Sign in to follow this  
Griever

Green Man Gaming

So, I just ordered DQH from GMG for around $43 with the discount.  Apparently, they will email me the Steam code just before or on the release date.  See, stuff like this has always seemed shady to me and I wonder if they are on the level.  I've always heard good things about them, but I'm wondering if I should get my money back while I still can.  Has anybody else preordered anything from them?

I've gotten plenty of keys from plenty of retailers (even some grey market ones) and I've never been burned.  I've never preordered like this, though.

Green man gaming? Are they the gaming equivalent of the Blue Man group? :P

In all seriousness, I've never heard of them before, and after my incident with the Chrono Cross soundtrack I ordered I'm a little more paranoid about ordering online. If you feel it's suspicious then you should try to get your money back.

• Upvote 1

I've heard about them. They've been around for at least a year. I think I got a game or two from them in the past. I see them on a list of game discounts whenever they have the best one on plenty of gaming sites.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, they seem pretty reputable, but I've never done the whole "pay now and we'll deliver your key" thing before.  I didn't realize that's how it was until I had already ordered it (which was my fault; I should/could have looked more closely).

I've never preordered from them but I have ordered and never had any problem. Some of the publishers though are raising a stink about them because of how they obtained the keys they sell.

So, I just ordered DQH from GMG for around $43 with the discount. Apparently, they will email me the Steam code just before or on the release date. See, stuff like this has always seemed shady to me and I wonder if they are on the level. I've always heard good things about them, but I'm wondering if I should get my money back while I still can. Has anybody else preordered anything from them?

Steam has the same discount.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Hmmm, it says $53.99 on the Steam store (with -10% discount).

Oh, my mistake.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I've used them for a few preorders mostly because the codes like you used and stuff and normal it has been like 2 days before the steam release at earliest the key pops up as it says on the site they are getting the key from SE then I wouldn't worry about it as much as some stuff I can understand some peoples feelings but hey just feel glad that it was a good deal for you now and wait :) also if the game has cards I may harass you with gems to make a pack for me =p or two or 7 .... who knows =p

I hope it does have cards; I haven't even thought about that.  I'd love to have some DQ-related Steam stuff.  Slime emoticon, anyone?

I hope it does have cards; I haven't even thought about that.  I'd love to have some DQ-related Steam stuff.  Slime emoticon, anyone?

According to game store.  No trading cards no steam acheivements

Edited by sounderfan84

I hope it does have cards; I haven't even thought about that. I'd love to have some DQ-related Steam stuff. Slime emoticon, anyone?

According to game store. No trading cards no steam acheivements

Yeah, that was a disappointing revelation

Sent from my Nexus 6

I hope it does have cards; I haven't even thought about that. I'd love to have some DQ-related Steam stuff. Slime emoticon, anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Sent from my Nexus 6

meh i don't mind so much that. As usually they tend to sometimes come broken.

I've seen many games not have any of that stuff listed until right before they are released.   For example: it also doesn't have achievements listed and I'm pretty sure that it will have them.  Let's just wait and see.  edit:  Oh, I see achievements were already mentioned.  I will be shocked if it doesn't have them.  The last two games that I've preordered didn't have cards or achievements listed until they were released.

Edited by Griever

Yeah, but that is pretty rare. However this is Square Enix we're talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 6

It may or may not have cards, but I'd bet money on achievements.  $60 is a premium price-tag for Steam, it'd be unacceptable to skimp on achievements (I know some people don't care about them, but still).

It may or may not have cards, but I'd bet money on achievements. $60 is a premium price-tag for Steam, it'd be unacceptable to skimp on achievements (I know some people don't care about them, but still).

I've seen it happen before

Sent from my Nexus 6

I've gotten a couple of titles from Green Man, but...

$43.99 sounds like they bought it from a foreign Steam account, and your code might not work though.

Well, it's listed at $53.99 (the same as Steam), but they have the %20 off store-wide code on top of that.  I've looked around and I'm %99 sure they are legit, but we'll see.  It's a decent offer for anyone willing to brave the waters with me.  The store-wide discount ends 11/26, I think.

I wish I had the money for DQH. The game looks so cool and I was really happy when I saw it going to Steam. Unfortunately, I will probably have to wait until it's on a good sale. :(

Man, if I weren't saving for a ring I'd buy a couple of extra copies and give them away. I'm actually making money now and I wish I could do things like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Upvote 3

I wish I had the money for DQH. The game looks so cool and I was really happy when I saw it going to Steam. Unfortunately, I will probably have to wait until it's on a good sale. :(

Man, if I weren't saving for a ring I'd buy a couple of extra copies and give them away. I'm actually making money now and I wish I could do things like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Ooh, you're getting married? :) Congratulations!
Well, have to get engaged first, but that is the plan, yes.

Sent from my Nexus 6