Sign in to follow this  
kamil88

Worth to get, if you have PS2 version?

If only more games with visual encounters would integrate Earthbound's style: if you overpower the enemy, you insta-win.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sorry

I rather like Earthbound's overpower style, but ... what if I want to steal from a monster/

• Upvote 1

I don't know, sounds like a personal problem. :P

Make a pickpocket move where you can steal from field monsters!

Or that, like Earthbound, if you defeat an enemy via Insta-Win, it can still drop an item that it has. That's how I got the Sword of Kings in one of my Earthbound playthroughs. :P

That too.

I remember fighting those Starman Super before I could insta-win, fun times.

Same with the Gutsy Bat from Bionic Krakens.

If only more games with visual encounters would integrate Earthbound's style: if you overpower the enemy, you insta-win.

Eh I don't know about that. Sometimes it's kinda cool to go ham on enemies that used to give you problems.

Eh I don't know about that. Sometimes it's kinda cool to go ham on enemies that used to give you problems.

Then include an option that lets you turn the auto-win feature on or off depending on your preference. Boom, problem solved.

As far as looks I prefer the PS2 Version but the new content will drive me to buy a 3DS....but who knows...with all these remakes happening, you never know they may decide to remaster it and put it on the PS4 possibly with even more new content ;) ( This I me just wishing now lol)

• Upvote 2

Or maybe just release it for ps4. They just started selling ps2 games on the store this weekend.

Or maybe just release it for ps4. They just started selling ps2 games on the store this weekend.

I would be very happy with that....and even more happy with a tid bit more extra content.

Hell why they're at it, Put VII too on PS4

I would rather have VIII on PS4 than 3DS. I also don't like the encounters to be on the screen.....I like random encounters in my RPG but thats not a deal breaker. I love VIII so I basically will grab up anything of that. I think I do not like the idea of Hero and Jessica together. That feels shoehorned. I never got any vibe from them in PS2 unless they change up content. But I will love anything else extra I think.

I did buy a copy of Japanese 3DS VIII. But no 3DS to play it on. Not that I can read Japanese anyway *grumble grumble* 

Nevermind.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Only problem I have with the visual encounters in DQ is that it feels like there are way too many battles and not enough room to meander around enemies. 7 3DS is nasty about this is some areas of the game.

Wait, are you saying my ambience will be disrupted in DQ VIII! Horrid! I want to run along the ocean cliff and not be pushed off by monster, thank you very much :P

I would rather have VIII on PS4 than 3DS. I also don't like the encounters to be on the screen.....I like random encounters in my RPG but thats not a deal breaker. I love VIII so I basically will grab up anything of that. I think I do not like the idea of Hero and Jessica together. That feels shoehorned. I never got any vibe from them in PS2 unless they change up content. But I will love anything else extra I think.

Ditto to the PS4 (or WiiU...oh who am I kidding...) and the random encounter (okay, truth is I am fine either way mostly).

As for the Hero and Jessica, they did drop some hints of her liking him, but it was one-sided (I remember it being party chat at the waterfall where the Princess can talk to the hero). I envisioned Jessica and Angelo becoming a couple more likely.

Although I have been trying to avoid the extra content, I do hope they elaborate on the time the Hero and Princess grew closer prior to the curse.....it felt a little pushed in some ways in the original. Especially on parts relating to the piano playing and such: it seemed romantic...and the cursed castle theme always sounded like it had the piano, harp and voice blend together. Kind of relate to the scene with the raising of the boat.

Edited by dragovrune

I like random encounters and am ok with them, but I also like visual encounters.

I don't mind what DQ does, just give me the games.

DQ going to visual encounters doesn't bother me that much (plus I still get a taste of random encounters with ocean travel), it's not like it's going ARPG for the single player entries anytime soon, right?

NOOO

Least it avoided that, for now.

I know I'm nearly a year late to this but holy $#!&! I'm so happy that that idea didn't make it! I thought IX was great just the way it was, no enough turn based rpg's anymore. DQ Heroes was bought just to show support, I really didn't like the Dynasty Warriors gameplay.