Sign in to follow this  
sounderfan84

Report shows strong performance for mobile

As I expected.

This makes me happy. I absolutely love having Final Fantasy 1-7 and Dragon Quest 1-8 (minus 7...for now!) on my iPhone, especially since FF 1 and 2 were finally updated to modern standards (for mobile games at least lol). Not to mention there's a bunch of various FF and DQ spin-offs I got as well.

I love that I can play these games on my iphone. I had no idea they existed until recently, rekindled my love of Dragon Quest after half a decade of not playing one, and not playing video games at all, really. Now I've bought all of them but four and eight (I already own IV on NES, PSX, as well as on the DS in both Japanese and English--my Japanese reading ability is almost as good as my English--so I figured a fifth was overkill. Eight I read things that made me wary of the mobile version, so I ended up getting the 3DS version instead).

Edited by MRHD
  • Upvote 2

I love that I can play these games on my iphone. I had no idea they existed until recently, rekindled my love of Dragon Quest after half a decade of not playing one, and not playing video games at all, really. Now I've bought all of them but four and eight (I already own IV on NES, PSX, as well as on the DS in both Japanese and English--my Japanese reading ability is almost as good as my English--so I figured a fifth was overkill. Eight I read things that made me wary of the mobile version, so I ended up getting the 3DS version instead).

Same here, I only figured out the mobile ports were a thing last summer, and decided to try them out and was not disappointed. Im glad that there's still a legal way I can get these games so I can support the developers. I was weary of getting Dragon Quest VIII on mobile for similar reasons, but I decided to get it anyway, thinking that we wouldn't be getting the 3DS version of it. The mobile port isn't really that bad. It's pretty well optimized for a phone port. The controls are fine, and the frame rate is definitely lower than the ps2 version, but it's at least consistent. The only time I dropped any frames was during a cutscene later in the game. 

Edited by SlimeVagrant
  • Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this