Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Contest #142 - Westy's #BragYourDQSwag

In a little twist here, I'm going to let Westy take the lead.  Hope you all enjoy his idea for our next contest!

Hey everybody, Westy here, along with Plattym3!  I was just visiting Platty down in Florida and we did some brainstorming.  What's one thing, of which all Dragon Quest fans can never have enough?  DQ MERCH!  We all love it, we've all imported it, and getting more of it here in Western stores is a great way of promoting DQ in The West and attracting new gamers to the series.  So now it's time to show Square Enix how much we love our DQ merch with the #BragYourDQSwag contest!

It's simple!  Just arrange every piece of DQ merch you own, photograph it, and post it to Twitter with the hashtag, #BragYourDQSwag.  Don't forget to include @DragonQuest, and @DQDragonsDen, and your Twitter handle or your screenname in the picture so we know it's your swag!

20151121_095108.jpg

Come on, now I know you've got more DQ swag than this.  Show me!

Rules:

1. Anyone can apply, internationally or in The West, regardless of the initial concept for promoting DQ in The West.

2. Have too much stuff to fit in one photo?  Well that's okay, because you can submit up to 3 separate photos for the Dragon's Den contest, and any Twitter posts are unlimited!

3. How to enter: Take a photo of your swag with your screenname in the photo somewhere (sorry, no photoshopping your name in).  Feel free to also hop into the photo as well!  Post your photo to Twitter with the hashtag #BragYourDQSwag including both @DragonQuest and @DQDragonsDen.  Then submit up to three of these same photos to this contest topic for official entry!  Don't forget to do both!

4. The contest requires you to be a Dragon's Den member (a Denizen), but you can still support the spread of Dragon Quest in the West by posting additional photos of your collection, using the above hashtag and @-mentions.

5. Doesn't matter if your collection is about Quantity or Quality, show us what you got!

6. Entries are due December 31st before the ball drops, at which point Platty and I will choose the top 10 pics for voting, here on The Den!  Winners will receive a contest badge, and a special Twitter promotion of your account!

Edited by Plattym3
  • Upvote 1

This feels like something where everyone should get a badge.

• Upvote 1

I agree. Even if you don't get in the Top 10, this contest should have a participation badge alongside the winners badges.

Having said that, are you Westy, Platty? Cause it seems like you are...

I agree. Even if you don't get in the Top 10, this contest should have a participation badge alongside the winners badges.

Where's the fun in actually knowing?

I'm excited for this contest. I love showing off my collection. It's my pride and joy, but I have several items coming in the mail that I wish I could include. They are shipping from Japan and will be here by early December.

Glad I saw this contest before Thursday.  I'll have to bring back some DQ stuff from my parent's place when I go home for Thanksgiving!

Edited by Liamland
  • Upvote 2

I'm excited for this contest. I love showing off my collection. It's my pride and joy, but I have several items coming in the mail that I wish I could include. They are shipping from Japan and will be here by early December.

Because I'm a curious bloke, THAT'S WHY!

Because I'm a curious bloke, THAT'S WHY!
Curiosity killed the sabrecat. Don't kill sabrecats, ride them.

This feels like something where everyone should get a badge.

For owning a piece of DQ merchandise? Ehhh...

Yeah.

Owning a piece of DQ merch is something that is difficult. Even the extra stuff like the Slime controller or speaker is expensive, and anything else? You gotta import it.

I own a few statues and some DQ trading cards, and I got all of them through a contest here.

I personally think that EVERYONE in the contest should get a badge, like the "Buy a DQ game!" badges. And then after we get our swag showed off, the best few can get a "SuperSwag" badge as well as the normal one.

I don't mean to detract from the contest or anything, but it just feels like it should have two tiers. Actually owning DQ merch is again, a big, difficult thing. You had to spend money on it and import it through Ebay or an import site. That $#!& is hardcore, yo.

Edited by Mattcraft

Woot! An excuse to show off my collection! Now, I just need to get it all in one place... Or perhaps I'll take multiple pictures. (A couple things are being stored at my grandmother's house, like my DQ2 record, because I don't have a record player but she does.)

• Upvote 1

I guess I'll kick off the submissions! I couldn't get everything in one photo so I spread it across three, if I read the rules right. Here they are!

Image one is the carboard box era. I'm still working on getting the boxes for some of the games.

Image 2 is all my other games.

Image 3 is all the weird swag stuff I have.

I have some more stuff heading in, but they aren't gonna be here until mid december, but if they make it before the contest closes, I'll redo the third photo with the other stuff.

Here is a link to my Twitter post, too:

https://twitter.com/Omaewamo/status/669017441108934658

CUjT0LlUwAA2Ryn.jpg

CUjT0MzUYAUEjkT.jpg

CUjT0UnUwAE_1kw.jpg

• Upvote 1

Ah, you just reminded me about the Brady guides I have for DQIX and DQVIII.  I know right after I submit my last photo, I'm going to remember something else I have. :)

• Upvote 1

Can we post our pics on here to qualify?

Ah, you just reminded me about the Brady guides I have for DQIX and DQVIII.  I know right after I submit my last photo, I'm going to remember something else I have. :)

I have a Slime light sensor and some Metallic Metal Monsters that I totally forgot to include in the picture.

• Upvote 1

Here's my stuff.  There's one or two things missing that I couldn't dig up.  One is a DQVIII poster from the Slime Knights days.  I'm also missing another shirt.

IMG_20151124_230938.jpg

Edited by Cain

Question, what if it's completely impossible to fit everything in 3 photos? I used the max on the SuperFan contest back in the day, and it still didn't have all of my stuff. Can I stitch multiple pictures together? xD;

Oh wait, twitter posts are unlimited? Does that mean as many pictures as I want through twitter? Forgive me if I'm a bit confused. ^^;

Edited by Anrui Ukimi
  • Upvote 1

Question, what if it's completely impossible to fit everything in 3 photos? I used the max on the SuperFan contest back in the day, and it still didn't have all of my stuff. Can I stitch multiple pictures together? xD;

Oh wait, twitter posts are unlimited? Does that mean as many pictures as I want through twitter? Forgive me if I'm a bit confused. ^^;

Let's say do whatever you please on Twitter, but you get 3 pictures to submit here for this contest.  If those are stitched together photos using some app (I use photogrid all the time) or program, go for it.

I'm not Platty, and Platty's not me.  Westy is Westy.  Can't you tell by my favorite font color (sorry Tapatalk users)?

Pics must be posted here, but you do need to post your photo to Twitter with the hashtag #BragYourDQSwag including both @DragonQuest and @DQDragonsDen.  Can you not do that?

Edited by Plattym3
  • Upvote 1

Pffft, Imma still think it. Platty has multiple personalities....either that or he has an alternate ego like Batman, Superman, etc. :P

No.

Slimeman. :)

Pics must be posted here, but you do need to post your photo to Twitter with the hashtag #BragYourDQSwag including both @DragonQuest and @DQDragonsDen.

I posted here, I did the twitter thing but its not showing up on the DQ page, just my own page.

Here I go.

CUobUvXUwAAs-9y.jpgCUobU79UkAE8k3E.jpgCUobU4xVAAEZa5k.jpg

And here's the original tweet:

https://twitter.com/CureYuusha/status/669377542407761922

Got a message from Westy today:

Hey Platty, can you ask the contestants to write in their post if they don't have a Twitter account?  That will make it easier for me to identify whose pics need Twitter promoting.  I want @DragonQuest to have full visibility.

Thanks buddy!  Miss hanging out with you and the fam.  I'm still hitch-hiking to my next destination, but you know...difficult to do without thumbs...

Your pal, :laugh:

Westy

• Upvote 1

ahh dang it, forgot to include my copy of Fortune street. I knew I was gonna forget a bunch of stuff xP

• Upvote 1

Soera-kun, I love that Dragon Quest VII poster. :) :) :)

Soera-kun, I love that Dragon Quest VII poster. :) :) :)

He has a pretty great collection!