So Horii-san Spilled the Beans... How Far Along into Development?

Back in July when Yuji Horii dropped the bomb like a baller - without any regard for the corporate bean-counters but to the delight of fans everywhere - how far along was the development cycle? Do you think his announcement forced a still-undecided issue? The development was well along? The decision had only been made recently?

If it really is a year-long project, and it's due in the Summer, that'd be around the right time. We're also getting Fire Emblem and Bravely Default 2 (which are/were probably both in the translation queue before DQ7 if Nintendo's Treehouse is involved in the DQ7 translation), which means Treehouse (if they're behind DQ7) have bee *very* busy these last couple years lol.

Incidentally, for those who care and will buy both (like me), I'd say a mobile port following later in the year/early 2017 is almost a sure-fire guarantee.

Happy day!

Edited by Omegaplex

It could be Plus Alpha, 8-4 or Shloc behind DQVII 3DS, they've had experience with the new localization style, or a combination of them.

If it's not, they'll probably be assisting Treehouse to keep the current style/names/skills/so on.

Kiefer has blimey, and the names changes are there, so it's about par for the course.

Given how massive the script was and the fact Trails in the Sky Second Chapter took as long as it did (for other issues, though), I'm fairly sure it's been going on for at least a year if not close to that.

Also, Treehouse didn't localize Bravely Default, Binari Sonori did and worked with SE on it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/16/heres-worked-bravely-defaults-english-localization/

And they'll likely be handling Bravely Second.

Edited by Tiael

I don't think he really bombshelled it.

He said, more or less, that he wanted western audiences to enjoy the title.

Not "#DragonQuestForTheWest"! 

NOW, they say it.

He didn't bombshell it...

He Magic Burst it.

• Upvote 3

Nah, we're tight.

I hope it's a May/June release so it can fill in that slot of the release schedule so it isn't a barebones summer.

• Upvote 1

The word is "early Summer", but that could always change.  The earlier, the better.  This game is already a few years late; not that I'm complaining.

Could be may could be june we'll see.

When XSEED released Rune Factory 4 in September, they claimed they'd still hit their summer release.  You never know!

Yeah, the time frame for releases depending on the season can be weird. We may very well see it from May as late as September.

Yes, but they are still planning on releasing DQVIII in 2016 as well.

I'm thinking they want more than a 3 month gap between the two even if DQVIII doesn't hit until December.

I'm thinking they want more than a 3 month gap between the two even if DQVIII doesn't hit until December.

Maybe they should have thought of that before they waited 3 years.

• Upvote 2

Maybe you should get over it. :P

I kid, I kid.

Better late than never, but yes.

Anyways, I still think we'll see it early summer, possibly in June.

Which if they didn't release DQVIII until sometime in December, that's 6 months inbetween.

Edited by Tiael

Maybe you should get over it.

9e6aa0157c882c1054d61a0b0bbec109.jpg

Getting over it isn't the same as forgetting or forgiving.

It just makes it hurt less.

Now hush and take it!

Edited by Tiael
  • Upvote 1

Now hush and take it!

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSKkwzwdW4]

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

If you think that's bad, my pessimism won't disappear until the game is seated in my 3DS :D

I'll never forget how they almost canned DQ6 until Nintendo picked up the pieces.

To be fair, that was SE that decided to drop DQVI after DQIV and DQV weren't up to satisfaction due to their unrealistic expectations.

DQVII 3DS was announced at the Nintendo Direct and Nintendo is having a hand bringing it west, whether that's just publishing and advertising I don't know.

And before you say DQ Heroes sales weren't that satisfactory, that was SE that published, and they had to have had sales numbers before the ND anyways and still are bringing us DQVII and DQVIII 3DS, as SE is also promoting those.

So at the very least, DQVII 3DS will be coming.

And I hope Nintendo has a level of advertising similar to what they did with DQIX.

The word is "early Summer", but that could always change.  The earlier, the better.  This game is already a few years late; not that I'm complaining.

Could be may could be june we'll see.

When XSEED released Rune Factory 4 in September, they claimed they'd still hit their summer release.  You never know!

I wouldn't trust Xseed being accurate on their release windows.  See Trails in the sky SC. 

I hope Nintendo doesn't pull any limited print run crap, I preordered one for me and my bro :(

I doubt they'll do that this time around.