Sign in to follow this  
Plusburdles

DQMJ2 Pro questions

Hey huys, I've been playing the partially  translated pro version and I've got 2 questions about things that have changed.

1. Where can I find a conklave? It doesn't appear to show up at treepidation anymore

2. Does anyone know the answers to the monster scout proficiency test? Cause the answers seem to be different as well

I can't seem to find much info on this game that isn't already on woodus (which isn't much to begin with) so I'd really appreciate any help!

Conklave is gone. You can't get it unless you transfer it in from the original Joker 2.

I didn't know that, thanks. Any other good scouting alternatives you'd recommend?

If you're looking for a monster to use as a scouter then the Bewarewolf found in Cragavation is your best alternative in Pro. It's not quite as good but you take what you can get.

Edited by The n00b Avenger

I've been playing the partially  translated pro version

?!?!?!?!?!

I've been playing the partially  translated pro version

?!?!?!?!?!

It's a romhack from a fair bit ago. I actually think someone here was working on it, some guy with a funny name that started with a "S". Can't really remember. The game itself is pretty solid, but there's a lot of text that isn't translated. If you're familiar with the Joker 2 you won't have any issues, and frankly, it's a light trade-off for the new features Pro brings.

It was Sylvain who was working on it (SOuimet).  He's also the one who dumped all the data tables that were used to populate the sections we have here for DQMJ2 and DQMJ2 Pro. 

SOuimet was in charge of that I believe. Last I heard, there were some stop and decease letters sent to him and he kinda disappeared around that time. I know I have Patch O on my flash drive. I just boot that up sometimes. I believe everything I need to make it run should still be on there.

I remember SOuimet was working on it, but I didn't know there was a release. I'd love to give the game a try some day. (Although I should probably finish the original J2 first.)

Alright, so I've gotten much farther into the pro version but it's been a long time since i played teh original verison and I seem to have forgotten some things:

1. How do I use scrolls? Sounds like a dumb question but I really don't remember

2. The second question on the scout test says something about bringing 2 dragons but that doesn't seem to work, so what am I doing wrong?

3. Is it no longer possible to scout meddle (mini metal) slimes?

Edited by Plusburdles

Alright, so I've gotten much farther into the pro version but it's been a long time since i played teh original verison and I seem to have forgotten some things:

1. How do I use scrolls? Sounds like a dumb question but I really don't remember

2. The second question on the scout test says something about bringing 2 dragons but that doesn't seem to work, so what am I doing wrong?

You use scrolls simply by using them as items from your bag and selecting the monster to learn it. If your monster has a free slot for skillsets, it'll just learn it. If not, you'll have to choose a skillset to drop.

For some reason, the test actually has specific dragons you have to use. These are Komodo, Small Fry, Frou-Fry or Dragonthorn.

Lastly, no, in the Pro version, you cannot scout Meddle Slimes...legitimately.

You use scrolls simply by using them as items from your bag and selecting the monster to learn it. If your monster has a free slot for skillsets, it'll just learn it. If not, you'll have to choose a skillset to drop.

For some reason, the test actually has specific dragons you have to use. These are Komodo, Small Fry, Frou-Fry or Dragonthorn.

Lastly, no, in the Pro version, you cannot scout Meddle Slimes...legitimately.

Alright cool, thank you very much. It may just be me though but my warrior's proof (warrior scroll) doesn't have the use option available, it has one of those brown icons like the scout ring and not a yellow one like herbs.

It may just be me though but my warrior's proof (warrior scroll) doesn't have the use option available

Turns out, it was some weird glitch that got fixed after finding another one. However, I have one more question, likely my last one as it's kind of the nail in the coffin for me. Is anyone else getting a blackscreen in the necropolis after a few rooms? I play on a flashcart (TTDS, haven't tested with an emulator because  I can't seem to get my save to load) and it freezes after around the 3rd room in the necropolis. I managed to get through and beat the game by switching to a raw, japanese rom, but it freezes up whenever I try to load my save in, or enter the necropolis and dark wold. Using an AP code also just corrupts the save.If this is the extent of the translation then I probably won't continue into the PRO content since I'd love to be able to tell what skills I'm using.

It may just be me though but my warrior's proof (warrior scroll) doesn't have the use option available

Turns out, it was some weird glitch that got fixed after finding another one. However, I have one more question, likely my last one as it's kind of the nail in the coffin for me. Is anyone else getting a blackscreen in the necropolis after a few rooms? I play on a flashcart (TTDS, haven't tested with an emulator because  I can't seem to get my save to load) and it freezes after around the 3rd room in the necropolis. I managed to get through and beat the game by switching to a raw, japanese rom, but it freezes up whenever I try to load my save in, or enter the necropolis and dark wold. Using an AP code also just corrupts the save.If this is the extent of the translation then I probably won't continue into the PRO content since I'd love to be able to tell what skills I'm using.

No, I've continued all the way to the very end of that Pro english patch. It might just be a bad rom, redownloading the patched rom may fix it.

No, I've continued all the way to the very end of that Pro english patch. It might just be a bad rom, redownloading the patched rom may fix it.

Since the wiki seems to be down, all I could do was to redownload the prepatched rom that I've been using which didn't fix things (could only find 2 legitimate links that lead to the same file). If it's possible, could you or someone PM me their working rom or .xdelta? I'd hate to just stop playing after all this, thanks in advance.

edit: resolved

Edited by Plusburdles

what's the newest version of the patch that was made? I've got one that says: "Version 1V (beta), by souimet"

is that version V? or does the v stand for version and it's just version 1? not as new as "O" ?

also now that http://dqmj2p.wikkii.com/wiki/Main_Pageis down presumably forever what's the best site to go to for monster lists? recipe lists? skill trees? plot walkthrus?

I wanna go back and play the game after a few years to help me get hyped about 3 but ... I don't speak japanese so I'll need a good guide to follow (even if I have to use google translate I guess).

Do you have the name of the xdelta file that is used for patching?  I always found Sylvain's version numbering system to be a bit confusing, but the xdelta files are numbered sequentially.  The latest one I have is TranslationB30.xdelta.  I know that version 1R was Translationb23.xdelta, so perhaps it went:

1R --> B23

1S --> B24

1T -->B25

1U -->B26

1V -->B27

1W -->B28

1X -->B29

1Y -->B30

If that is the case (and I have no idea if it really is), then I think the latest I have would be 1Y which should be newer than 1V.

"Translation.xdelta"

is what that file is named for me, so maybe it's just plain 1 original first draft.... or maybe it's V

either way anyone know how or where I can find 1Y? I'd love to have the latest copy but the official source seems to be gone forever?

Here is the 1Y version.  I can't be certain that Sylvain didn't make more progress after this point, but it's the most current version I have.

Here is the 1Y version.  I can't be certain that Sylvain didn't make more progress after this point, but it's the most current version I have.

awesome thanks! that's all anyone could ask!

I understand the cease and desist. when they sent them 4or5 years ago they probably thought they might translate it themselves and they didn't want to lose sales... but now that they've decided to never translate it... it's a shame they cannot send an anti-cease letter :(

This is a weird question but will my save games be compatible? If I upgrade from a patched rom with V to Y?

No problem!  I've never had a save compatibility issue when switching between patches, so I expect you won't have any issue either.  The biggest issues people usually face is forgetting to rename their save file to match the name of the newly patched ROM, or (failing to name their new ROM the same as the previous one).

Basically, as long as your emulator (or flash cart etc...) knows to associate your old save file with the new patched ROM, you should be fine.  Good luck!

hmm anyone know where I can find a walkthru? or maps? I'm most interested in maps/plotspoilers/listofwhichmonstersareonwhich maps?

with http://dqmj2p.wikkii.com down I'm having trouble remembering where I am, especially so in "new world" because in dqmj2 non-pro there is no such place...

i've got this:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140210061158/http://dqmj2p.wikkii.com/wiki/New_World

but it has no images saved so the guide is a bit confusing without all the maps/icons

The biggest puzzle I'm trying to solve is, if I want to continue my old save game is there any 4 monster fusion that uses metal kaiser slime+metal dragon+two more things? (I bred a metal kaiser slime witih a metal dragon to get a metal kaiser slime...which would've been pointless unless I was preparing for a special four monster fusion... haven't played in 4years though so I cannot remember maybe I just did it to add a particular skill on while using the phoenix rod)

I assume there are no good english breeding guides left anywhere anymore.... so which japanese wiki is best to google translate?  I know 4years ago I used http://www.dqmj-2.com/ is this the only one though? I feel like maybe there was another one I also relied on?

edit: This appears to be a guide on capturing a metal babble king easily, using some particular skills, and jumping through some hoops to get it to spawn? anyone ever done this? know of an english guide for it? or could summarize it briefly?

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.dqmj-2.com/capture/p-event.html&usg=ALkJrhimpK4NW7eZHawJ241l8J6XyfnCPA#haguremetarukingu

edit2: iirc this page was really useful but doesn't seem to exist anywhere on the net anymore, archive is missing it How to breed: Hihyudorado / EvilBst - DQMJ2P

Edited by dbouya

oh are those for pro? I thought those were only for dqmj2 vanilla? the subtitles of those pages doesn't mention the word pro
I cannot off the top of my head think of a pro only monster to check it, but I bet you're right.

Also I must've just wanted to tack on a new skill. Only the captured metal dragon must've only had assassin... and the child has uber blizzard uber healer abliterator ward and ice breath ward...

the skill search pages http://www.woodus.com/den/games/dqm5ds/startingskillsets.php?searchfor=Ice+Breath+Ward&submitbutton=Submit+Query doesn't mention where to get ice breath guard or abliterator ward at all but I found:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.dqmj-2.com/skill/hubukiburesu-guard.html&usg=ALkJrhi3rIvE3tm6jN1M02PFgReSW1Qi2g

this confirms that metal dragon's children can start with ice breath guard? despite metal dragons not having it? looks like a hole in woodus's dqmj2p skill search page?

is this because these skills are new in pro? and that search page is only for non-pro?

Edited by dbouya