Name Changes in English (Currently making a list in the OP, pitch in)

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Preferences aren't "wrong." They're either agreed with or not. So, technically your understanding of English is wrong.

SEE?! It's already starting!

Comprehensive list (wip):   Monsters:           Towns:       Dungeons:       People:       Now less relevant OP:  

Eh, Gamexplain.

I'm surprised they even bothered to post about something Dragon Quest related.

It's a Nintendo event showcase thing.

Bravely Second is coming to NA April 15th, around 2 months after EU, much like Default did.

Eh, Gamexplain.

It's only because the person tweeting (Ash Paulsen) actually like Dragon Quest. If it was anyone else I'd be surprised if it was mentioned.

Eh, Gamexplain.

It's only because the person tweeting (Ash Paulsen) actually like Dragon Quest. If it was anyone else I'd be surprised if it was mentioned.

Ah, that explains it. While I'm not a big fan of them, I hope with Ash on board they'll do various videos to raise awareness of the games.

Woah woah woah, so I was just re-watching the VII announcement from the Direct and I noticed that in one of the scenes shown, some text flickers away as Aira performs a spell. I managed to pause it, and it seems Aira's name has been changed to Aishe! :o

I didn't ever get all the Inn guests in DQ9, but I was under the impression that we couldn't comfirm Maribel's name yet because she wasn't an Inn guest and her name wasn't in the preview.

But then I saw Maribel's Hood in the DQ9 helmets list. At least for English, Maribel = Maribel.

Also, Aishe is a terrible name for Aira. Jeez. I figured they'd go with Ayla or something... Are they afraid it will be too similar to DQ Heroes' Isla? If so, they should have used Isla's Japanese name (which I can't remember at the moment) for Heroes, or at least some other name that doesn't sound like Ayla/Aira.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Reading this thread now, Gabo is Ruff?

I don't like this one bit, I might warm up to it tho

(I may of not gotten too far in my DQ7 PS1 playthru but I felt attached to Gabo)

Aishe isn't even a real name, it's probably a derivative of the Arabic name Aisha.  If they're going that route, that's terrible...it makes no sense except that they're a traveling group who believes in God, but nothing about them fits the context of Arab.  They fit the profile of Gypsies, not Arabs...technically there are similarities with Bedouin tribes, and tents, but I see no desert ware, and Ayra's dress code would render her a stoning in most Muslim countries, and most Muslim communities even in Europe, and many in the US.  Sorry, but this names no sense.  I'm hoping that's an early prototype name.

(Insert probable name change at Dharma post here)

In all seriousness, I kind of like her name change if it sticks. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop referring to her as Aira though. :P

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Gabo!

That too.

Gabe. =P

For some reason the image of Gabe Newell's head on Gabo's body just popped into my mind...