Name Changes in English (Currently making a list in the OP, pitch in)

Get me some Brooklyn and some Baw-ston MA too.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Preferences aren't "wrong." They're either agreed with or not. So, technically your understanding of English is wrong.

SEE?! It's already starting!

Comprehensive list (wip):   Monsters:           Towns:       Dungeons:       People:       Now less relevant OP:  

I have a lot fewer issues with name changes than most, but it always bothers me when they change the name of a location to reflect a temporary situation that your party happens across when they visit. Coffinwell in DQ9, for instance. Somnia in DQ6, as well. So now we have "Nottagen." Yes, that location has a bit of a repetitious nature to it, but it really doesn't have to be baked into the name. Sigh.

Gonna have to rename my DQ Fantasy Football team, Loomin's Likely Losers.

Alliteration will be hard with a longer name & size limitations.

Speaking of which, football season gast approaches

I have a lot fewer issues with name changes than most, but it always bothers me when they change the name of a location to reflect a temporary situation that your party happens across when they visit. Coffinwell in DQ9, for instance. Somnia in DQ6, as well. So now we have "Nottagen." Yes, that location has a bit of a repetitious nature to it, but it really doesn't have to be baked into the name. Sigh.

Gonna have to rename my DQ Fantasy Football team, Loomin's Likely Losers.

Alliteration will be hard with a longer name & size limitations.

Speaking of which, football season gast approaches
I think Yahoo autorenewed our league. I'll have to check on that!

Krage is Gröndal which means Green Valley or Green Dale.

Edited by Tiael

Krage is Gröndal which means Green Valley or Green Dale.

Where'd you see this?

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw the Comic-Con footage.

FloatTree = Monolog

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Football will be back and DQ7 will be even closer. September needs to hurry up...

Football sucks. We need someone to make Blitzball possible already.

I'm down to have both. Blitzball star by day, turbo duelist by night.

Football will be back and DQ7 will be even closer. September needs to hurry up...

Football is a lot of fun to play.  I can't stand watching sports.  Especially having arguments with other guys about sports.  Fantasy football is actually a blast, but then you're approaching the game as a nerd (yeah, that's right, all high-school ex-jocks are actually nerds at heart, just unwilling to admit it, and beating down the very thing they think they hate in themselves...lol, life, huh?).

Playing sports though...oh hell yeah.  Pick up games ftw, especially with a nerf football.  That's actually a blast.  You'd think it would be ridiculous until you actually play with one.  Hell of a lot of fun to throw around too.  I miss my old sports room.  I had like 20 basketballs, 4 footballs, a ton of nerf equipment, hockey sticks, baseball bats and baseballs, baseball gloves...hockey skates...I had to throw all of it out when I moved, though I managed to save a few things.  Some baseball bats, baseballs, including my luck baseball (hit me straight in the nose, in a way that SHOULD have killed me, sending my nose into my cerebellum, but I lived through it somehow...I ripped off the leather and coated the cork in wax).  Wow...thinking about that, I've had a lot of near death experiences.  Fell down stairs, fell across stairs, fell off a cliff...twice, um, cast out to sea, hit by a car pretty hard actually, the baseball, hit my head hard enough to open a hole in it and shove a piece of my skull INTO my brain (it's healed now, but that took months), um...wow, nearly drowned twice, was pulled underwater in the ocean and held under for longer than I could handle breathing, bled out my nose well over a quart of blood and passed out...crazy, I forgot about those.  There are others...

Jesus Christ, Iggy! You sound like the luckiest man alive!

Dude, you need to play the lottery. Like, right now.

Jesus Christ, Iggy! You sound like the luckiest man alive!

Dude, you need to play the lottery. Like, right now.

LOL, failed, every time.

Football's alright. I would like it a lot more if it wasn't for the incredibly stop and go nature of it though. But that's the game.

I'm definitely more a baseball guy though.

Football's alright. I would like it a lot more if it wasn't for the incredibly stop and go nature of it though. But that's the game.

I'm definitely more a baseball guy though.

Doesn't like football because stop & go. But you like the ultimate stop and go, baseball? I'm confused!

I get that a lot lol.

I dunno, there's like this constant tension going on in baseball. Unless it's a blowout, of course. Where its basically "hey lets just get this over with"

For me that means these two things:

One thing to look forward: Dragon Quest release!

One thing to dread: Football, mainly because others will try to drag me into a topic I don't give a crap about. It's one of two things that annoy me quite of a bit, the other being people who compliment me when I get a haircut.

It bothers you when people compliment your haircut? Let's go three for three with the Simpsons clips for today with this one:

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

For me that means these two things:

One thing to look forward: Dragon Quest release!

One thing to dread: Football, mainly because others will try to drag me into a topic I don't give a crap about. It's one of two things that annoy me quite of a bit, the other being people who compliment me when I get a haircut.

Ah, I thought you looked a bit different today. Looks way shorter, is that a summer look? Nice haircut, Stepchan. Congratulations! Edited by Plattym3

I don't know how you'd get that from my MLP-OC avatar. ^

It bothers you when people compliment your haircut? Let's go three for three with the Simpsons clips for today with this one:

I'm a male who likes to grow his hair. I really hate how my hair looks short and it also feels unnatural on me.

As for why I get it cut in the first place, my job is the only reason. They aren't extremely restrictive about male hair length, the only real rule is not past the shoulder.

I'm sure some would ask "Why not get lighter trims?" Well, it's not so simple. The last time I did that, the district manager at the time told my store manager to tell me to go and get it cut again roughly three months later. The only cheap place I can go to is at the edge of the county and even then I don't want to waste money and time that often on haircuts. So I figured get it cut short so that I don't have to go as often(roughly once a year instead).

I did try cutting my hair once, that turned out to be a disaster.

I also can't tell the ones who legitimately mean the compliment from the err... "old fashioned types" who think men should only have short hair.

lol hair problems

I've been shaving mine for years, even before I started showing signs of baldness. I liked the look. :thumbsup:

Edited by Fates

I roll with the Fade. It's my preferred style.