Amiibo Discussion

I forgot Richtor and Dark Samus came out yesterday. Definitely wanna get that gorgeous looking Dark Samus Amiibo tomorrow.

Also, apparently Piranha Plant is getting a restock soon woot.

Edited by eal
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I only own two Amiibo-related items, and one is a pack. I has my 8-bit Link, going to eventually get 8-bit Marios to go with him... I'm also eventually gonna grab a Link's Awakening Link. I abso

You’re kids taught him too well apparently! Now they need to level grind in order to beat him.

I decided to order the Chibi-Robo amiibo. Should be arriving this week (or early next week). He's one of my favorite Nintendo characters, so I figured why not.

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Link amiibo for Link’s Awakening in the mail. Ordered it with Christmas money since I saw Amazon had it in stock again.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Smash amiibo for Dark Samus and Richter arrived in the mail. The Dark Samus one is REALLY good.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The new Smash amiibo for Dark Samus and Richter arrived in the mail. The Dark Samus one is REALLY good.

It looks REALLY good. I will probably cave it this week and buy one if I can still find one.

I ended up buying some NFC tags to "dump" amiibo data on. I have an Alm and Celica twin pack I never opened, and turns out that pack goes for like $50 right now. I really didn't want to open it since it is worth so much. So I am just gonna go this route to unlock the Fire Emblem: Three Houses stuff. And probably use it as an excuse to not open up my other amiibo.

• 4 months later...

There was a restock of some Amiibo, one of which was Piranha Plant.  Very happy to finally have it.

Looks like I’ll be able to grab K. Rool at last. Nice.

I only own two Amiibo-related items, and one is a pack.

I has my 8-bit Link, going to eventually get 8-bit Marios to go with him...

I'm also eventually gonna grab a Link's Awakening Link. I absolutely LOVED the art style of that game, it just felt so... clean.

And I have a pack of Amiibo cards for my copy of Breath of the Wild. $25, compared to buying 20+ amiibos. Sorry Nintendur, but ya'll should've done more reprints.

• Like 2

Got lucky at Best Buy and found some amiibo I didn’t have. Finally have an Isabelle (Smash) amiibo which I’m happy about, and they had the Shovel Knight triple pack on sale. It’s funny that I still don’t have Shovel Knight but have the amiibo, but honestly with how cool the amiibo are (and how they were on sale) it was easy to pick them up.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Found a Piranha Plant amiibo today! Pretty happy about that.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

When does Hero come out again?

October 2nd.

https://www.siliconera.com/joker-and-hero-amiibo-release-date/

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh #$*!, I totally forgot about pre-ordering the Joker and Hero amiibos! Oh man, I hope I can still grab them somewhere!

Phew, Best Buy still has Joker and Hero up for ordering! Bought them this evening and also ordered King K. Rool since they had him in stock too.

1 hour ago, eal said:

Three new Amiibo announced for next year. No female Beyleth :(

2B8A9840-01AB-4BA1-8401-E8C2D07A6ABC.png.f9dc721a2c8f8896c4520cbced5579f5.png

That Banjo & Kazooie one was so cool when Sakurai revealed it. All the new ones look great. Kind of surprised there won’t be a female Byleth since we got female Corrin.

29 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Shame that there isn't a Female Byleth. But that Terry is looking sick.

When I think about it, I bet it’s those stupid leggings of hers that may be an issue with making an amiibo. Not because it was be to sexy or graphic or anything like that, but because of how ridiculous the design is on her leggings. I could see it being hard to replicate and make it cost efficient. Now if they had been a solid color, it might be a different story.

Also, totally agree with you on Terry. I’m glad his amiibo was the one that broke down the wall of blocks stacked on the table.

My kids enjoyed playing with Hero today. I did 5 or 6 battles and then took off to do perler beads in peace.

They gave it 90 minutes and then found me to tell me he'd gotten to strong and they couldn't beat him anymore. Haha.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

My kids enjoyed playing with Hero today. I did 5 or 6 battles and then took off to do perler beads in peace.

They gave it 90 minutes and then found me to tell me he'd gotten to strong and they couldn't beat him anymore. Haha.

You’re kids taught him too well apparently! Now they need to level grind in order to beat him.

• Like 2
On 10/3/2020 at 10:50 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

When I think about it, I bet it’s those stupid leggings of hers that may be an issue with making an amiibo. Not because it was be to sexy or graphic or anything like that, but because of how ridiculous the design is on her leggings. I could see it being hard to replicate and make it cost efficient. Now if they had been a solid color, it might be a different story.

Also, totally agree with you on Terry. I’m glad his amiibo was the one that broke down the wall of blocks stacked on the table.

I didn't consider that. Consider that they are budget figures. I wouldn't be surprised.

Got Hero, King K. Rool and Joker in the mail today. This did happen though when I opened the box...

spacer.png

Joking aside, the detail is very good on all three of them. Not sure what I’ll nickname Joker. Only thing I can think of is calling him Crow and using that color palette. Naturally the Hero will be MopTopMo because of course it will. 🤣

• 1 month later...

Caved in and got Hero and Joker.

Hero looks pretty good. But I have to say Joker is a really good. I haven't seen any of these amiibo in person until they arrived. But Joker might be my favorite. Considering these are budget figures, its harder to get good facial details on the more human like characters. His mask hides that issue really well. I am going to end up keeping them both in box and getting a protective case for both of them. Will probably do the same when Terry and Banjo gets released.

Edited by Twinkie
  • Like 1