Sign in to follow this  
YangustheLegendaryBandit

About Red and Morrie

I don't think they got everyone, but I'm pretty sure they found suitable substitutes for those they couldn't get.

;) I figure they'd just reuse the tracks from the PS2 Version and any new stuff would be recorded specifically for the new version.

;) I figure they'd just reuse the tracks from the PS2 Version and any new stuff would be recorded specifically for the new version.

That would make sense. It would be cheaper for them.

;) Yeah, and would save some time in production, which could lead to delays in release.

;) I'm curious if the 3DS port will have the options to switch between English and Japanese voice acting? (Not that the English version was bad, cause it wasn't) After looking at who is voicing who in the Japanese cast it's more a curiosity thing than anything else. As for the English Voice acting I imagine it's the same cast they got when they recorded the PS2 Dialogue.

I was so use to certain voices from the English version that I felt Trode's Japanese sounded off when I heard it. A lot of the other Japanese voices are fine though(Charmles fits quite well, as does Jessica and Yangus).

;) Yeah, considering who's voice Yangus is, it's actually fitting (He's actually the Japanese voice of Zaraki Kenpachi in Bleach) Takehito Koyasu as the voice of Dhoulmagus amuses me to no end considering Koyasu usually voices either goofy types (Example, Pesche in Bleach) or brooding moody pretty boy protagonists (Example Aya Fujima in Weiss Kruez).

Going back to Red real quick, I saw her alternate costumes. I know some have seen them, but I'll spoiler it for those who want a surprise:

Pirate captain and what looks like a ninja. I love the ninja costume.

Also, digging one of Jessica's new costumes. The one that starts at 0:45

Is that an idol singer theme?

Thank you for posting video >u< I love the costumes (especially Jessica's) but mainly there was a video in the recommended videos after that video that make me really happy and I downloaded it so thank you.

• Upvote 1

I think I know which video you're talking about. :thumbsup:

I've been wondering, to anyone who's played the remake. Is the lowest level cap for maxing a skill set still 38?

I know that there have been other tweaks and adjustments to the game and I'm curious about whether that was changed or not.

Buy me a Japanese 3ds so I can play it and I'll find out for you ;3

I'm just happy at all the new content even though I feel like some of it should have been in the original anyway. 

The remake comes to us Xmas 2016 I believe! I'm pumped! Maybe one day it will be ported and remastered for the PS4 ...and maybe even more content :)

The remake comes to us Xmas 2016 I believe! I'm pumped! Maybe one day it will be ported and remastered for the PS4 ...and maybe even more content :)

For the PS4 I would like better than 3ds I think. x3 so I hope. I hope. And even more stuff would be awesome. NeverLetVIIIDie

For the PS4 I would like better than 3ds I think. x3 so I hope. I hope. And even more stuff would be awesome. NeverLetVIIIDie

(((((((((I LOVE YOU))))))))))))

YES!!!

With even more content for sure! They can always take my ideas I have so far and add them, they don't even have to pay me :) Would be glad to see it...it would give about another 15-30 hours worth of game play

Buy me a Japanese 3ds so I can play it and I'll find out for you ;3

I'm just happy at all the new content even though I feel like some of it should have been in the original anyway. 

Heheh. :laugh:

It's more of a curiosity for me(I've seen spoilers for a bunch of stuff, but not on skill point caps). It won't bug me if the caps remain the same.

I might have to work on getting (( I'll just buy it from a den member if they still have it, you know who you are! )) a 3DS just for VII and VIII...

• Upvote 1

YES!!!

With even more content for sure! They can always take my ideas I have so far and add them, they don't even have to pay me :) Would be glad to see it...it would give about another 15-30 hours worth of game play

So basically tack an RPG on top of another RPG. XD At that point they should make DWVIII part 1 and DWVIII part 2. And then part 3 4 5 6 so on > .>;;;

The game's already saturated in Yangus. He p much steals it, but having lots more Yangus is never a bad thing. Could there ever be too much of him? Nupe. 

Though I wanna see more Rhapthorne too. He's my fav. And not just him possessing people. I want like a whole friggin prequel where he got sealed away the first time. We can call those games DWVIII -1 and 0.

I might have to work on getting (( I'll just buy it from a den member if they still have it, you know who you are! )) a 3DS just for VII and VIII...

I sure hope you aren't talking about me. My 3DS is broken. I guess you *could* play DQ7 and DQ8 all the way through on it, but the camera controls would be a real b****.

YES!!!

e

So basically tack an RPG on top of another RPG. XD At that point they should make DWVIII part 1 and DWVIII part 2. And then part 3 4 5 6 so on > .>;;;

The game's already saturated in Yangus. He p much steals it, but having lots more Yangus is never a bad thing. Could there ever be too much of him? Nupe. 

Though I wanna see more Rhapthorne too. He's my fav. And not just him possessing people. I want like a whole friggin prequel where he got sealed away the first time. We can call those games DWVIII -1 and 0.

Speaking of Yangus, they need to also include Young Yangus with a DQ VIII remaster for the PS4 compilation.
  • Upvote 1

I really would hope Nintendo would create something closer to what they had for the Gamecube where you could play Advance games in relation to the Wii U and 3ds. Or some sort of mini port with the card insert attached to the Wiiu. Or something where it was able to be on the screen optionally and you could use other controllers besides the 3ds. I mean, I read the hype on the NZ, but who knows how long that will take.

Anyway, I agree, they should make Rapthorne's history. Maybe like they could make sense why all the bosses of Dragon Quest were in DQIX, in the sense you know there is a connection between the games somehow? Like parallel dimension stuff or whatever?

Or just more Dragon Quest in general....

Maybe like they could make sense why all the bosses of Dragon Quest were in DQIX, in the sense you know there is a connection between the games somehow? Like parallel dimension stuff or whatever?

Or just more Dragon Quest in general....

Well, besides them being only fan service that can be seen as not a real part of the game's story, we could remember the way the multiplayer works. People visit from other worlds and help.

Also, when the hero goes scouting for customers for the inn, he gets people from other worlds and times, which are the heroes of the other DQ games.

Way I see it, some traveler's gates do not only go to other places in the same world, but actually travel to other worlds and through time. Just see Kiefer and Foz in Caravan Heart.

That way, we can have Torneko everywhere, no matter the world, no matter the era.

• Upvote 1

I've seen in youtube videos players change characters on the fly. So in essence it's like having 4 in a battle but 2 in the backup ready to take their place.

Well, I mean you DO have a wagon...

A flying bird spirit encased wagon!

Just to interlude with a quick question about Red, part of her skill set includes having the chance to steal an item from the enemy when they attack. So say they use a move that would hit multiple times, for example twin dragon lash. Is the chance of stealing overall for both hits or does it work on an individual level for both hits?

I don't know how this community works with spoilers so I'm trying to be vague with abilities but I could see a Steal-orientated Red that hits multiple times for buffed steal chances working.

Her steal ability is an additional chance to get the enemy's drop at the end of battle. Only Yangus has a move that steals with individual hits from battle.

So like Thief from DQIII, DQVI, DQVII (minus hybrid skill) and Torneko from DQIV?

Whereas Yangus is more like the DQIX Thief with a specific steal skill, and ThiefHit from Thief+Warrior in DQVII. (not sure if it's still in the remake)

Edited by Tiael

So is anyone planning on using Red or Morrie in their main party?

I might replace Angelo with Morrie.

I saw a, uh, spoilerific set of videos that featured Red as a replacement for Angelo, so if there's something to her that makes her a good alternative over him I'd probably use her instead. Can someone fill me in on her? I don't really care to go reading the entire topic beginning to end to find out.