someone please explain how to buy shells or gems if you have already :

cannot figure this out. been trying for past 2 hours over. garena says i need to set up my phone number for the 2 step authentication but it refuses to send my cell phone the code....so i have no idea how to get gems on my facebook login for dragon quest super light :(

Do you play on Android or iOS?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Do you play on Android or iOS?

Sent from my Nexus 6

i phone :( i think i could get it to work if i had a prepaid code but they all seem to be like 20 bucks more from searching on google! :( i login using facebook. so i need to link my phone for the authentatcion to work. but they wont send the code :( i wish i would of just logged in from my garena account, i have one and that would make it work pretty sure. but then my playing this game for like a week would start me back at square one...:( and i got lucky and have a S rank and 2 A's already :( so i really dont want to have to make a new account.

Even if you are playing on an iPhone, if you use Facebook to log into the game, your account will be shared across any device. It is near impossible to find a prepaid iTunes card for the right region...so, I get gems through my android tablet. Just log in to the game, click buy gems, and you can use PayPal to pay.

• Upvote 1

Even if you are playing on an iPhone, if you use Facebook to log into the game, your account will be shared across any device. It is near impossible to find a prepaid iTunes card for the right region...so, I get gems through my android tablet. Just log in to the game, click buy gems, and you can use PayPal to pay.

I didn't even think of that. You can even emulat Android on a PC if you have compatible hardware. Or hell, you could buy a cheap Android go phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6

thanks for commenting to help, but i use an iphone 5. and for some reason if i go to "buy gems" my only options are credit cards... it never shows paypal as an option. maybe its because your on a tablet?? i just really want to buy some.

It doesn't matter which iPhone you have, you can still log into your account on an Android device and buy gems that way, is what he is saying.

Sent from my Nexus 6

well i used bluestacks and i double checked it was my account on facebook. i payed the 50 bucks but the gems havnt showed up yet. does it generally take a while for them to show? i have the receipt so i know it went through. i only did $50 to make sure it would work. hope it does.

Fifty bucks worst of gems? Did you make sure you checked your mail in the game. They usually show up in a letter

Sent from my Nexus 6

Fifty bucks worst of gems? Did you make sure you checked your mail in the game. They usually show up in a letter

Sent from my Nexus 6

yea i did and no letter :( but they took the money out of my paypal and i got the email confrimation, garena and dqmsl support sucks balls. i mean its only 50 bucks but thats still something considering im moving to louisiana in a week so i dont have like thousands of dollars to blow atm... i tried 50 bucks before spending a few hundred on gems... at least i didnt waste like 300 bucks compared to just 50. but still fusterating...

just to confirm you mean by "mail" the "letters"??? yea i dont see any in the letter section.

Edited by j1e3s5

You really shouldn't have bought that many gems before testing it. Are you sure you don't have them? Sometimes when you buy them during a battle they don't show up right away.

Sent from my Nexus 6

You really shouldn't have bought that many gems before testing it. Are you sure you don't have them? Sometimes when you buy them during a battle they don't show up right away.

Sent from my Nexus 6

what do you mean, during a battle? i went to the shop then hit buy gems, input my payment info and got the email saying confirmed payment. what part of battling is there? but no i have not done a quest or battle since then if thats what you mean

You can also buy gems if your party dies in a battle.

Sent from my Nexus 6

yea i figured thats what you meant after i posted, how long have you seen it take for the letters to show? its only been 3 hours so far. but i mean, thats kinda a long time. hoping the gems show just so i can buy more. its not really the money but the fact that i wont be able to buy any if i know they wont even appear in my account. i also checked my garena account but they wernt in there either...

Try using some gems on something.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 4

Gems purchased should just show up. Not as letters. I've never had problems with them not showing up nearly instantly.

sigh, then i guess im back to not being able to buy any gems :( my only thought is since they took my money maybe it went to a different account somehow? but i checked my garena account. no gems on that one either...sadly.

Seriously. Contact support and keep contacting them until either they give you back your money or give you the gems you purchased.

probably gonna have to, im honestly just worried that they will be like "no, you are from america so you shouldnt have downloaded the game anyway" not that they would be angry just like, im afraid they might blame it on the fact that it is kinda a risk downloading a game you shouldnt be able to download. anyway ill try to pester support some more later. way to much on my mind atm. been on tech support for my laptop for the past 3 months, literally, and im moving to LA in a week so i have alot to do :) but thanks everyone whos commented/gave me ideas, i think ima just have to pester support some more though :)

I've contacted support for various bugs; they've never even given any indication they know where I'm really playing from. You're spending a decent chunk of money, I'm sure they care more about continuing to get money than where you might be.

Edited by The Mystical One

I've contacted support for various bugs; they've never even given any indication they know where I'm really playing from. You're spending a decent chunk of money, I'm sure they care more about continuing to get money than where you might be.

true, iv thought about that as well, it would be a bigger loss for them not to have me spend a few hundred dollars on the game and run off with my 50 dollars. then to help fix this and have my 4 or 5 hundred dollars i eventually will give.

but they specifically asked where i was from. and i told them america, which is why i was hesitant at first. well, they didnt reply back at all yet, just got 2 automated emails, one of which asked me for my location or something along those lines, i could of lied again but eh, i told them america. incase that would help with knowing why i didnt get the gems.

Ate you using support through dqmsl.garena.com?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

iv sent both garena and the dqmsl support emails. one from the main site garena and one from dq site, i think im just gonna focus on the dqmsl site support though and try to get a response at least from them. since it relates specifically to dq. however i have yet to hear back from either one in a week almost, i did get 2 automated emails saying they recieved my email. and a ticket number, and another email asking me for specific details like my location, even though oddly enough i already gave most of that information like username and whatnot in the previous email. but yea im gonna try to focus on dq support.

I'm pretty sure it'll even out in the end.