Sign in to follow this  
eal

Crow Eating Thread

You put aside $10 every week and be golden. 

*might do that*

Even I was losing hope.

Sent from my Nexus 6

You put aside $10 every week and be golden.

*might do that*

Before I had responsibilities that's what I did. And for the few months I was living with other people in an apartment and my budget was also very limited, what I did was paid for everything I bought in cash and I used the change to pay for expensive things that I wanted that my budget wouldn't otherwise allow. You'd be surprised how much money you have that's just change. The Persona 4: Dancing All Night Disco Fever Edition I pre-ordered for $80? Paid for entirely with the change jar (that I changed into cash at a Coin Star because I'm not a douchebag).

Clearly we both did it, with my Hobo Link avatar and your Yangus, by our powers combined!

No.

It's because I imported all three games in Japanese (DQ7 on 3DS and mobile, DQ8 3DS), and I've been secretly working on translating DQ7 for the last 3 months or so. All that work for nothing. (But hey, I'm not about to complain about an official English release!)

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

My stance is still the same. I support the staff - the ones who did real, tangible work. I don't support the corporate side who take in way more and enact the policies that foster distrust and harm the series.

• Upvote 2

Clearly we both did it, with my Hobo Link avatar and your Yangus, by our powers combined!

No.

It's because I imported all three games in Japanese (DQ7 on 3DS and mobile, DQ8 3DS), and I've been secretly working on translating DQ7 for the last 3 months or so. All that work for nothing. (But hey, I'm not about to complain about an official English release!)

That's not it either.

It's because Platty didn't believe in English releases (hence his constant "It's not coming" catchphrase) that it happened. Cause science and stuff.

I was stunned when I watched the Nintendo Direct.  I was definitely a naysayer at this point, I didn't think it would happen.  There was such a lack of momentum for the series.  

Seems like this must have been in the works prior to the release of Dragon Quest Heroes?  I remember some folks saying they thought it might live or die based on the sales of that game.

• Upvote 1

I remember some folks saying they thought it might live or die based on the sales of that game.

Yeah, like Square Enix.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I remember some folks saying they thought it might live or die based on the sales of that game.

Yeah, like Square Enix.

Yeah, that just got exposed as a lie.  They surely didn't start translating that behemoth of a script a couple days after the DQH:TWTWATBB's release.  Nice job Squeenix, throw your own words under the bus.

My stance is still the same. I support the staff - the ones who did real, tangible work. I don't support the corporate side who take in way more and enact the policies that foster distrust and harm the series.

Exactly.

I must have stated at some point (perhaps most of us did) that I didn't think it was going to happen.  I thought of VII as this massive game that would take up a lot of resources to fully translate, plus there's added content from the original to tack onto retranslating the 3DS gamescript.

This gives me new hope for DQX.

Did someone say DQVII's OST is fully orchestrated?  Why isn't DQH's?

I'll eat crow when the Monsters games get localized.

Until then I could really care less about this entire announcement.

Hey dude.  Wrong topic.  You want this one:

http://www.woodus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31612

Until then I could really care less about this entire announcement. If they have the resources to bring over these, there's zero excuse for not bringing the monsters games.

Way to be that guy! Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Until then I could really care less about this entire announcement. If they have the resources to bring over these, there's zero excuse for not bringing the monsters games.

They have plenty of an excuse. They sold like hot garbage and are accused, wrongfully so, of being Pokemon ripoffs. On top of that, they just introduced Yo-Kai Watch into the monster-catching ecosystem, and there's more money to be made from that multi-media franchise.

Way to be that guy!

If you aren't excited then that's fine, but come on, don't dismiss this just because it doesn't pertain to the Monsters games.

I'm slightly excited. I'll get to play the main games, then quit them after an hour and go back to my Japanese 3DS. That's relatively interesting. The whole release is about as interesting as going to a college lecture.

You must be a thrill at parties. :P

• Upvote 1

Oh my gosh, lighten up man! I was joking with you, I just couldn't resist saying that!

• Upvote 1

Like an obese man trying to put on a belt, let's try to take it down a few notches fellas.

Like an obese man trying to put on a belt, let's try to take it down a few notches fellas.

Agreed. I apologize for that joke Sing., so let's end it there. Now, I'm off to slay some Colossi now, so...good-bye! (Zooms off)

Unbelievable. Really!? I mean, come on. Way to be THAT guy. I just keep rereading your comment over and over and over and just cannot fathom why you'd go and say what you did. Hey Woodus, kick this guy out. Dwaine, lock this thread. I'm completely over $#!& like this.

It's "couldn't" really care less. Geeze.

Edited by Plattym3

'K.