit) but does the mobile releases of DQ games (1-8) have any built in controller support?

I've read a few post about people playing them on emulator or with wild setups but I'm guessing that's means its not supported.

I've recently got an inkling to play DQ1-2-3 (and maybe 4) on a tablet but don't like the idea of using touch controls. Maybe they aren't so bad its just I'm more of a traditional controller in hand kind of guy.

Anybody with any experience playing them if you could share your input that would help.

Thanks

Which is a shame. The Final Fantasy ports all support gamepads perfectly, although I don't think they actually advertise that.

Almost all.  FF Dimensions and FFIV TAY (though not a ports I guess) don't along with FF I, II and Tactics.  It really irks me how inconsistent they are.  Those games don't support cloud saving either.  :(  It would be nice if the DQ ports had controller support though.

I've read that the control scheme for mobile DQ is catered to the Japanese market, where one-handed play is considered more convenient (during their commute on public transit, for instance.)  As much as I do wish they gave options for landscape mode/controller support, I recently replayed DQ1-2 on mobile, and it was perfectly serviceable after that initial warm-up period.  Not ideal of course, but it works well enough.

Sign in to follow this