Sign in to follow this  
Bob_the_Almighty

DQ 7 and 8 3DS showing up on Amazon

The gift card method works for me, and as long as it keeps workin' Ol' Yangus will stick wiv it.

;) I'll probably end up pre-ordering both at my local gamestop, may end up getting two copies of Dragon Quest VIII 3DS, especially if it has the option for Japanese voice overs.

I'll be waiting until closer to the release date to pre-order, in case they announce a collector's edition of some sort, or some retailer-specific bonuses. (I know there were bonuses if you took the game to McDonald's or something in Japan close to the release date there, but I'm sure if they include those here they will be pre-order bonuses instead.

;) Dragon Quest VII is actually listed on Gamestop's site and slated for availability on New Year's Eve, meaning it'll probably be after New Years before I snag me a copy since delivery time where I live can vary.

;) Dragon Quest VII is actually listed on Gamestop's site and slated for availability on New Year's Eve, meaning it'll probably be after New Years before I snag me a copy since delivery time where I live can vary.

Pretty sure it was confirmed for an early summer release. 

;) I miss read it on the Gamestop site, it's actually listed for New Years Eve NEXT year and not this year.

sh4YUYZ.png

(Seriously everyone, stop quoting all my posts, it's getting a little annoying)

;) I miss read it on the Gamestop site, it's actually listed for New Years Eve NEXT year and not this year.

sh4YUYZ.png

(Seriously everyone, stop quoting all my posts, it's getting a little annoying)

:P

The place I usually order from doesn't have either VII or VIII up as of yet. I emailed them and asked but have not heard back as of yet. Newegg

;) Ahhhhhh, that explains it then, still at least it's IN the listing :P

12/31/16 is a place holder.  All online stores would show that date when they don't have anything more specific.

Yeah, besides we've already been given a rough timetable.

DQVII - Summer

DQVIII - Holidays

;) Well either way it will be NEXT year before I play Dragon Quest VII and VIII :P

Great news and a good idea for a contest - who will buy either of them or both?

;) I think it's obvious which contest involving the purchase of the games I'll be in :laugh: 

SPOILERS: All of them >D

Both for sure.

Both, though I am more excited about VII. :wd_coolslime:

I NEED A NEW DRAGON QUEST GAME RIGHT NOW I HAVE WAITED SO LONG FOR THEM TO FINALLY ANNOUNCE 7 3DS AND I CANT WAIT ANYMORE FOR SUMMER :(

I NEED A NEW DRAGON QUEST GAME RIGHT NOW I HAVE WAITED SO LONG FOR THEM TO FINALLY ANNOUNCE 7 3DS AND I CANT WAIT ANYMORE FOR SUMMER :(

Tell us how you really feel...

• Upvote 1

So.. Do you guys think they'll offer the slime equipment DLC as a pre-order bonus like they did when the game came out in Japan?  For Japan, you'd only get one specific piece of slime DLC depending on where you pre-ordered (I think there was between 2-4 different types of slime weapons), but knowing North America, I'm sure it'll be a pre-order it anywhere and get a code for all the slime DLC.  And then I guess over time we'll get the DLC lithograph maps/immigrants released, kind of like DQVC

And I guess over time that will all go away as they shut servers down.

I still can't believe this game is coming. It's crazy.

Edited by Mr. RPG

I had often said that if 2015 went by with no word on a release, it was a done deal.  Well, they pushed it to the limit.

• Upvote 1

And I guess over time that will all go away as they shut servers down.

And I hate this.

I mean, online multiplayer modes are fun and fantastic, but I can't say I'm a big fan of DLC and online exclusive features.

And I'm not talking about just DQ, but for a lot of games nowadays.

Edited by Dancingmad
  • Upvote 1

What's even worse...you BUY online only copies of games (for the same price, or often far higher prices than physical copies...oh yes), and then your HDD gets damaged somehow, or you deleted one game to install another, and then the servers go down, and you cannot install that game again, that you paid for.  Too bad, sucks to be you for not buying the physical copy.

This second thing hasn't happened yet, but given game content is shut off for Wii/DS, it stands to reason they might screw over those people who paid good money for Wii/DSi online games.

Given Sony's sudden shift as well, it's certainly possible someone who purchased games for their PSP will no longer be able to redownload shoudl something happen to those precious memory cards with those digital game copies.

I really hate digital copies, it's too much of a hassle, and bad form.  Too many complications, and companies are also taking advantage of lack of attentiveness, as more often than not, Digital copies are MORE expensive than physical, or just as.  Tales, for example, are cheaper to buy physical copies for now for Xillia, and I can even find copies of Symphonia, now and again, for less than on Steam (though it's used clearly).  Digital releases really milk players for all their worth.  It's bad enough we've now come to accept microtransactions, to a point where people ARE now spending the same amount on microtransactions for games that cost more than Gran Turismo 4, had the entire package been purchased, back when people were complaining, legitimately, about a game costing 300~500 to play in full (nevermind there was less content overall than GT2).

Edited by ignasia7

Redacted.

Edited by eal