Sign in to follow this  
Griever

Riding monsters in Joker 3

There are some new pics up today on Siliconera.  Apparently, the player can ride various monsters over land, sea, and air.  The game is looking better and better, though I didn't really need to be sold on it.  I've given up on the remakes, but I would love it if we could get this and both versions of 11.  C'mon SE (or Nintendo)!

Riding a Slime Stack? Things are goo-na get sticky real fast...I'll show myself out now...

Also here's the article:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/25/dragon-quest-monsters-joker-3-shows-more-of-its-world-and-reactor-features/

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 2

Just bring this to America and give me my "King of Beasts" and I'll be happy. :)

I think riding monsters is going to be limited to 1 and 2 slot monsters. 3 and 4 slot monsters would be hard to control.

I wanna ride a Metal Star, like I have control of the Death Star. Or Sky Dragon, ala Dragon Ball! :D

But on a side note, what's up with the graphics? Those black lines are kinda out of place..

Supposedly Yuji Horii himself confirmed you will be able to ride EVERY SINGLE monster in the game. Idk how true that is, considering its just what i read on the one of the articles, but if its true, thats epic. unfortunately, i like many of you, question how riding size 3 and 4 monsters will work.

Can't wait to ride Morag, Mortella and Thornella

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

All jokes aside though. Let's just hope this game hits the states. I feel it will but you never know.

Yeah, I'd really love for this game to come here because I'd absolutely love to give this a shot.

What will most likely happen is that they will divide the monsters into various categories and riding them will depend on how they get categorized and your location too. Things that can fly will probably be able to take you over large gaps otherwise unaccessible. Quadrupeds will probably have the ability to jump ledges/cliffs. My guess for larger things will be something related to their size, like say riding Empyrea even longer distances than you would on a Dracky etc. Some will probably also give you a preemptive strike if you run into a monster on the field while riding your own monster.

From what they've said about it. There will be high plateaus that can only be by flying monsters, and land based monsters will have multiple jumps. They showed a screenshot of a Sabercat with up to 3 I believe. While riding monsters you CAN attack other monsters on the field and do damage, I think. There will be sea based monsters too, but I don't remember anything special about them. This all comes from Famitsu.

If there's sea travel, I REALLY hope that the tidal wave monster within the series is present in Joker 3. That way you can literally ride the waves while traveling the ocean/sea.