Sign in to follow this  
ignasia

Official Dragon Quest Community Thank You Letter Topic

The impression I had is that all of us seemed to agree we should do one large thank you letter, added to and essentially e-signed by all of us, penning typing our own personal thanks as a community, to Square-Enix, Nintendo, and the almighty Healix, the beloved official Mascot for Dragon Quest in the West!

So, to start, we will all write our own personal bit, and I will both write the opening and add my own.

What each of you need to do, for those who wish to participate:

1) Write a note of thanks to Square Enix, Nintendo, and/or Healix.  You can write to all three, to two, or to just one.  Whomever you wish to.  There is no obligation on length either, so feel free to make it as short or as long as you wish.

2) If you have any art or drawings you wish to add to this, feel free to add it here, or post a link should it be somewhere, say on a Photobucket account.  If you want to make a video about it, write music, etc. and link to it, feel free to add this into your written part.

3) Any submission/s can be either posted below, or for those who wish for some privacy, sent to my inbox here on the Den.

The deadline for personal submissions:

December 12, 2015, at 12:01am, or 00:01am for those on a 24 hour clock.  I'm doing this because some people will be busy for the holidays.  I will be pretty much working my ass off cleaning for the whole week leading up to Thanksgiving, along with playing sous chef to my mum.  So I fully expect some of you will be doing much the same, on top of work and other obligations.  Feel free to send any amount of thanks in the meantime if you want, but the idea here is to send a formal community thank you for listening to us.

When will I compile and send the email?:

December 12th, 2015 I will try to compile and complete everything, and send it off.
Deadline for submissions is 12:00 3:00 PM, Saturday, December 12, 2015.  Anyone who wants to add their own thank you to the group, must turn theirs in before then.

Which exact addresses will I be sending it to?:

Square-Enix NA/EU  -  philrogers@square-enix.com

Nintendo NA/EU  -  nintendo@noa.nintendo.com

I'm going to have to double check and make sure that email address even works, as it's not listed anywhere, so I don't know if it's an old address, but Nintendo sure does make it difficult to contact them.  Dwaine, if you know a good email address to use, would you be so kind as to let me know?

Edited by ignasia7
  • Upvote 1

Do we personally send you the messages we compose?

Do we personally send you the messages we compose?

You can send it to me, or you can post it here, whichever suits you.  I'll compile it and send it in an email.

I realize I didn't really specify that, so I added in a third bit of what to do.

Edited by ignasia7

Dear Square Enix, Nintendo and Healix. Thanks for listening, the Dragon Quest series has been one of my top favorite RPG series ever since it was called Dragon Warrior on the NES. I can't wait for release of the remakes next year.

Stepchan

(Haven't wrote a letter in a long time, I've forgotten how to format it)

• Upvote 1

No formatting necessary.  You're just one small piece within a larger single email. 

I didn't write all that long of one myself, so you could type a short and simple one(Length isn't an issue, going by Ignasia's OP). ^

No formatting necessary.  You're just one small piece within a larger single email. 

Okay, cool. :wd_coolslime:

It had been awhile(It's also been awhile since I've wrote a parody, but I lack the privacy to concentrate on that currently).

Edited by Stepchan

Can we just sign the letter?

You're essentially "e-signing" it...as in no actual physical signature.  So if you want to just type something really simple like:

"Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate the release of Dragon Quest's VII and VIII on the 3DS!  I can't wait to play them!"

- Soera (from the Dragon's Den)

Then that's cool.

If you want to add your name at the bottom, go for it as well (though everyone who is adding their actual name, has sent me their message via the den mail system).

Im okay with copying what you wrote with a twist.

Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate the release of Dragon Quest's VII and VIII on the 3DS!  I can't wait to play them! I also want to thank you for Dragon Quest Heroes. A great game in its own right!

• Upvote 1

Excellent.  Thank you Soera!

I'm not thanking them per-se for the 3DS releases, but...

Ever since the release of Dragon Quest on the Nintendo DS system, the series has had... a kind of lull. Aside from your partner company, Square Enix, releasing, barring a title or two, the entire main series on mobile platforms, we really haven't had our proper fix for an old-school Japanese-based RPG in some time.

Thank you, Nintendo. Thank you for eating the cost of a proper localization. Thank you for giving people a way to enjoy the remakes of two classic titles that bring us back in so many ways.

Square Enix? I have words. Thank you is among them. There has been much duplicity with the series in general with all of the titles released recently, ranging from the Monsters remakes to guess what, Dragon Quest 7 and 8. You're letting a generation or three enjoy the remakes now, and I hope you see the reception, going from people clamoring for a long time to new people that happened to grab a copy of Dragon Quest on the App Store (or Google Play), in a positive matter.

Just because a Metacritic score might not be 80-100 or because that one guy writes a bad review of something he never cared about in the first place doesn't mean the average joe wouldn't like ANY of the series.

Ranging from the just-released Dragon Quest Heroes to upcoming titles ranging from the announced localization of 7 and 8 to unannounced titles like Builders, Joker 3, and some mobile titles, there is something now for everyone.

Keep up this positive rein that you showed us with 7 and 8, and to a lesser extent Super Light's SEA release. Understand we live and breathe JRPGs. Your company is the definitive creator of the genre, doubly so with your dual-merger of both Squaresoft and Enix. 

Keep 'em coming. To all the platforms that they can possibly come to. We will buy them. We will devour them.

Thank you.

Matthew Holland

Mattcraft

• Upvote 3

Sent your way hope it is long enough.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Matt!

Sent your way hope it is long enough.

LOL, yeah, it's definitely fine.  It's whatever you feel comfortable with, and fits what you want to say.  Short, long, in between, it's all good ethanej. :thumbsup:

Thank you Nintendo for localizing DQ7 and DQ8 for 3ds out west.  Thank you SE for releasing Dragon Quest Heroes onto Steam as well as releasing the DQ games on the mobile platform I been enjoying them it.  Look forward to buying DQ7 for the android platform when/if it comes for it. I would also like to thank Healix himself as he is a true hero for bringing out the release of DQH for PC and the localization of DQ7 and DQ8 for 3ds. 

Sounderfan84 (from the Dragon's Den)

• Upvote 1

Words cannot express the thanks I have for listening to your fans. The arrival of DQ7 is an amazing thing. You not only acknowledged our big campaign, but you listened and gave us a chance. I don't know what to say except thank you.

• Upvote 1

A big thank you to SE and Nintendo for bringing DQVII and DQVIII to our hemisphere. Us fans have been nagging for ages and many have given up hope completely (myself included). I hope that the sales of these games and the fervor of the fan base here encourages more releases of upcoming DQ games, such as DQXI, DQM: Joker 3, DQ Builders and DQ Heroes 2. Thank you so much.

Jamiras843

Avid DQ Fan

• Upvote 2

I'd like to thank Square Enix almost as much as I'd like to thank Nintendo for bringing the 3DS versions of Dragon Quest VII and VIII westward. Nintendo deserves more thanks, as they're helping bring over games in a series that isn't even their own IP. I am grateful for what Square Enix is putting into this release, but I am disappointed that they wouldn't release and/or market the games on their own here. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but from what I understand, each Dragon Quest game that's been released here since the merger has been at least moderately successful, despite the fact that the series is such an unknown in the west. I'd also like to point out a few lackluster commercials won't turn even the best of games into a blockbuster hit. I'd like to know why the Dragon Quest series is allowed to be overshadowed in these parts of the world by the likes of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, when given the same attention and budgets for advertising, it could be just as successful (if not more) than either. This is food for thought, and I am looking forward to both Dragon Quest VII and VIII (especially VII), even though I've played the original versions of both in English, and am currently fumbling through the 3DS versions in Japanese. I also look forward to an invigorating advertising campaign for each, possibly (hopefully?) involving the fan community, as well as equally great advertising campaigns for each and every Dragon Quest game in the future - I fully expect Square Enix to release all future Dragon Quest games -regardless of console- in the west, as there is no excuse to leave us in the dust.

Thank you,

-Erdrick The Hero

• Upvote 2

Dear Nintendo: Thank you so much for localizing and releasing Dragon Quest 7 and 8 on 3DS in the West. As a huge Dragon Quest fan, I own both games in their original format (respectively on PS1 and PS2) as well as the Japanese version of DQ7 on 3DS. Fear not, as I will definitely get the translated version as well when it comes out next year. I feel that the Dragon Quest games are best played on a handheld console, especially on the 3DS, thanks to its dual screen format.

Dear Square Enix: I hope that you will realize that Dragon Quest does have a fanbase in the West and that not everyone wishes to play games on their cell phones. It's not too late; just look at some series that took a long time to blossom in the West, like the Tales of or the Shin Megami Tensei/Persona franchises. Oh, and I hope that you will announce Dragon Quest Heroes 2 for a Western release BEFORE it comes out in Japan, ideally for both the PS4 and Vita. I'm one of the many DQ fans who double-dipped on DQ Heroes by getting the Japanese release AND the North American version, because you waited until the Japanese release date to announce the localization.

Incidentally, if either Nintendo or Square Enix decides to localize any other remaining Dragon Quest games (such as any version of DQX, DQ Builders, or DQ XI), rest assured that you can count on me to get them all.

Let the 30th anniversary of the series kick off wonderfully in the West!

- Ladyjaye

Edited by Ladyjaye
  • Upvote 2

Basically the same as Ladyjaye xD

To Nintendo: Thank you a lot for making the effort of bringing us these games. Best gaming news for me in the whole year. I still remember the excitement while watching that Nintendo Direct and how i was hyped/excited for days. 

To Square Enix: Thank you too, specially for how the announcement was made. Healix did became a real Dragon Quest hero! Its nice seeing that you actually care for DQ too. Take the momentum these games and the 30th anniversary might give you, and try to make the brand bigger here. We both need this. You as a company so you can sell your product to more people and us loyal fans so we don't miss any game again. Again, thank you for listening to the fans.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for bringing Dragon Quest 7 and 8 for the 3DS over to the United States. I originally bought Dragon Warrior 7 on the PS1 and loved every minute of it. I unfortunately lost my copy during a move some years back and the prices for a new copy on Amazon/eBay out of my price range unfortunately.

Dragon Quest 8 was easily my favorite PS2 game of all time. I have played this game so much over the last few years that it would be fair to say I have more time invested in DQ 8 than all of my other PS2 games combined. I am looking forward to being able to play this on the road, or at work on my lunch break.

As a long-time Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest fan hearing the news that these would be coming our way made me cheer and smile. I've been a Dragon Warrior fan since the age of 6 when I completed my first solo run of Dragon Warrior 1 without my dad's help. My favorite game of all time to this day is still Dragon Warrior 4 (the NES version, not the DS or the PS1 remake). I have imported copies of 5 and 6 for the Super Famicom and numerous toys, collectibles, and other Dragon Quest-related items.

In closing, you've made a long-time fan very happy, and I thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. A lot of us DQ fans gave you guys a lot of crap over the years, me being one of them, and I apologize. Thank you for not letting us get to you too much and for giving us these great games in an updated form.

Sincerely, 

Heavy Q
Edited by HeavyQ
  • Upvote 2

I would like to give Square Enix and Nintendo a huge thank you for bringing the 3DS remakes to the U.S. The Dragon Quest series has been a huge part of my life since the Gameboy Color days, and I've anxiously been waiting for the chance to experience two of my favorite Dragon Quest games in an all new way.

Many fans cannot wait to play these titles from this legendary series, and many new fans will be right along side them. Next year can't get here soon enough!

Again, thank you for bringing these games to the west, and just for you, have a COR BLIMEY!

From the legend'ry bandit 'imself,

Yangus

• Upvote 1

I have loved Dragon Quest/Warrior VII since its original release. I think it is an extraordinary work of love from all involved, and the 3DS remake takes all of that and manages to make it grow.

Square Enix, thanks for bringing this game outside of Japan. Even with the interest of reviving Dragon Quest here, some expected this to start with the recent games, leaving older releases as unfortunate losses. Besides having the chance to abandon Dragon Quest VII, you decided to bring it against most expectations. I am personally grateful because this game means a lot to me, and I really want to be able to play it.

Nintendo, thanks for being there for the fans and for the series when it was needed. There are a lot of great Nintendo first-party games, but you gave your support to the DQ series nonetheless. You have collaborated with independent sites to reach fans, too. This is something that is not easily forgotten. Your dedication is very important to the series outside of Japan.

Healix, and all your team members, thanks for sharing your enthusiasm and for being sincere about your efforts to get the word out there. Your creative work makes it easier for the message to reach more and more people. Instead of just doing a minimal effort, you are going above and beyond, and it is evident in the heart included in your posts and videos. Keep up the great work and receive my thanks.

César Hernández-Meraz.

Alright, I'll post the final version before I send it off.  Those who sent me their responses via messenger, will have their names blacked out for the forum post.

Thanks everyone for contributing.  I hope we get a response.

To The Good People at Nintendo and Square-Enix (ESPECIALLY Healix),

We, the largest Dragon Quest fan community on the internet, known as Dragon's Den (http://www.woodus.com/den/home.php) wish to thank all who played a part in seeing to the release of both Dragon Quest VII, and Dragon Quest VIII for the 3DS.  We thank you for showing your support for us, and showing that you have listened to us, and complied with our requests for these games to see release outside of Japan.

There has been a long and storied history, but I believe we can put worry behind us now and move forward as fans of this most magnificent series.

We, the majority of the fanbase, feel grateful and the community I belong to, wished to share this with a thank you email, as a group.

We also wish to acknowledge and thank the magnanimous Healix, who many of us feel is a superb mascot going forward, and the team behind Healix's lovable antics in rising to the occasion as a hero!

Thank you Nintendo and Square-Enix for seeing to the release of these two games, and thank you Healix for your clever and fun loving commentary.  We appreciate you all for this.

(NOTE: I have no clue the best way to forward this to Nintendo, as they make it very difficult to communicate with.  With this in mind, I greatly appreciate your willingness to be so open and encouraging fans to write Mr. Phil Rogers.  I respect Nintendo's decision to make communication so difficult, but if at all possible, as I'm unsure if these will move, could you let them know, or forward this?  Please?  I, and the fans would really appreciate that.  Thank you again.)

Now, to each individual message from members of Dragon's Den:

--++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--

Dear Square Enix, Nintendo and Healix. Thanks for listening, the Dragon Quest series has been one of my top favorite RPG series ever since it was called Dragon Warrior on the NES. I can't wait for release of the remakes next year.

Stepchan

Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate the release of Dragon Quest's VII and VIII on the 3DS!  I can't wait to play them! I also want to thank you for Dragon Quest Heroes. A great game in its own right!

Ever since the release of Dragon Quest on the Nintendo DS system, the series has had... a kind of lull. Aside from your partner company, Square Enix, releasing, barring a title or two, the entire main series on mobile platforms, we really haven't had our proper fix for an old-school Japanese-based RPG in some time.

Thank you, Nintendo. Thank you for eating the cost of a proper localization. Thank you for giving people a way to enjoy the remakes of two classic titles that bring us back in so many ways.

Square Enix? I have words. Thank you is among them. There has been much duplicity with the series in general with all of the titles released recently, ranging from the Monsters remakes to guess what, Dragon Quest 7 and 8. You're letting a generation or three enjoy the remakes now, and I hope you see the reception, going from people clamoring for a long time to new people that happened to grab a copy of Dragon Quest on the App Store (or Google Play), in a positive matter.

Just because a Metacritic score might not be 80-100 or because that one guy writes a bad review of something he never cared about in the first place doesn't mean the average joe wouldn't like ANY of the series.

Ranging from the just-released Dragon Quest Heroes to upcoming titles ranging from the announced localization of 7 and 8 to unannounced titles like Builders, Joker 3, and some mobile titles, there is something now for everyone.

Keep up this positive rein that you showed us with 7 and 8, and to a lesser extent Super Light's SEA release. Understand we live and breathe JRPGs. Your company is the definitive creator of the genre, doubly so with your dual-merger of both Squaresoft and Enix. 

Keep 'em coming. To all the platforms that they can possibly come to. We will buy them. We will devour them.

Thank you.

Matthew Holland

Mattcraft

Thank you Nintendo for localizing DQ7 and DQ8 for 3ds out west.  Thank you SE for releasing Dragon Quest Heroes onto Steam as well as releasing the DQ games on the mobile platform I been enjoying them it.  Look forward to buying DQ7 for the android platform when/if it comes for it. I would also like to thank Healix himself as he is a true hero for bringing out the release of DQH for PC and the localization of DQ7 and DQ8 for 3ds. 

Sounderfan84 (from the Dragon's Den)

Words cannot express the thanks I have for listening to your fans. The arrival of DQ7 is an amazing thing. You not only acknowledged our big campaign, but you listened and gave us a chance. I don't know what to say except thank you.

-redneckpride4ever

A big thank you to SE and Nintendo for bringing DQVII and DQVIII to our hemisphere. Us fans have been nagging for ages and many have given up hope completely (myself included). I hope that the sales of these games and the fervor of the fan base here encourages more releases of upcoming DQ games, such as DQXI, DQM: Joker 3, DQ Builders and DQ Heroes 2. Thank you so much.

Jamiras843

Avid DQ Fan

I'd like to thank Square Enix almost as much as I'd like to thank Nintendo for bringing the 3DS versions of Dragon Quest VII and VIII westward. Nintendo deserves more thanks, as they're helping bring over games in a series that isn't even their own IP. I am grateful for what Square Enix is putting into this release, but I am disappointed that they wouldn't release and/or market the games on their own here. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but from what I understand, each Dragon Quest game that's been released here since the merger has been at least moderately successful, despite the fact that the series is such an unknown in the west. I'd also like to point out a few lackluster commercials won't turn even the best of games into a blockbuster hit. I'd like to know why the Dragon Quest series is allowed to be overshadowed in these parts of the world by the likes of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, when given the same attention and budgets for advertising, it could be just as successful (if not more) than either. This is food for thought, and I am looking forward to both Dragon Quest VII and VIII (especially VII), even though I've played the original versions of both in English, and am currently fumbling through the 3DS versions in Japanese. I also look forward to an invigorating advertising campaign for each, possibly (hopefully?) involving the fan community, as well as equally great advertising campaigns for each and every Dragon Quest game in the future - I fully expect Square Enix to release all future Dragon Quest games -regardless of console- in the west, as there is no excuse to leave us in the dust.

Thank you,

-Erdrick The Hero

Dear Nintendo: Thank you so much for localizing and releasing Dragon Quest 7 and 8 on 3DS in the West. As a huge Dragon Quest fan, I own both games in their original format (respectively on PS1 and PS2) as well as the Japanese version of DQ7 on 3DS. Fear not, as I will definitely get the translated version as well when it comes out next year. I feel that the Dragon Quest games are best played on a handheld console, especially on the 3DS, thanks to its dual screen format.

Dear Square Enix: I hope that you will realize that Dragon Quest does have a fanbase in the West and that not everyone wishes to play games on their cell phones. It's not too late; just look at some series that took a long time to blossom in the West, like the Tales of or the Shin Megami Tensei/Persona franchises. Oh, and I hope that you will announce Dragon Quest Heroes 2 for a Western release BEFORE it comes out in Japan, ideally for both the PS4 and Vita. I'm one of the many DQ fans who double-dipped on DQ Heroes by getting the Japanese release AND the North American version, because you waited until the Japanese release date to announce the localization.

Incidentally, if either Nintendo or Square Enix decides to localize any other remaining Dragon Quest games (such as any version of DQX, DQ Builders, or DQ XI), rest assured that you can count on me to get them all.

Let the 30th anniversary of the series kick off wonderfully in the West!

- Ladyjaye

To Nintendo: Thank you a lot for making the effort of bringing us these games. Best gaming news for me in the whole year. I still remember the excitement while watching that Nintendo Direct and how i was hyped/excited for days. 

To Square Enix: Thank you too, specially for how the announcement was made. Healix did became a real Dragon Quest hero! Its nice seeing that you actually care for DQ too. Take the momentum these games and the 30th anniversary might give you, and try to make the brand bigger here. We both need this. You as a company so you can sell your product to more people and us loyal fans so we don't miss any game again. Again, thank you for listening to the fans.

- Awesomeinblue

Hello,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for bringing Dragon Quest 7 and 8 for the 3DS over to the United States. I originally bought Dragon Warrior 7 on the PS1 and loved every minute of it. I unfortunately lost my copy during a move some years back and the prices for a new copy on Amazon/eBay out of my price range unfortunately.

Dragon Quest 8 was easily my favorite PS2 game of all time. I have played this game so much over the last few years that it would be fair to say I have more time invested in DQ 8 than all of my other PS2 games combined. I am looking forward to being able to play this on the road, or at work on my lunch break.

As a long-time Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest fan hearing the news that these would be coming our way made me cheer and smile. I've been a Dragon Warrior fan since the age of 6 when I completed my first solo run of Dragon Warrior 1 without my dad's help. My favorite game of all time to this day is still Dragon Warrior 4 (the NES version, not the DS or the PS1 remake). I have imported copies of 5 and 6 for the Super Famicom and numerous toys, collectibles, and other Dragon Quest-related items.

In closing, you've made a long-time fan very happy, and I thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. A lot of us DQ fans gave you guys a lot of crap over the years, me being one of them, and I apologize. Thank you for not letting us get to you too much and for giving us these great games in an updated form.

Sincerely, 

Heavy Q

I would like to thank Square Enix for the two 3DS releases we're getting, but Nintendo also deserves special thanks. Nintendo is bringing over and giving special attention to a franchise that isn't even theirs. However, Square Enix does still deserve a lot of thanks, as without them, we wouldn't have had the game period!

I would like to see a more concentrated effort from Square Enix to release Dragon Quest games here in the US. While I have no doubt Nintendo is going to do a good job, as they previously have when getting the last few DQ games localized, it shows Square Enix has faith in the franchise if they're willing to back it. We have to take things one step at a time though, and if Dragon Quest 7 and Dragon Quest 8 do well, I have no doubt both Square Enix and Nintendo are going to have more faith in the series.

In particular I'd like to see Healix used for future Dragon Quest releases! Healix was a fun way to promote Dragon Quest Heroes.

Thank you, Nintendo and Square Enix, for localizing two games I never thought still had a chance to come out.

- Varuna

I would like to give Square Enix and Nintendo a huge thank you for bringing the 3DS remakes to the U.S. The Dragon Quest series has been a huge part of my life since the Gameboy Color days, and I've anxiously been waiting for the chance to experience two of my favorite Dragon Quest games in an all new way.

Many fans cannot wait to play these titles from this legendary series, and many new fans will be right along side them. Next year can't get here soon enough!

Again, thank you for bringing these games to the west, and just for you, have a COR BLIMEY!

From the legend'ry bandit 'imself,

Yangus

I have loved Dragon Quest/Warrior VII since its original release. I think it is an extraordinary work of love from all involved, and the 3DS remake takes all of that and manages to make it grow.

Square Enix, thanks for bringing this game outside of Japan. Even with the interest of reviving Dragon Quest here, some expected this to start with the recent games, leaving older releases as unfortunate losses. Besides having the chance to abandon Dragon Quest VII, you decided to bring it against most expectations. I am personally grateful because this game means a lot to me, and I really want to be able to play it.

Nintendo, thanks for being there for the fans and for the series when it was needed. There are a lot of great Nintendo first-party games, but you gave your support to the DQ series nonetheless. You have collaborated with independent sites to reach fans, too. This is something that is not easily forgotten. Your dedication is very important to the series outside of Japan.

Healix, and all your team members, thanks for sharing your enthusiasm and for being sincere about your efforts to get the word out there. Your creative work makes it easier for the message to reach more and more people. Instead of just doing a minimal effort, you are going above and beyond, and it is evident in the heart included in your posts and videos. Keep up the great work and receive my thanks.

César Hernández-Meraz.

Thank you SquareEnix, Nintendo and Healix for bringing Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest VIII to North America for the 3DS. As the maintainer of Dragon’s Den (for almost half my life) and a supporter of the series since Dragon Warrior 1 was released thru Nintendo Power way back in the day. The mobile releases have been a great addition, but it is good to see Dragon Quest on the DS line again.  I know I will be purchasing multiple copies of the games as I will play it and get my two sons to play along (they still break out Joker 1 and 2, Rocket Slime and Dragon Quest IX from time to time). Look forward to more Dragon Quest releases in the future and again thank you.

-(name is redacted to protect the innocent!)

Thank you Nintendo and thank you Healix, you're a true Hero.

I love DQ, for a myriad of reasons.

The tradition, simplicity yet charming, the quaintness, quirky characters and monster designs thanks to Toriyama, the battle system (I love me some turn based), the magic, the design of the series, the feeling of being on an actual journey, helping people out in each town, the vignettes that get me in the feels.

The stories aren't almost nonexistent, I feel they are beautifully done, like the Falrish/Falrod arc in DQVII and how impactful it was to me.
And some being downright depressing, again there's plenty of those moments in DQVII, also DQV and pretty much the entirety of the game.

Just a more fairy-tale esque way of telling the story, but I appreciate the subtlety the series has.

Dragon Quest has been an integral part of my life since I was 5 years old with the original Dragon Quest (Warrior as it was in the states back then)
I absolutely love the series, love the holy trinity (Horii, Toriyama and Sugiyama) and due to their work I feel like a kid again when I play DQ.
It's a charming series, full of spirit, light, sadness, life, darkness, curiousness, adventure, exploration, tense battles, but always, the Hero(es) rise above the Dragonlord/Demon Lord/Demon King/big baddy.

DQVII is not only my favorite DQ, it's my favorite game of all time.
The Linda/Pepe arc? Falrod/Falrish? Various events in DQVII touched me emotionally, and a lot of games can't claim to have had that effect on me.

Thanks to Yuji Horii for creating Dragon Quest, for making me feel like a kid again.

Thanks to Akira Toriyama for your exceptional monster designs and character art-work.

And thanks to Koichi Sugiyama for the tunes that will stay with me for the rest of my life.
If someone were to ask me who my favorite composer is at SE, it'd be Sugiyama, because there is nothing quite like starting up Dragon Warrior at 5 years old and hearing Overture, then the Tantegel Castle music (Chateau Ladutorm), and finally when I leave the town, that haunting Alefgard overworld theme, feeling like I'm actually on an adventure, and he's as magical now as he was then.

You've done me and many fans of this great series a solid.
I just hope these two 3DS titles that we are getting do well enough to ensure future localizations and I will be doing my part.

-(name has been redacted to protect the innocent!)

Hi,

I would like to say thank you for localizing both Dragon Quest VII and VIII for the 3DS.

Thank You,

(Name is redacted to protect the innocent!)

To whom it may concern...

Thank you. Thank you for deciding to bring Dragon Quest 7 and 8 back to the west. My brother and I have always been huge fans of the series, and once games stopped coming out over here, it really upset us, and a lot of other people. In the back of my mind, I knew they'd come back, ever since Terry's Wonderland 3D, I kept saying how, wait till next year, maybe they'll say something. After that didn't happen we were hoping that Bravely Default and Dragon Quest Heroes would show that we still love these games, and I suppose that worked. Dragon Quest 7 is my favourite one, so it makes me especially happy that that's one of the ones that we're getting. Thank you Healix, and Yuji Horii, and Akira Toriyama and Koichi Sugiyama and everyone else who made this possible. Here's a stylized GigaDraco I drew. They one of my favourite monsters.

- (name has been redacted to protect the innocent!)

(The picture is in the attachments)

Finally, my own personal note and thank you.

Up until literally 5 minutes before the announcement, I kept the faith that Dragon Quest VII and VIII would see a release.  I had a feeling for years that due to the small tidbits of teasers, and willingness to talk about Dragon Quest VII, both of your companies were giving us small hints that we would definitely see a release.  That was an emotional moment, thinking it was time to throw in the towel, and then to stop by Dragon's Den to request my account be closed, only to learn the announcement was finally made.  I was in tears for a bit, my mouth hanging open.

Sure, one can say it's just a video game, but everyone has something they love that they feel inspires them.  Gives them something to look forward to outside of their own lives.  For me, more than any other series, that is Dragon Quest.  I've always been an avid reader and videogame fan (though now, when I have the time), and while I started as a Final Fantasy and Zelda as my main escape, over time, and as I aged, I really gained an appreciation for all that Dragon Quest brings to the table.  Most especially my experience with the original Dragon Quest VII, released here, in the US, as Dragon Warrior VII.  I actually teared up the moment I saw that first online release teaser, as the opening theme played, and the title popped into view.  I think that was the first time I realized how much I really missed the series, given in the interim of a Super Nintendo devoid of any Dragon Quest, I had forgotten just how much my former experiences meant to me.  I had actually played through Dragon Warrior III, on the NES, probably somewhere over 300x.  It was one of a handful of games I could replay infinitely.  In many ways, Dragon Warrior VII brought that home.  It helps I had insomnia, so it isn't as though my life were devoted to gaming, but I probably spent far more time than I ought to have...then again, as C.S. Lewis would say, becoming an adult is more about learning to not care about how others perceive one partaking in childish things with glee, than it is about tossing such elements out, and pretending as though they are merely for children and should be left behind.  So I'm glad I stuck with my passion.  I would have missed a number of fantastic releases had I left it behind.

The funny thing is, the first time I played VII, I hated it.  I'm rather OCD and picky about going over every last detail (I farmed 99 of every alchemy item before I finished the main quest in Dragon Quest IX, 250 hours later...just to give you an idea).  I put the game aside, then was convinced to just play through again, only pick a few classes and enjoy the story.  That changed everything.  Since then Dragon Warrior VII has claimed, and remained in my favourite spot.  I replay it once every year or two, because I thoroughly enjoy the magic of each and every one of those town stories I come across.  More so now than I did on my second playthrough.

So to note that a remake of my favourite game is now coming this way has me giddy like a child.  LOL, I rather hate to put it in that context, but thank you.  Don't take my lack of mention of 8 to assume I means nothing.  It surely does not.  I've replayed that game five times now.  It's just, VII has been crown king for years.

I should wrap this up.  I get the feeling this is a joint effort, and I hope this continues through to a successful Dragon Quest release, and continued releases in the future, as I greatly anticipate the 11th game.

I wanted to say a special thank you to Healix.  You're a hero mate...you are.  Thank you for that fun lead up to the announcement.  That must have been difficult to bottle that up inside each of the team members who is responsible for his creation.  You guys have done a good job.  Keep it up, because there's definitely room to grow and develop much of that talent in video creation!  I really hope Healix remains the mascot going forward.

Thank you to Yuji Horii for creating and continuing to create such meaningful stories, and such fun and engaging battle systems.  Truly I would not be the fan that I am without your talent, especially the subtle nuances, and clever usage of language.  Thank you to Akira Toriyama for the classic, fun, and enjoyable art and animation, there's nothing else like it in the videogame world (outside of Dragonball games of course), and I love the fun and creativity expressed in each monster.  Thank you to Koichi Sugiyama for creating that atmosphere through such elegant compositions.

I look forward to future releases.  Cheers, and thanks again,

Alexander Langella (aka ignasia7)

Dear Squeenix,

Thank you for finally giving us North American Dragon Quest fans what we really wanted: updated RPGs on gaming devices. Looking forward to playing DQVII and DQVIII on my 3DS even more so than DQHTWTWATBB on my PS4 (quite the fun game!). I appreciate your continued support of the series oversees and hope you can find it within your budget to bring over all the other 3DS games you've skipped exporting. We're hopeful for those too.

Sincerely,

Plattym3, long time Dragon's Den member and Dragon Quest fan.

Apparently it's no longer obvious that what I state is my opinion only. I'm not a journalist, a fact man, nor God, just an opinionated poster. Readers, be warned.

Edited by Plattym3