eal

Amiibo Discussion

If that Toon Link works like a Toon Link. It too(n) will be mine

It probably will. The Kirby line of amiibo (excluding Waddle Dee) all work with Smash Bros. Granted that might not be what you are talking about using it for, but I'd be surprised if it didn't work in Smash as a way to have Toon Link.

I am glad that they allow the newer amiibo to do that, as it finally gave me the chance to have Dedede and Meta Knight as amiibo fighters.

It probably will. The Kirby line of amiibo (excluding Waddle Dee) all work with Smash Bros. Granted that might not be what you are talking about using it for, but I'd be surprised if it didn't work in Smash as a way to have Toon Link.

I am glad that they allow the newer amiibo to do that, as it finally gave me the chance to have Dedede and Meta Knight as amiibo fighters.

That is what I mean, but the direct worded it weirdly. It would be a shame if I grabbed the new one, forced into a two pack (Where I already have a zelda and don't really need a second) for it to call up as plain old Link, or not even at all.

You know, it's kind of a shame Samus didn't get an anniversary Amiibo herself. I'd love another Samus, she's great and she has a great 8-bit design.

It's probably because she doesn't fit into a 1 by 1 box like Mario and Link do.

I was thinking it was because Nintendo seems to have forgotten she still exists.  :goofyslime:

Edited by Hoshino22

^ Literally two weeks ago they released Metroid Prime: Federation Force.

Yeah, but that's still the only thing they did for Metroid's anniversary... comparing that to every Mario and Zelda anniversary is just... really unimpressive. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but that doesn't change the fact that for the most part Nintendo completely ignores the Metroid series. And that goes for Amiibo functionality too... the Metroid series has two Amiibo for Smash Bros and that's it.

That's because The Metroid Series only has two playables in Smash. If we got amiibo's for other things, figures for Ridley, Mother Brain and Dark Samus would be available, but people don't play with items or stage hazards

Something tells me we wouldn't see a Metroid line of amiibo. Metroid isn't popular in Japan, especially when compared to its popularity in other territories. According to sales, Federation Force didn't even break 25% of its shipment in Japan, and that's pretty bad.

I don't think it means Metroid doesn't have a future, but the problem is that Nintendo doesn't really seem to want to do anything with the series. They had a good thing going with the Prime Trilogy, and while Other M has its problems, it at least has some interesting ideas to the gameplay by combining 1st person and side scrolling (though the story direction and skill limitation was a big problem).

I'd be up for some Metroid based amiibo since I'm a fan of the series, but I don't see it happening unless we get a new game on a home console. They could act like they do in Zelda Twlight Princess HD in that they give Samus extra missiles or health refill and so on.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I do know that. And honestly, I think the main reason Nintendo didn't release a Samus 8-Bit Amiibo is because it wouldn't have much functionality with any Metroid games. The only Metroid game that's been released in the Amiibo's lifetime is Federation Force and it doesn't really have much you can do with Amiibo...

They didn't celebrate the 25th anniversary of the series either, so sadly it's just history repeating itself.

Though I do remember a picture floating around from Arby's of all companies that was celebrating Metroid's 30th anniversary that used the quote, "The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace..."

As for Federation Force, if they had really wanted to they could have had other amiibos act like they do in Mario Kart 8: you unlock a special outfit if you use certain amiibo.

Yeah, I just wish they would've even acknowledged it at all, though right now Nintendo seems to be pretending it doesn't exist.

Oh yeah, I think I saw something like that at some point too actually... though I was unaware that it was Arby's. Kind of bizarre.

I guess that's true, that would've been kind of fun! Really anything would've been nice.

Looking for Donkey/Diddy Kong, and Bowser Junior. I'll get the Super Mario Line of Rosalina when she is released. Been playing that Mini Mario amiibo puzzle game. Plays like Mario vs Donkey Kong, specific amiibo unlocks new levels and can unlock stuff at the end of the game. I have the rest

(Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Toad)

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/09/20/platinum-games-confirms-bayonetta-amiibo-figure

Love this quote: "But I assure you that we’re going to capture everything you know and love about Bayonetta – every detail down to the exact sizes of her glasses and eyes – and bring you an amiibo that’ll meet your every expectation."

Yes, the details we all want accurately portrayed are the eyes. That full set of eyes she has.

Still no word on Cloud.

I did see that Target had those Skylander Amiibos on clearance for $12. I was tempted to get them, but decided I really didn't want the Bowser or Donkey Kong that much.

The hell is taking so long? If Cloud and Bayo are taking awhile due to being 3rd party then fine, but let's see Corrin at least. He's a second party character, so it shouldn't be a problem to get his amiibo out, especially when all the other FE characters have one.

Didn't know there was a restock. If you missed Kid Icarus, Mega Man, Robin, or Samus, now's the chance to get 'em. Also, Gold Mario and supposedly Ness and Lucina but I've yet to see them.

Ooh, I've been looking for Palutena and Robin. The new Rosalina gives me a shot too. If I am lucky I might be able to snag 'em

Yeah, I didn't know about Palutena until she was staring me dead in the face this morning like a half hour after my post. Guess they really went to town with this restock. All I need now is Lucina and I'll have all the Amiibo I care about getting (that are out). Luckily, gonna be out voting and it looks like a Best Buy is nearby and I think Lucina just so happens to be Best Buy exclusive for some reason, so I'm a happy camper.

Yeah, I didn't know about Palutena until she was staring me dead in the face this morning like a half hour after my post. Guess they really went to town with this restock. All I need now is Lucina and I'll have all the Amiibo I care about getting (that are out). Luckily, gonna be out voting and it looks like a Best Buy is nearby and I think Lucina just so happens to be Best Buy exclusive for some reason, so I'm a happy camper.

Where did you find the restocked amiibo? GameStop, best buy? I'm planning to do some shopping tomorrow or Thursday so knowing where to look would be great.

I actually happened to find them at a GameStop first when I went in to get this month's event Pokémon code. Didn't even know about it until I saw a wall of Kid Icarus, Mega Man, Robin, and Gold Mario next to the 3DS games.

Then, I went to a Toys r Us in hopes of finding a Lucina instead of driving out to a Best Buy and had no luck with her but found Palutena heavily stocked. I'm starting to guess Lucina is a Best Buy exclusive and I heard about Ness when I checked the Internet but haven't found him either so he might be there too. Best Buy would probably be the best place to, well, buy.

I guess this happened awhile back but I didn't even hear about it. It made news online in September and the restock might have even happened in October but I hadn't seen them on shelves before today. This totally caught me by surprise.

Hit an amiibo goldmine today. Found Robin, Mega Man, and Pit at GameStop, and got a tip off about Lucina being at the nearby Best Buy (and they had a lot of Lucina amiibos).

But the best part? I finally got my hands on a Ness amiibo. I can't tell you how happy I am to have a Ness amiibo. He's been my Holy Grail of the amiibo, so having him at last is awesome.

Yeah, I looked it up and Lucian was definitely Best Buy exclusive and they had a ton of her. This restock supposedly happened mid-October. First, I can't believe it took this long for me to notice so actual stocking couldn't have happened until last week. Second, they doubled down on inventory. Lots and lots of them were lining the shelves. Robin, Palutena, and Lucina alone had whole rows of shelves dedicated to them.

I'm pretty much set until Bayonetta and Corrin come around so I'm excited.

The Mega Man costume in Mario Kart 8 is pretty snazzy. I like the E Tank on the back of the costume, but my favorite of the 3rd party costumes is still Pac-Man's. Now all I need is Wario and Rosalina's costumes and I'll have the full Mii costume set in MK8.

For fun, here's what I called the new five:

Ness - Ninten, using the blue color scheme

Lucina - Eirika, after the leading lady of FE Sacred Stones, using the light green haired color scheme

Pit - Kid Icarus (for the hell of it) using the the green color scheme

Robin - Reflet, after his/her Japanese name, using the red haired color scheme

Mega Man - Rockman, with the brown helmet color scheme (forget which Robot Master it's supposed to be)